F430 E Diff Failed Warning - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-28-2012, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 11
E Diff Failed Warning

Hi there all i have a 2005 F430 Manual that i have had for around 2 months. It has 18,000 miles on the clock, all has been fine, however i went out to it the other day and the dash was lit up like a Christmas tree!! E-diff warning, CST off, brake warning light, F1 trans pump light buzzers on etc also the trip meter has changed to from MPH to KPH

I have tried to power it down via the master switch over night but as soon as i power it up and turn the ignition on i get the same warnings and buzzer going off.

Anyone else had this happen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-28-2012, 04:44 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 768
You have a pressure failure in the f1 system. You have to have the system check with a SD3 Ferrari scan tool . Your local dealer can check the system. You many need a pump or there are a couple of sensor that have to be replaced and then programed. I have repair many F430 with this problem. Shutting of the battery will not repair the problem . If you need any help , please let me know.
Thanks
Alex.
post #3 of 11 Old 04-29-2012, 02:38 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,339
From what you describe Paul, it looks like you have a problem with your instrument panel ECU (your car is a manual, so no F1 issues possible). Did you have recently battery problems? Have you tried to jump start it with another car?

BTW, welcome to FerrariLife

post #4 of 11 Old 04-29-2012, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefVan View Post
From what you describe Paul, it looks like you have a problem with your instrument panel ECU (your car is a manual, so no F1 issues possible). Did you have recently battery problems? Have you tried to jump start it with another car?

BTW, welcome to FerrariLife
Hi there Stef, i fitted a new battery 4 weeks ago as i was monitoring the voltage and seen it was dropping, but no i have not “jumped” the car but think the garage did when i collected it 2 months ago.

I know it is a manual but i believe it retains the F1 pump to run the E-Diff i believe.

It was booking in to the supplying garage to have some paint work corrected so i have told them of the issue which they said no problem it may just be a fuse or a sensor, then i told them about the trip meter being in KPH and this worried them as the last time this happened to them on a 360 they could not get it back to MPH.

I will await their findings.
post #5 of 11 Old 04-29-2012, 10:11 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
If they jumped your car and fried your ecu, i'd have a discussion. Good luck, i hope it's something minor.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #6 of 11 Old 04-29-2012, 10:45 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,339
Hmm, if they jump started your car, there is a chance that the instrument panel ECU got damaged or lost its configuration. Especially this ECU is very sensitive and hates voltages spikes or noisy power lines. With the SD3, your dealer can try to reset the ECU and erase the microcontroller EEPROM. In the worst case, they’ll have to change it. To understand better the sequence of your problem, when exactly did your instrument panel started to show the different alarms? Was that right after a specific event? If your garage changed your battery 2 months ago and did something wrong, your instrument panel should immediately after show such signs and not 2 months later. Are you certain that the steering wheel angle ECU connector is correctly plugged?

Good luck Paul Let us know how it goes.
post #7 of 11 Old 04-30-2012, 09:42 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,858
Paul- All good advice, but the first thing I would check for is a loose ground connection on the battery, which can show up as all kinds of squirrels. If the ground was connected relatively loosely, it may have loosened under vibration. A cheap fix, if that is the problem. It will take an SD3 to get your mph indication back, though. Do you still have a valid odometer reading, except in kms?

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #8 of 11 Old 05-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefVan View Post
Hmm, if they jump started your car, there is a chance that the instrument panel ECU got damaged or lost its configuration. Especially this ECU is very sensitive and hates voltages spikes or noisy power lines. With the SD3, your dealer can try to reset the ECU and erase the microcontroller EEPROM. In the worst case, they’ll have to change it. To understand better the sequence of your problem, when exactly did your instrument panel started to show the different alarms? Was that right after a specific event? If your garage changed your battery 2 months ago and did something wrong, your instrument panel should immediately after show such signs and not 2 months later. Are you certain that the steering wheel angle ECU connector is correctly plugged?

Good luck Paul Let us know how it goes.
Today!

Battery gone! tick tick on start! then a big X message and E-Diff error after that.
Jump Started from battery's head (not behind the seat) and took it to ferrari and put a new battery. now it's fine.

Never jump start with low powered jump starters.

F430 F1
post #9 of 11 Old 09-26-2012, 03:12 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX A View Post
You have a pressure failure in the f1 system. You have to have the system check with a SD3 Ferrari scan tool . Your local dealer can check the system. You many need a pump or there are a couple of sensor that have to be replaced and then programed. I have repair many F430 with this problem. Shutting of the battery will not repair the problem . If you need any help , please let me know.
Thanks
Alex.
I .have a problem .e diff warning light on, error .s olinoid valve,have change this,same probleme as before.can you help me?thanks
post #10 of 11 Old 09-26-2012, 10:14 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,858
The E-Diff shares the reservoir of the F1 system, and uses an F1 pump to power the E-Diff, even on three pedal cars. With any luck, you are just low on F1 fluid or the F1 and E-diff systems need bleeding. It will take a technician with an SD3 to easily bleed the system and also an SD3 to do a proper analysis of what is really wrong with the E-Diff. Take her to a qualified technician and hopefully the fix will be relatively inexpensive.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #11 of 11 Old 03-16-2014, 11:06 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Ferrari 360 x warning light

I have a 2003 manual 360
Was jumped foot well and x has appeared on screen...
Garage can't seem to clear the fault..

New battery has been fitted..
Any help.. Pls..

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode