Ferrari Life Forum banner

Speaker - sub woofer - sound system

F430 
34K views 57 replies 17 participants last post by  50Pesos 
#1 ·
Hi all.

My Woofer's speaker seem to be blown. it makes noise on bass. can anyone please tell me how can I open and check it out?

#3 · (Edited)
yes. full cracking. like the speaker specially the top one is blown.
what I've done is I shut the woofer off and reduced the bass on the equalizer, that way I can use the sound system. just wanted to know if someone can help me open it and check the speaker. this is a normal speaker and I might be able to replace it with a better quality one.

#6 ·
The Ferrari factory speakers are horrid. Any basic aftermarket speaker (e.g. DLS, Rockford...) will outperform those. I opened my factory speakers andwas shocked to see that they are just basic paper type of speaker and the paper has hardened over the years causing the loss of acoustics.

#11 · (Edited)
My Goodness!
:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:
This is the horror movie I've seen when I opened the woofer!

Not only blown! but also the mid curtain is fallen and dancing there freely and making NOISE!
All to do is to remove them and replace them with something better.

tell me guys, you think I should keep the grill or the exposed speaker is better? maybe I should keep it original huh?

#17 ·
That sub in post 12 looks to big in diameter for the recess.
that jbl is just a photoshop edit. ofcourse it must be just the same size. no upgrade worth on this case really...
put the grill back on. did it come off as as i said?
yes right. with grill is nicer. grill comes out with it's all plastic surroundings. it has 3 things to consider:
1) the holders are greasy (maybe to avoid vibration noise)
2) it has to be removed from driver's assistant elbow side. it got a pin in there that if you try from top/down/driver side will break easily.
>> use a plastic pvc card (like parking/credit cards) or tinting card.

I'm going now to change the speakers... photos will come along.

#22 ·
stock sub box new speakers

Fyi, in order to get the stock grills back on a special adapter needs to be made and the speakers will need to be recessed . When I did this car we were not using the stock box for subs but for rear fill...

Scott

Attachments

#24 · (Edited)
Here are pictures of removing the spreakers and installing new ones.

>> Funny : Ferrari's top speaker is just a curtain and speaker doesn't have magnet. it's empty! lower one is a cheap low quality paper. it's a must change.

1) Focal : Comes with tweeter on it and you will have to change the grill from original and I didn't want to do so.
2) RCF : the woofer was too strong and the bass and base of the sound was too high.
3) Pioneer : Fit

So the result is only go for high powered speakers if you are changing all speakers.

Now the sound is good.

Attachments

#30 ·
Here are pictures of removing the spreakers and installing new ones.

>> Funny : Ferrari's top speaker is just a curtaing and speaker doesn't have magnet. it's empty!

1) Focal : Comes with tweeter on it and you will have to change the grill from original and I didn't want to do so.
2) RCF : the woofer was too strong and the bass and base of the sound was too high.
3) Pioneer : Fit

So the result is only go for high powered speakers if you are changing all speakers.

Now the sound is good.
That is quite usual to have a one passive speaker and one active speaker with a low volume enclosure. It should be sealed and work at constant volume, so the membrane of the passive speaker is moving in phase opposition with the the one of the active speaker.

I hope that you have connected your 2 active speakers so that their membrane move as described above, otherwise the pressure change in the box will dampen the speaker response.
In other words, when the membrane of 1 speaker move outward, the membrane of the other should move inward. The polarity of the speakers should be crossed.

#27 · (Edited)

I didn't Use the tweeters.

Pioneer TS-A1304C 5" Component Speaker Package
300 Watts Max power (35 Watts Nominal Power)
Carbon Graphite IMPP Cone With interlaced aramid Fiber Provides strength and Rigidity for full-bodied,Rich Sound
Sift Dome Tweeter with Wave Guide for increased Sensitivity
Lightweight elstic polymer surround for high sensitivity
New Grille Design
Smooth off-axis response
28Hz - 29kHz
Sensitivity 89dB

original :

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.