Scud/16M modification thread! - Page 55 - Ferrari Life
 8Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1081 of 1518 Old 09-23-2013, 08:38 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: UK
Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
The last piece to the original puzzle ... like a kid in a candy store
Hi, if anyone is missing the silver model that was supposed to come with each 16M then please PM me as I have one.
15hn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1082 of 1518 Old 09-23-2013, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Russell996's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK. New Forest.
Ferrari Life Posts: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15hn View Post
Hi, if anyone is missing the silver model that was supposed to come with each 16M then please PM me as I have one.
Must have addition if you have a 16M.
Harry, enjoying the 458?
Attached Images
 

'SCUD' Verb. To move fast as if driven by the wind.
Russell996 is offline  
post #1083 of 1518 Old 09-23-2013, 11:09 AM
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15hn View Post
Hi, if anyone is missing the silver model that was supposed to come with each 16M then please PM me as I have one.
I have one but ... could always use another for the right price

Is that being a pig I guess if I have to ask ...
champagne612 is offline  
 
post #1084 of 1518 Old 09-23-2013, 01:10 PM
Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pacific North West
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
I have one but ... could always use another for the right price

Is that being a pig I guess if I have to ask ...
Doug is always looking out for me, thanks buddy!

2015 458 Speciale', 2014 F12, 2013 458 Rosso Scuderia (To be traded), 2012 MP4-12C, 2010 LP670 SV, 2010 Panamera Turbo, 2009 16M, 2009 Scuderia , 2008 CLK63 Cab., 2002 996 GT2, 1994 RX-7 R2
markjayw is offline  
post #1085 of 1518 Old 09-23-2013, 06:14 PM
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjayw View Post
Doug is always looking out for me, thanks buddy!
You said it was over the top out of all the models I collect this is the best one to own.

Get it ... if you don't it's going on my desk at the office and I am going to text you pictures of it at least once a month.
champagne612 is offline  
post #1086 of 1518 Old 10-06-2013, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Russell996's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK. New Forest.
Ferrari Life Posts: 700
Anyone for 'Foam White'?
I've obviously moved to the Southern Hemisphere as well. LOL
Attached Images
 

'SCUD' Verb. To move fast as if driven by the wind.
Russell996 is offline  
post #1087 of 1518 Old 10-21-2013, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Russell996's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK. New Forest.
Ferrari Life Posts: 700
I knew continuing to look at FC would come in useful.

Latest fix for Scud headlight spider web crazing is gently heating with a heat gun. Several Scud owners have tried it with great success, zero cost and a little bit of time.

'SCUD' Verb. To move fast as if driven by the wind.
Russell996 is offline  
post #1088 of 1518 Old 10-22-2013, 07:53 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pacific North West
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
I knew continuing to look at FC would come in useful.

Latest fix for Scud headlight spider web crazing is gently heating with a heat gun. Several Scud owners have tried it with great success, zero cost and a little bit of time.
I saw this yesterday too. Would like to see some photos of the before and after.

2015 458 Speciale', 2014 F12, 2013 458 Rosso Scuderia (To be traded), 2012 MP4-12C, 2010 LP670 SV, 2010 Panamera Turbo, 2009 16M, 2009 Scuderia , 2008 CLK63 Cab., 2002 996 GT2, 1994 RX-7 R2
markjayw is offline  
post #1089 of 1518 Old 10-22-2013, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Russell996's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK. New Forest.
Ferrari Life Posts: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjayw View Post
I saw this yesterday too. Would like to see some photos of the before and after.
+1
If it works it's a great fix.

'SCUD' Verb. To move fast as if driven by the wind.
Russell996 is offline  
post #1090 of 1518 Old 10-22-2013, 11:53 PM
Owner
 
StefVan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Switzerland
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,397
It may help but prefer to warn that applying a 500C heat gun on the headlight lenses will melt them at once! The PC material of these lenses are specified to resist at max 80C....
StefVan is online now  
post #1091 of 1518 Old 10-23-2013, 02:44 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Russell996's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK. New Forest.
Ferrari Life Posts: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefVan View Post
It may help but prefer to warn that applying a 500C heat gun on the headlight lenses will melt them at once! The PC material of these lenses are specified to resist at max 80C....
I think some are now trying a hair dryer for that very reason. We wait to see how it goes.

'SCUD' Verb. To move fast as if driven by the wind.
Russell996 is offline  
post #1092 of 1518 Old 10-29-2013, 06:04 PM
Owner
 
hrf scuderia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New Zealand
Ferrari Life Posts: 54
S-Line Motorsports X-pipe Exhaust.

It has arrived !
An early xmas present../ A S-Line Motorsport X-Pipe Exhaust.
I will do a dyno pull comparison with OE exhaust and the S-Line Motorsport X-Pipe and post the data results and videos when completed.
Cannot wait for the smile!

http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/at...1&d=1383097208
Attached Images
 

Hugh,
Current: 430 Scuderia.
Coustodian:365 GTB/4, 365 BB, 246 GTS, 308 GTB gf
Past: 308 GTB, 328 GTB, 360 Modena.
hrf scuderia is offline  
post #1093 of 1518 Old 10-29-2013, 07:04 PM
Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pacific North West
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrf scuderia View Post
It has arrived !
An early xmas present../ A S-Line Motorsport X-Pipe Exhaust.
I will do a dyno pull comparison with OE exhaust and the S-Line Motorsport X-Pipe and post the data results and videos when completed.
Cannot wait for the smile!

http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/at...1&d=1383097208
You will love it! I posted a recent Dyno video with my 16M and the exhaust. Only have after reading, curious to see what gains you get.

2015 458 Speciale', 2014 F12, 2013 458 Rosso Scuderia (To be traded), 2012 MP4-12C, 2010 LP670 SV, 2010 Panamera Turbo, 2009 16M, 2009 Scuderia , 2008 CLK63 Cab., 2002 996 GT2, 1994 RX-7 R2
markjayw is offline  
post #1094 of 1518 Old 10-29-2013, 07:25 PM
Owner
 
hrf scuderia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New Zealand
Ferrari Life Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjayw View Post
You will love it! I posted a recent Dyno video with my 16M and the exhaust. Only have after reading, curious to see what gains you get.
I did see your video's Mark../ That flat torque curve is particularly impressive compared to the dropping one of the 458.

Hugh,
Current: 430 Scuderia.
Coustodian:365 GTB/4, 365 BB, 246 GTS, 308 GTB gf
Past: 308 GTB, 328 GTB, 360 Modena.
hrf scuderia is offline  
post #1095 of 1518 Old 10-31-2013, 07:55 AM
Owner
 
RichardCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Zurich for 23 years
Ferrari Life Posts: 416
Looks good it seems the X pipe is the key to the best sound for the muffler, in Switzerland they would likely confiscate the car should I get stopped with such and there are plenty of controls here
RichardCH is offline  
post #1096 of 1518 Old 10-31-2013, 10:49 AM
Owner
 
alwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Ferrari Life Posts: 472
If you think the x-pipe sounds good with the stock airbox, wait till you guys upgrade to the novitec high-flow full carbon airbox.

My Scuderia sounds even more amazeballs.

Aventador and GTO and Enzo owners can't even hear their own exhaust when I blast by them and constantly have to look twice to figure out what just drove by them, yet from inside the cabin everything is crisp, clean and zero drone and I don't have to yell at my passenger to carry a conversation.

Was contemplating a Capristo header + sport cat upgrade, but I just didn't want to risk losing that amazeballs sound. Mine is beyond perfect as is imho!

And dynosheets can say whatever they want to say, no 458 can pull on me and I've done several runs on an airstrip against a coupe...I actually slowly pull away all the way through 145-150mph, then and only then does the 458's 7th gear kick in to close the gap. He also had a full IPE exhaust btw...

Last edited by alwin; 10-31-2013 at 11:06 AM.
alwin is offline  
post #1097 of 1518 Old 10-31-2013, 10:59 AM
Owner
 
alwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Ferrari Life Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
+1
If it works it's a great fix.
It didn't work for me, but I think because I had left the hazing/spidering alone for too long (3 weeks).
alwin is offline  
post #1098 of 1518 Old 10-31-2013, 12:08 PM
Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pacific North West
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwin View Post
If you think the x-pipe sounds good with the stock airbox, wait till you guys upgrade to the novitec high-flow full carbon airbox.

My Scuderia sounds even more amazeballs.

Aventador and GTO and Enzo owners can't even hear their own exhaust when I blast by them and constantly have to look twice to figure out what just drove by them, yet from inside the cabin everything is crisp, clean and zero drone and I don't have to yell at my passenger to carry a conversation.

Was contemplating a Capristo header + sport cat upgrade, but I just didn't want to risk losing that amazeballs sound. Mine is beyond perfect as is imho!

And dynosheets can say whatever they want to say, no 458 can pull on me and I've done several runs on an airstrip against a coupe...I actually slowly pull away all the way through 145-150mph, then and only then does the 458's 7th gear kick in to close the gap. He also had a full IPE exhaust btw...
Sound clips? Pics?

2015 458 Speciale', 2014 F12, 2013 458 Rosso Scuderia (To be traded), 2012 MP4-12C, 2010 LP670 SV, 2010 Panamera Turbo, 2009 16M, 2009 Scuderia , 2008 CLK63 Cab., 2002 996 GT2, 1994 RX-7 R2
markjayw is offline  
post #1099 of 1518 Old 10-31-2013, 12:20 PM
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
I think some are now trying a hair dryer for that very reason. We wait to see how it goes.
Heat guns blow dryers whatever - if they don't have a temperature control it's nuts to use one if you aren't very familiar with the process.

I have seen guys without temp controls kill windshields - it's insane what a silly little blow dryer can do if it's held in the same position allowing heat to build up.

Feel free to ask your wife what a hair dryer in the wrong hands is capable of.
champagne612 is offline  
post #1100 of 1518 Old 10-31-2013, 01:51 PM
Owner
 
alwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Ferrari Life Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjayw View Post
Sound clips? Pics?
Will whip something together after I get her back from her annual =)

8,900 miles and ticking...based on fchat consensus, it's probably worth less than my left testicle at this point.

I still can't believe ppl still think 5k miles is the norm benchmark for "low mileage" for a car of this age...
alwin is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale