Scud/16M modification thread! - Page 42 - Ferrari Life
 8Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #821 of 1518 Old 05-27-2013, 05:01 PM
Owner
 
hrf scuderia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New Zealand
Ferrari Life Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbonvillain View Post
Laser etched plaques are done this week and Alwin's is out the door.
Ronnie, Dan, jeremy and a few other folks were just on a drive with me though, they may chime in with their thoughts.
we got some fresh video too.
David, Looking forward to more video footage and Alwin's dyno comparisons.
The weight saving is very impressive.
Is the mount a single bolt structure and does it have any spring or movement tolerance? You talked of a gen2 mount on Alwin's. How does this differ?

Hugh,
Current: 430 Scuderia.
Coustodian:365 GTB/4, 365 BB, 246 GTS, 308 GTB gf
Past: 308 GTB, 328 GTB, 360 Modena.
hrf scuderia is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #822 of 1518 Old 05-27-2013, 07:27 PM
 
Join Date: May 2013
Ferrari Life Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrf scuderia View Post
David, Looking forward to more video footage and Alwin's dyno comparisons.
The weight saving is very impressive.
Is the mount a single bolt structure and does it have any spring or movement tolerance? You talked of a gen2 mount on Alwin's. How does this differ?
The mount on Alwin's pipes looked like it was a crossed W shape as compared to my V shape and it mounted to the two spots on either side of where mine is screwed into.

There is some movement tolerance, but I wouldn't say there is a lot . Dave said the production ones have adjustable tips to allow for variance between cars and as they heat up and settle in so other installers can have them set perfectly. I haven't seen what that means exactly, but we should have pics of Alwins to post up tomorrow or Wednesday.
dbonvillain is offline  
post #823 of 1518 Old 05-27-2013, 07:47 PM
 
Join Date: May 2013
Ferrari Life Posts: 50
You can kinda see what I'm talking about here I think. The other mount I saw went on either side horizontally of the one you see mounted vertically here
Attached Images
 
dbonvillain is offline  
 
post #824 of 1518 Old 05-27-2013, 11:21 PM
Owner
 
hrf scuderia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New Zealand
Ferrari Life Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbonvillain View Post
You can kinda see what I'm talking about here I think. The other mount I saw went on either side horizontally of the one you see mounted vertically here
Thanks David. That picture has given me a better insight. The old adage of a picture is worth a thousand words.

Hugh,
Current: 430 Scuderia.
Coustodian:365 GTB/4, 365 BB, 246 GTS, 308 GTB gf
Past: 308 GTB, 328 GTB, 360 Modena.
hrf scuderia is offline  
post #825 of 1518 Old 05-29-2013, 10:13 PM
 
Join Date: May 2013
Ferrari Life Posts: 50
So I truly despise this camera I purchased to do some shoots with. It has now been returned and I await the new Canon's to drop next month.
Ronnie's shots from the 430 were killed by wind noise, which is unfortunate cause the tunnel in Boulder Canyon was a deafening symphony, but regardless cut this clip for what it is worth:
New Scuderia Exhaust Clip - YouTube
dbonvillain is offline  
post #826 of 1518 Old 05-29-2013, 11:29 PM
Owner
 
16M Down Under's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbonvillain View Post
So I truly despise this camera I purchased to do some shoots with. It has now been returned and I await the new Canon's to drop next month.
Ronnie's shots from the 430 were killed by wind noise, which is unfortunate cause the tunnel in Boulder Canyon was a deafening symphony, but regardless cut this clip for what it is worth:
New Scuderia Exhaust Clip - YouTube
Thanks David for the vid. I gather that you are satisfied with the x pipe note across the range. I know that Alwin is getting a dyno but what do you think of it? Have you noticed any improvements in acceleration, responsiveness, torque, etc?

Ferrari - Corsa/Nero 16M Past - 09 F430, 09 Cali
16M Down Under is offline  
post #827 of 1518 Old 05-30-2013, 12:37 AM
Owner
 
430Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbonvillain View Post
So I truly despise this camera I purchased to do some shoots with. It has now been returned and I await the new Canon's to drop next month.
Ronnie's shots from the 430 were killed by wind noise, which is unfortunate cause the tunnel in Boulder Canyon was a deafening symphony, but regardless cut this clip for what it is worth:
New Scuderia Exhaust Clip - YouTube

Would you happen to have a longer clip of the car at idle? It sure sounds menacing at take off but otherwise not that huge a difference in tone and pitch to a Capristo complete system.
430Addict is offline  
post #828 of 1518 Old 05-30-2013, 08:44 AM
 
Join Date: May 2013
Ferrari Life Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16M Down Under View Post
Thanks David for the vid. I gather that you are satisfied with the x pipe note across the range. I know that Alwin is getting a dyno but what do you think of it? Have you noticed any improvements in acceleration, responsiveness, torque, etc?
Yeah, I love the note...it seems very 'refined' if that makes sense. Odd given the simplicity of the exhaust overall, but given my particular goals I don't know how it could be any better.

My butt dyno isn't the best judge as there are so many other factors when I am driving that it's always hard for me to gauge...especially in the Scuderia as it is just such a phenomenal car overall...but yes, it seems a bit more responsive and like it has a tad more scoot to it...but again, it was already so incredibly good and I am so overwhelmed with the privilege to be behind the wheel, it would be hard for me to say whether it's the sound, power, weight or what that took it up that extra notch.
dbonvillain is offline  
post #829 of 1518 Old 05-30-2013, 09:23 AM
Owner
 
alexscud's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Italy
Ferrari Life Posts: 135
Would you happen to have a longer clip of the car at idle?

2008 430 Scuderia
2003 360 Modena
alexscud is offline  
post #830 of 1518 Old 05-30-2013, 10:50 AM
Owner
 
alwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Ferrari Life Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by 430Addict View Post
Would you happen to have a longer clip of the car at idle? It sure sounds menacing at take off but otherwise not that huge a difference in tone and pitch to a Capristo complete system.
No way the x-pipe sounds anything like the Capristo and vice versa; perhaps in the volume department but tone & pitch are quite dramatically different. You can't compare donb's vid to Capristo's indoor dyno clips either.

Outdoor clips:
Ferrari 430 Scuderia Capristo Exhaust - YouTube

Ferrari F430 by Capristo - YouTube

(skip to 0:35 for off-the-line acceleration)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkOHhTQZHNw

And even if Capristo came close in the sound dept, it definitely does not weigh in at only 14lbs
alwin is offline  
post #831 of 1518 Old 05-30-2013, 12:03 PM
 
Join Date: May 2013
Ferrari Life Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 430Addict View Post
Would you happen to have a longer clip of the car at idle? It sure sounds menacing at take off but otherwise not that huge a difference in tone and pitch to a Capristo complete system.
We can get more. I really do want to have an official video made for Dave and the guys at S-Line, but so far just the clips we have posted.
I was listening to different systems last night, the Capristo tone sounds a little different to me and a different scale through the rev range. But it seems all of the videos are crippled by poor to mediocre audio that do little justice to what these beasts sound like at full glory in person.
dbonvillain is offline  
post #832 of 1518 Old 05-30-2013, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Russell996's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK. New Forest.
Ferrari Life Posts: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwin View Post

And even if Capristo came close in the sound dept, it definitely does not weigh in at only 14lbs
Don't forget the Capristo is saving weight with lighter cats and headers.

'SCUD' Verb. To move fast as if driven by the wind.
Russell996 is offline  
post #833 of 1518 Old 05-30-2013, 02:21 PM
 
Join Date: May 2013
Ferrari Life Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Don't forget the Capristo is saving weight with lighter cats and headers.
I will probably eventually get Dave to design me some headers as well and run some high flow cats, but that can come later for my current needs.
The ones I have seen him make for other applications (the ur-Quattro) have gotten picked up for distro by 034 Motorsports and the like, and we have done the cats on nearly every other car he has built for me...given my addiction to modifying my cars, it will just be a matter of time :-)
(guessing we will need some custom tuning at that point as well? He works closely with Todd from Evoms, so probably get everyone playing together when I get ready to play that game)
dbonvillain is offline  
post #834 of 1518 Old 05-30-2013, 03:17 PM
Owner
 
alwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Ferrari Life Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Don't forget the Capristo is saving weight with lighter cats and headers.
Weelllll, if we're going to add all that other fluff into the picture, there is no reason why one couldn't fit the x-pipe with Capristo headers & cats or Fabspeed or Novitec or equivalent for that matter.

Still lighter than anything on the market, if you're comparing apples to apples

And if s-line is planning on making the whole shebang, I've already put my name down on the list, complete with EvoMS ecu tune.
alwin is offline  
post #835 of 1518 Old 05-30-2013, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Russell996's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK. New Forest.
Ferrari Life Posts: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwin View Post
Weelllll, if we're going to add all that other fluff into the picture, there is no reason why one couldn't fit the x-pipe with Capristo headers & cats or Fabspeed or Novitec or equivalent for that matter.

Still lighter than anything on the market, if you're comparing apples to apples

And if s-line is planning on making the whole shebang, I've already put my name down on the list, complete with EvoMS ecu tune.
Not adding any fluff. You made the weight reference to the Capristo complete system after watching and hearing the videos. I'm simply pointing out the Capristo has different cats and headers as part of the package, you can't buy just the muffler on it's own. I don't doubt there are many much lighter possibilities, we just weren't listening to them in the vids!

'SCUD' Verb. To move fast as if driven by the wind.
Russell996 is offline  
post #836 of 1518 Old 05-30-2013, 06:00 PM
Owner
 
alwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Ferrari Life Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Not adding any fluff. You made the weight reference to the Capristo complete system after watching and hearing the videos. I'm simply pointing out the Capristo has different cats and headers as part of the package, you can't buy just the muffler on it's own. I don't doubt there are many much lighter possibilities, we just weren't listening to them in the vids!
Gotcha, if you're looking for the individual components of the full Capristo setup you sure can get 'em individually:

Headers:
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=26506953153

Test pipes:
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=76649590702

or Sport Cats:
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=92738255401

Muffler:
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=07950516089

Definitely more cost effective to just get the whole setup altogether.
alwin is offline  
post #837 of 1518 Old 05-30-2013, 09:06 PM
Owner
 
16M Down Under's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwin View Post
No way the x-pipe sounds anything like the Capristo and vice versa; perhaps in the volume department but tone & pitch are quite dramatically different. You can't compare donb's vid to Capristo's indoor dyno clips either.

Outdoor clips:
Ferrari 430 Scuderia Capristo Exhaust - YouTube

Ferrari F430 by Capristo - YouTube

(skip to 0:35 for off-the-line acceleration)
Ferrari 16M capristo exhaust | On road & track - YouTube

And even if Capristo came close in the sound dept, it definitely does not weigh in at only 14lbs
Comic relief - Watch the kid at the end of the first clip in the above quote. What's the bet that In another 20 years he'll be wanting to mod his exhaust also?

Ferrari - Corsa/Nero 16M Past - 09 F430, 09 Cali
16M Down Under is offline  
post #838 of 1518 Old 05-30-2013, 09:18 PM
Owner
 
alwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Ferrari Life Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16M Down Under View Post
Comic relief - Watch the kid at the end of the first clip in the above quote. What's the bet that In another 20 years he'll be wanting to mod his exhaust also?
Lol! I just noticed, that's priceless.
alwin is offline  
post #839 of 1518 Old 05-30-2013, 09:49 PM
Owner
 
430Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16M Down Under View Post
Comic relief - Watch the kid at the end of the first clip in the above quote. What's the bet that In another 20 years he'll be wanting to mod his exhaust also?
Thats a given.
430Addict is offline  
post #840 of 1518 Old 05-30-2013, 09:52 PM
Owner
 
430Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwin View Post
And even if Capristo came close in the sound dept, it definitely does not weigh in at only 14lbs
Ok, that I have to agree. Though lighter than stock, the Capristo Scuderia muffler is still a tad bit on the heavy side.
430Addict is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale