360 360 Exhaust options - Page 6 - Ferrari Life
View Poll Results: Which exhaust for a 360 Modena?
Tubi 20 24.69%
Capristo 21 25.93%
Larini 4 4.94%
Novitec 0 0%
X-OST 2 2.47%
Standard Ferrari 8 9.88%
Other 26 32.10%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 129 Old 12-16-2012, 03:51 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 176
I recent had the Ferrari Racing style exhaust installed on my 2004 360 and couldn't be happier. My though were in line with your. I didn't want a LOUD exhaust, just something a bit more oomph and that's exactly what I got. The best description I can give is it's a bit throatier at idle and very similar to stock at cruise, but has that beautiful sound I was looking for when those valves open up! And y es, it came with updated ECUs and a small heat shield for the back lid as this exhaust generates more heat. Don't be fooled by the "Racing" moniker. This is not a window rattler and doesn't bother the driver on long excursions, at least not this driver. Perfect upgrade for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 129 Old 12-16-2012, 11:34 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferraricyprus View Post
Tubi exhausts are available in 3 levels. You don't have to buy the loudest version. The 430 exhaust has problems with leaking, cracking brackets and sounds nothing like a CS exhaust when fitted to a 360, despite what anybody had said here. I have completed this conversion for 5 clients to date, 3 of which have subsequently returned to have it removed. It is a poorly designed exhaust and it neither fits correctly or functions correctly on a 360. Don't cheap out. But a decent sports exhaust, fit it and enjoy. Why waste money to suffer inherent issues with a known problematic, heavy, exhaust, bodged onto the wrong model? Makes no sense...
There are lots of owners who are happy with theit 430 exhaust fitted in their 360. and it does sounds nice, quite similar to CS, although not the same.
post #103 of 129 Old 12-22-2012, 05:24 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegr View Post
There are lots of owners who are happy with theit 430 exhaust fitted in their 360. and it does sounds nice, quite similar to CS, although not the same.
I recently finished having a 430 exhaust fitted to my 360 and very pleased. Combined it with a switch to disable the valves, ie, leave them open all the time or allow the ECU to control them. I was able to compare side by side with a 360 that had Tubi exhaust and was very similar with valves closed and a bit louder with valves open.

Overall, lower cost than most aftermarket exhaust systems, very nice sound, nice to have option to manually control the valves. On the down side, it does take some work to retrofit the 430 exhaust tips and you have to purchase new exhaust mounts or fabricate a pair of brackets to reuse the 360 mounting bar.

Steve

post #104 of 129 Old 12-27-2012, 09:01 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 86
Anyone recognize this exhaust? it comes with the car that I recently acquire. Very loud but sound amazing. It comes with equal length manifold and high flow cats.
Attached Images

post #105 of 129 Old 12-30-2012, 05:45 AM
Owner

A little update on the exhaust. It was made by Target Design Japan, no longer in production. Previous owner has gone through 3 different 360s and kept it until now. Serious F1 sound though.
post #106 of 129 Old 12-31-2012, 12:38 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by winsome View Post
A little update on the exhaust. It was made by Target Design Japan, no longer in production. Previous owner has gone through 3 different 360s and kept it until now. Serious F1 sound though.
Any overheating issues? How about performance?
post #107 of 129 Old 12-31-2012, 01:10 AM
Owner

Your concern of overheating because of the lack of heat shield? Consider the previous owner hold on to the exhaust for all three 360s I think it should be ok. And considered mine is a spider only a little drone so quite all right too. car is running silky smooth with very good power delivery but cant tell you actual hp gain without dyno. since the system contain header+cat+exhaust possible 20hp may be?
post #108 of 129 Old 01-23-2013, 09:54 PM
Owner

This is a Capristo - like, exhaust from Cargraphic. Looks like a cheap copy. Or no?

Sport Rear Silencer Ferrari 360 | eBay
post #109 of 129 Old 01-24-2013, 05:37 AM
Owner

Actually the exhaust is a now discontinued Targa Design Japan. In fact i been asking around regarding this brand and realized this is considered in Asia the Very Best exhaust for 360 years back. The entire system cost over 10000usd when it was new and if you inspect it closely the quality is extremely well made. The gold color plating has come off but the welding etc hold on pretty well. I came across few of those who have gone through quite a number of 360 all recognise and rate very highly about the system. The echo when going through tunnel is absolutely out of this world.
post #110 of 129 Old 08-05-2013, 05:12 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulferrari View Post
I recent had the Ferrari Racing style exhaust installed on my 2004 360 and couldn't be happier. My though were in line with your. I didn't want a LOUD exhaust, just something a bit more oomph and that's exactly what I got. The best description I can give is it's a bit throatier at idle and very similar to stock at cruise, but has that beautiful sound I was looking for when those valves open up! And y es, it came with updated ECUs and a small heat shield for the back lid as this exhaust generates more heat. Don't be fooled by the "Racing" moniker. This is not a window rattler and doesn't bother the driver on long excursions, at least not this driver. Perfect upgrade for me.
I just signed up to get the sport exhaust installed on my 2004 360. Two questions if you do not mind:

- is your car an F1 or manual? Mine is manual and they claim it will work, but I am a little doubtful

- what did you pay? I was not looking for an upgrade, but the dealer is clearing them out at $3k installed. I could not pass that up. Apparently I got the last one (assuming It is installed).

Thanks, Louis.
post #111 of 129 Old 08-06-2013, 04:16 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by louman3 View Post
I just signed up to get the sport exhaust installed on my 2004 360. Two questions if you do not mind:

- is your car an F1 or manual? Mine is manual and they claim it will work, but I am a little doubtful

- what did you pay? I was not looking for an upgrade, but the dealer is clearing them out at $3k installed. I could not pass that up. Apparently I got the last one (assuming It is installed).

Thanks, Louis.

Louis,

My 360 is an F1. The exhaust itself is fine on either F1 or manual. The ECU update that comes with it is defintely specific to the transmission type for obvious reasons. Here are the part numbers listed on the Ferrari site for the 360 Racing style Exhaust Motronic ECU's.

MY 2004 206424 for Manual gearbox (M6) - 206425 for F1 gearbox (A6/S6)

As for price, I believe you're getting a good deal. At the time, after taxes and transportation it was about 4k.

Assuming they have the right ECU for a manual trans (and if they're a dealer there is no reason they shouldn't have the right ECU) then you should be fine.

I'm headed out now to take my son to summer camp in the 360
post #112 of 129 Old 08-06-2013, 07:55 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 39
Thanks for the feedback. Enjoy the trip to summer camp.
post #113 of 129 Old 12-21-2014, 12:25 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 22
I'm also considering a CS exhaust on my Ferrari 360. Are they road legal though as I don't want to fall out with the law. We also have Controle Technique here ion France every 2 years and am worried it will fail noise tests.
Any views would be appreciated.
post #114 of 129 Old 12-21-2014, 03:15 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 211
I have both.

Tubi on my yellow 360, see here:

TUBI EXHAUST for FERRARI 360 MODENA / 360 SPIDER @ (www.Jimmy540i.com)

Capristo (Level 3) on my red 360, see here:

CAPRISTO EXHAUST for FERRARI 360 MODENA / 360 SPIDER @ (www.Jimmy540i.com)

I like the sound of the Capristo, it's louder than Tubi (especially during idle). Capristo makes the car pulls harder at 7000+ RPM compare to Tubi and has a slight bigger exhaust tips than Tubi.

However, Capristo has a lag and then a sudden jump @ 2500~3100RPM, I don't know why its doing that and I don't like it.

The sound of Capristo is significantly louder and sharper than Tubi at any speed, and especially when you first start the engine.

Tubi sounds much deeper than Capristo at any RPM (especially above 3750), which, for some might say this is what a real Ferrari should sound like.

Capristo runs hotter than Tubi.

In conclusion, I like them both. They each have pros & cons. If I have to choose I would vote for Tubi.
post #115 of 129 Old 12-22-2014, 04:09 AM
Owner

You might consider the Forza exhaust controller if you wish to use a valved system like the CS exhaust. I have the CS exhaust and it is nice and loud, but is legal in EU. Where you might run into trouble is when the valves open. With the Foza controller, you can use a manual switch to force the valves to remain always closed at times when you want to make sure to it as quiet as possible. Once the inspection is performed, disable the switch and the car is back to normal operation, or you can press the button and force the valves always open.

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperkarting View Post
I'm also considering a CS exhaust on my Ferrari 360. Are they road legal though as I don't want to fall out with the law. We also have Controle Technique here ion France every 2 years and am worried it will fail noise tests.
Any views would be appreciated.
post #116 of 129 Old 12-22-2014, 01:29 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 18
OEM sport exhaust

Only read a portion of this and did not see any reference or recommendation of the 360 OEM sport exhaust. I urge you to consider this system. Had my standard OEM unit replaced with the sport racing system and it is just what I was looking for. Just a little louder than stock unit. Add it to your list of possibilities!! Good hunting...
post #117 of 129 Old 12-22-2014, 04:15 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,075
Is the ecu update necessary? I'm trying to convince a mate of mine to switch to the factory racing exhaust as well.
post #118 of 129 Old 12-22-2014, 07:52 PM
Owner

I bought my Ferrari racing exhaust here in US and included 2 new ECUs. I installed them and got CEL ... turns out they sent the Euro spec CS ECUs and there were not matched to my car. Ferrari North American re-flashed the ECUs to my VIN number and sent them back.

But, for the period of time the new ECUs were in the car, the exhaust valves did not open until above 5000 RPM ... close to 6000. The old ECUs open the bypass valves at 4000 RPM. Other than the remapping of when the exhaust valves open, there was no discernible difference. Many people here in US just kept the old the ECUs and listed the new ones on eBay. Even some of the dealers were selling the exhaust kits without the ECUs and they were reselling the ECUs separately. IMO, don't worry about the ECUs. Your car with the new exhaust will be just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 430Addict View Post
Is the ecu update necessary? I'm trying to convince a mate of mine to switch to the factory racing exhaust as well.
post #119 of 129 Old 12-29-2014, 11:47 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 22
Racecomp, can you give me a contact for this exhaust as I'm interested. In my opinion not as pretty as the Agency ones but cheaper.
I'm tempted by a used CS box but will need to source end pipes. These could be difficult to find I guess??
post #120 of 129 Old 01-02-2015, 03:54 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 76
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperkarting View Post
Racecomp, can you give me a contact for this exhaust as I'm interested. In my opinion not as pretty as the Agency ones but cheaper.
I'm tempted by a used CS box but will need to source end pipes. These could be difficult to find I guess??
PM sent

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode