360 360 Exhaust options - Page 5 - Ferrari Life
View Poll Results: Which exhaust for a 360 Modena?
Tubi 20 24.69%
Capristo 21 25.93%
Larini 4 4.94%
Novitec 0 0%
X-OST 2 2.47%
Standard Ferrari 8 9.88%
Other 26 32.10%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 129 Old 10-25-2012, 11:07 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 44
Check this for modified F430 exhaust to fit 360
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 129 Old 10-26-2012, 05:38 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 419
I have been having some discussion with my local indy shop about exhaust options for my 360 and they offered me the following advice from their experience.

1. Install 430 exhaust in 360. Least expensive option for 360 ... install a stock 430 exhaust system. Sounds excellent, with better sound than on 430 and is an easy install with minimum mods to fit in the 360. Their opinion is that sound almost same as Tubi. Retains the same valve setup as stock 360 / 430. Muffler sit low in the engine bay and not intrusive.

2. Tubi makes good quality system but very expensive. Good sound though. Good fit in engine bay. ... Tubi for 360 image ...

3. x-ost Exhaust Systems. This company was started in Italy by former Tubi people. My tech claims they make high quality system and are less costly than Tubi. x-ost for 360 image.

4. Capistro quality not as good as Tubi. Their judgement is Capistro is very loud. Also, their experience is that Capistro sits higher and develops very high temps. They have seen that portion of engine bay get so hot that it melts the third brake light (center mount) in the engine bay cover. They advised me to avoid Capistro. Now, I live in Arizona and the ambient temps are much higher than say Europe ... so this may be a factor. ... Capistro image.

5. Fabspeed ... the boy racer version for exhaust systems. Their words, not mine. They have only worked on cars with Fabspeed a couple of time and they had the full set up with headers, etc. They tell me the fit seems good, but no opinion on the overall quality or longevity.

Attached Images

Last edited by bisel; 10-26-2012 at 05:44 AM.
post #83 of 129 Old 10-26-2012, 02:03 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 53
Here is what one FL member sent me on the subject of using 430 pipes on 360, Thanks Eric!

yes I did it... and I am very happy with this upgrade. The installation of the 430 exhaust is direct bolt-on. Fixation on the gearbox, interface with the cats are excatly the same.
But ... the 430 tail pipes are lower and more external than the 360 ones. In addition their diameter is much bigger (85mm vs 70mm). The result is that they barely fit in the opening of the bumper, with small margins. Some have cut the pipes to put back the tail pipes at the same position than on the 360. I personnaly chose to remove the 85mm tail pipes and put 70mm ones, offset toward the top to recover som margin with the bottom of the opening. Then I made new grills to match the position of the tail pipes.

post #84 of 129 Old 10-27-2012, 09:39 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 108
no questions asked, go with capristo twin sound. you won't regret it. and it works like a perpetual honk on expressways as even trucks will move aside as they hear you coming thru.
post #85 of 129 Old 10-28-2012, 11:57 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 200
From my research so far the only exhaust without negative feedbacks is the Timate. It has all in one: Price, quality, weight save and slight performance increase. The only relative disadvantage is that it is considered a bit loud to a few owners

430 exhaust is a good option but you may suffer from white powder spread plus weight reduction is not great

Last edited by mikegr; 10-29-2012 at 12:09 AM.
post #86 of 129 Old 11-05-2012, 06:44 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortonl View Post
Here is what one FL member sent me on the subject of using 430 pipes on 360, Thanks Eric!

yes I did it... and I am very happy with this upgrade. The installation of the 430 exhaust is direct bolt-on. Fixation on the gearbox, interface with the cats are excatly the same.
But ... the 430 tail pipes are lower and more external than the 360 ones. In addition their diameter is much bigger (85mm vs 70mm). The result is that they barely fit in the opening of the bumper, with small margins. Some have cut the pipes to put back the tail pipes at the same position than on the 360. I personnaly chose to remove the 85mm tail pipes and put 70mm ones, offset toward the top to recover som margin with the bottom of the opening. Then I made new grills to match the position of the tail pipes.
This is not correct. You have to fit the mounting brackets from the 430 and remove the 360 exhaust mounting bar. Also the tailpipes look awefull in terms of fit on the 360 bumper. It also sounds nothing like a Tubi at all. What must also be remembered is the fact that you will be inheriting all the expansion-related cracking issues that the 430 brackets suffer with. I did this modification for a customer on his request and ended up ditching after a few weeks due to the issues mentioned above.
post #87 of 129 Old 11-05-2012, 09:08 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferraricyprus View Post
This is not correct. You have to fit the mounting brackets from the 430 and remove the 360 exhaust mounting bar. Also the tailpipes look awefull in terms of fit on the 360 bumper. It also sounds nothing like a Tubi at all. What must also be remembered is the fact that you will be inheriting all the expansion-related cracking issues that the 430 brackets suffer with. I did this modification for a customer on his request and ended up ditching after a few weeks due to the issues mentioned above.
Ive heard the sound both with the noise suppression on and off....and depending what Tubi you are running, I would say it most certainly sounds agressive and could be compared to that exhaust. The link supplied within this post has a support of this fact.
post #88 of 129 Old 11-12-2012, 08:21 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferraricyprus View Post
I have just completed the install with the help of a local shop. I really enjoy the "growl" it makes. I will have to defer comment on the Tubi comparison until I hear them side by side in person. I was not aware of problems with 430 brackets, but the shop that did my install prefers this combo and has not mentioned any problems, so I am assuming he has not experienced this, but I will double check. As for the look, I like the look of the larger tips, even though the grills are gone. For $1,700 installed, it seems like a great option at this point, but I guess time will tell.
post #89 of 129 Old 11-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 44
There are many factory racing exhaust on eBay for sale now. Not sure how does it perform? Also with factory ECU that supports racing exhaust, how much hp gain there? Anyone has an idea?
post #90 of 129 Old 11-13-2012, 12:40 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 120
Exhaust

Barry

ive had 2 types on my old 360. firstly a system by remus, you can ajust a valve just before the box and this limits the amount of db,s. i think it cost around 750.00. then, there is nouvalari, the sports box is its tame until 5.5000rpm.
then as peter say,s the remote valve option.
post #91 of 129 Old 11-15-2012, 11:36 PM
Owner

what about Nouvalari? Does give you F1 sound?Any performance gain/loss?
post #92 of 129 Old 11-17-2012, 07:35 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 120
Exhaust

The nouvalari super sports is the best sound i have heard however its very boomy in the cabin, at 30 - 40 mph. after that it would make your ears bleed and i found the car seemed a bit quicker
post #93 of 129 Old 11-18-2012, 02:59 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegr View Post
From my research so far the only exhaust without negative feedbacks is the Timate. It has all in one: Price, quality, weight save and slight performance increase. The only relative disadvantage is that it is considered a bit loud to a few owners

430 exhaust is a good option but you may suffer from white powder spread plus weight reduction is not great
Well actually this is not correct. As a timate fan/user I ve to admit that there are some problems. First of all the material (titanium) is very thin material, so after 2-3 years of usage (6-7k km done) ther ocured minor small cracks in the welded parts. However it is not so hard to re-weld it.
Secondly if you use it with de-cat test pipes it becomes too loud in addition to WRC style explosion sounds in every gear change -even at 2-3k rpms- which is totally wild (imho it doesnt suit a ferrari maybe it i good for impreza or an EVO) so I had to install fia approved 100 cell cats to tame it a bit!!!
.But third and biggest problem is you cannot apply valve (oem.capristo etc) as you can not weld titanium to steel and your neigbours hates you.
But it has an unbeatable weight+heat advantage in addition to nice looking through back challange grill at nites.
As a verdict yes it has a very good sound,performs perfect,easy to install and cheap but in my opinion still the orginial CS/Racing Exhaust system with ecu upgrade from Ferrari dealers is the best option.
post #94 of 129 Old 11-18-2012, 10:22 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakankuy View Post
Well actually this is not correct. As a timate fan/user I ve to admit that there are some problems. First of all the material (titanium) is very thin material, so after 2-3 years of usage (6-7k km done) ther ocured minor small cracks in the welded parts. However it is not so hard to re-weld it.
Secondly if you use it with de-cat test pipes it becomes too loud in addition to WRC style explosion sounds in every gear change -even at 2-3k rpms- which is totally wild (imho it doesnt suit a ferrari maybe it i good for impreza or an EVO) so I had to install fia approved 100 cell cats to tame it a bit!!!
.But third and biggest problem is you cannot apply valve (oem.capristo etc) as you can not weld titanium to steel and your neigbours hates you.
But it has an unbeatable weight+heat advantage in addition to nice looking through back challange grill at nites.
As a verdict yes it has a very good sound,performs perfect,easy to install and cheap but in my opinion still the orginial CS/Racing Exhaust system with ecu upgrade from Ferrari dealers is the best option.
I agree that the original sport exhaust along with ECU reflash is the best.
Basically that is what i like on Timate: Its loud enough itself, no need for extra improvements. For the Nouvalari im not sure but i think it should be combined with 200 cell cats so you can get a nice high pitch scream on high rpm(plus it will give you some hp gains).
post #95 of 129 Old 12-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Might have an option to install a new OEM Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale exhaust on my 360.

Anybody done this before? What kind of sound could I expect? Better than a Capristo / Tubi / others? I do like the idea of it being Ferrari OEM but that's not the be all and end all.
Hi Barry, I had my techs modify a used F430 exhaust system which is pretty much same as 360 CS and I also installed a pair of relays to manually control the bypass valves. I have posted details on forum.

Steve
post #96 of 129 Old 12-10-2012, 11:32 PM
Owner

Personally i ordered an NGT from UK owner, since i lost a Timate muffler on Ebay at a bid. I cant wait to see how loud it is
post #97 of 129 Old 12-15-2012, 05:31 AM
Owner

New Genuine Ferrari 360 Modena Complete Racing Exhaust Kit for F1 Vehicles | eBay

Thats the one im talking about. 4k$ including ECU mod. If i was in US thats the first thing i would have for my 360
post #98 of 129 Old 12-15-2012, 10:36 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 199
how much louder is this OEM exhaust ? it says Racing and that implies much louder to me.

I use my 360 daily, the stock exhaust is perfect for me. What is more important to me is no drone on the freeway. I would not mind a little bit louder but certainly don't want ear plug loud like a Tubi is. I was going to go with the quietest Capristo but prefer to stay OEM. My exhaust has a bunch of rattles and sounds terrible now, it sounds like baffles inside have broken loose, its kind of embarrassing when idling to have others listen to the rattle trap.

I have read that this exhaust has a better sound and its slightly louder. But can't find side-by-side comparison of the loudness.
post #99 of 129 Old 12-15-2012, 10:46 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 121
Tubi exhausts are available in 3 levels. You don't have to buy the loudest version. The 430 exhaust has problems with leaking, cracking brackets and sounds nothing like a CS exhaust when fitted to a 360, despite what anybody had said here. I have completed this conversion for 5 clients to date, 3 of which have subsequently returned to have it removed. It is a poorly designed exhaust and it neither fits correctly or functions correctly on a 360. Don't cheap out. But a decent sports exhaust, fit it and enjoy. Why waste money to suffer inherent issues with a known problematic, heavy, exhaust, bodged onto the wrong model? Makes no sense...
post #100 of 129 Old 12-15-2012, 11:35 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 199
The above is a factory 360 exhaust not a 430

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode