360 360 Exhaust options - Page 2 - Ferrari Life
View Poll Results: Which exhaust for a 360 Modena?
Tubi 20 24.69%
Capristo 21 25.93%
Larini 4 4.94%
Novitec 0 0%
X-OST 2 2.47%
Standard Ferrari 8 9.88%
Other 26 32.10%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 129 Old 04-12-2012, 05:44 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 108
Capristo Sound 3/3

As I was ordering a Twin Sound system, Capristo Germany advised me to try their new system by the name of Sound 3/3. Just wondering if any one has any experience with this and how well it works.

Cap explained to me that it is a valve system and in addition, they we build valves in two of the pipes of the exhaust so you can open and close the valves manually via the remote. It sounds like there are 3 levels of sound to choose from. They also mentioned that this special exhaust produces the best F1 music and even sharper than the Twin Sound version.

Appreciate any reviews from experience or observation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 129 Old 04-12-2012, 07:55 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrancingHorse70 View Post
As I was ordering a Twin Sound system, Capristo Germany advised me to try their new system by the name of Sound 3/3. Just wondering if any one has any experience with this and how well it works.

Cap explained to me that it is a valve system and in addition, they we build valves in two of the pipes of the exhaust so you can open and close the valves manually via the remote. It sounds like there are 3 levels of sound to choose from. They also mentioned that this special exhaust produces the best F1 music and even sharper than the Twin Sound version.

Personally their twin sound design makes the most sense to me of all the systems. That's just my opinion though, it may not make the best sound but I would bet the performance is good.

I was looking for the 355 though.
post #23 of 129 Old 04-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrancingHorse70 View Post

If I understood well, the sound 3 seems to be the existing Capristo Step 3 Racing exhaust but they added now exhaust valves (they were without exhaust valves before). It's a very loud exhaust that has indeed a F1 sound. You can find a many videos on YouTube of the Sound 3 exhaust if you would like to hear how it sounds

Although, if this is really a total new exhaust, I would be interested to see some pictures if you can obtain them

post #24 of 129 Old 04-12-2012, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefVan View Post
If I understood well, the sound 3 seems to be the existing Capristo Step 3 Racing exhaust but they added now exhaust valves (they were without exhaust valves before). It's a very loud exhaust that has indeed a F1 sound. You can find a many videos on YouTube of the Sound 3 exhaust if you would like to hear how it sounds

Although, if this is really a total new exhaust, I would be interested to see some pictures if you can obtain them
Stef,
I believe you are correct. And I think the exhaust is actually called a 1/3 system. Level 1 with the valves closed (apparently 10dB louder than stock) and level 3 with them open (F1 style )

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #25 of 129 Old 04-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Owner

thks Stef., after much deliberation, i think i will stick to the tried and tested. And since the Twin Sound has got good reviews, I'll stick to that. I did however add the remote kit to my order given your experiences.

BTW, where do you normally mount the remote control? Do you tape it to the dash board so it is there all the time? I heard some users combine the keys/lock with the capy remote in one fob.

Any views on this?
post #26 of 129 Old 04-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Owner

The control unit itself must be installed in the engine bay. I installed mine on the RHS right behind the tail lights and behind the F1/E-Diff hydraulic pump motor.

Here are a couple of pictures of mine installation on a F430. For the 360 it would be quite identical except that the solenoid valves are not exactly at the same location.
Attached Images

post #27 of 129 Old 04-13-2012, 06:47 AM
Owner

Wow, thanks for the pix and details. What about the fob? Where do you find convenient to use it?
post #28 of 129 Old 04-13-2012, 11:06 AM
Owner

You're welcome . You can use the fob's anywhere around the car and of course inside the passenger compartment. The Capristo unit has no issues to receive the fog signals even from a good 30 feet distance. I leave the fob in the center console where it is easy to reach.
post #29 of 129 Old 04-13-2012, 05:51 PM
Owner

Need to clarify. On further drilling, I learnt that Sound 3/3 means that the sound is always at level 3 irrespective of valves open or closed. Capy would however modify it with an additional valve at two of the exhaust pipes so that the remote can reduce the sound level by a tad bit. The benefit of 3/3 is that they claim it to be the purest F1 sound. My conclusion is that Twin Sound is more appropriate if you want to bring it down to level 1 when driving through gated communities and small townships.
post #30 of 129 Old 04-15-2012, 02:04 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefVan View Post
You're welcome . You can use the fob's anywhere around the car and of course inside the passenger compartment. The Capristo unit has no issues to receive the fog signals even from a good 30 feet distance. I leave the fob in the center console where it is easy to reach.
Wouldn't be hard for Stefan to wire the fob to a spare button on the console. For me I'd wire the race mode to my
Mannetino to valves fully open. Lol.
post #31 of 129 Old 04-15-2012, 07:44 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 430Addict View Post
Wouldn't be hard for Stefan to wire the fob to a spare button on the console. For me I'd wire the race mode to my
Mannetino to valves fully open. Lol.
Not a bad idea at all buddy lol As I know now exactly how the manettino interacts with the other ECU's, this would be doable In the same way I'm working on a solution to have a way to choose the dampers stifness whatever the manettino position is (like the scud suspension switch but better). My PIC/AVR micro controllers are getting impatient to be flashed with my code .
post #32 of 129 Old 04-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,848
Barry- Does your custom system have removable tailpipes? If so have you considered a set of tailpipes with small mufflers inside just to get you through the noise check? Much cheaper than a new exhaust. Pass the test and put on the original tailpipes.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.

Last edited by tazandjan; 04-15-2012 at 01:23 PM.
post #33 of 129 Old 04-15-2012, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Barry- Does your custom system have removable tailpipes? If so have you considered a set of tailpipes with small mufflers inside just to get you through the noise check? Much cheaper than a new exhaust. Pass the test and put on the original tailpipes.
Terry
It's worth considering, though I'm a little attracted by the idea of being able to leave and return from my home in relative quiet, and drive down the main street without setting off car alarms . I must be getting old....

The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #34 of 129 Old 04-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 9
Brissie 360

Hi Barry

I have a Mille Miglia, Australian made exhaust and it's quiet (sort of) and calm at idle, not too raucous at 3000 - 4000, but has that snappy and urgent growl above 4500. Very good quality and good value.

Mille Miglia & HiTech

John
post #35 of 129 Old 04-16-2012, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by myersjp View Post
Hi Barry

I have a Mille Miglia, Australian made exhaust and it's quiet (sort of) and calm at idle, not too raucous at 3000 - 4000, but has that snappy and urgent growl above 4500. Very good quality and good value.

Mille Miglia & HiTech

John
Thank you John, and welcome to Ferrari Life.

Never heard of that make before, will look it up.

post #36 of 129 Old 04-16-2012, 05:54 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 117
Nouvalari??

I am in discussion with Glenn at Nouvalari USA looking at the Super Sport and the Sport system. I plan to keep the cats etc. stock just the exhaust change.

I cannot decide between the two systems. I want the loud of the Super Stock but fear it may be too much.....anyone have Nouvalari that can chime in?

Present: 1999 360 Modena 116113
Past: 1986 GTS 64263
post #37 of 129 Old 04-16-2012, 07:27 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Terry
It's worth considering, though I'm a little attracted by the idea of being able to leave and return from my home in relative quiet, and drive down the main street without setting off car alarms . I must be getting old....
I am planning on using a relatively quiet muffler with electrically powered exhaust cut outs. Gives you the best of both worlds, a full race exhaust sound and a tame sound for the neighborhood.

Seems like the easiest solution. The manual system isn't as advanced as some of the others, but it suits my needs.
post #38 of 129 Old 04-16-2012, 07:05 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Thank you John, and welcome to Ferrari Life.

Never heard of that make before, will look it up.

Thanks very much Barry - my 1st Ferrari. vvvvvvv happy
post #39 of 129 Old 04-17-2012, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by myersjp View Post
Thanks very much Barry - my 1st Ferrari. vvvvvvv happy
John
Feel free to tell us a bit about your new Ferrari and how it came about here; Member Introductions - Ferrari Life

post #40 of 129 Old 04-20-2012, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Might have an option to install a new OEM Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale exhaust on my 360.

Anybody done this before? What kind of sound could I expect? Better than a Capristo / Tubi / others? I do like the idea of it being Ferrari OEM but that's not the be all and end all.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode