F430 LED Tail Lights Comparison and Review - Page 44 - Ferrari Life
 68Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #861 of 925 Old 02-08-2018, 06:10 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefVan View Post
We never stopped improving the LED rear lights solutions for the F430, 360, 355, 550, 575M.

Progressively since last year, some major changes made this solution now even considerably better:

- We designed a complete new red LED light where a specific red spectrum is used to make it much more eye catching. A huge safety improvement which may shorten the reaction time of drivers behind. Powered by our smart current drivers, they provide a very stable light and an instant response less than 2 msecs.

- We designed a new turn signal and reverse/backup light. They are much brighter and the color of the turn signal light is well more of amber color than before.

- The lens cap is a big improvement as it allows the light to fill up the entire light cluster without any typical LED hot spots.

- Specific anti-vibration rubber parts are used to isolate the LED lamps from the bulb holder.

- All LED lamps are directly integrated on a PCB electronic board and eliminates the risk of contact corrosion.

https://www.scuding.com/Shop/en/6-il...ight-solutions

PS: digital cameras can't capture the real brightness and colors of our LED lights. In real life, colors are very deep colors and very bright even with direct sun light on them.

Wow, truly amazing.

Great job Stef!!!

Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
StefVan likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #862 of 925 Old 03-02-2018, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,291
In addition to the previous post http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/mo...tml#post726794 here's the updated version of the ILUAL36 LED rear light package for the 360, F355, 550 and 575M.

Many upgraded already their "stone age" bulb holders with these modern and much safer LED rear lights.

Attached Images

post #863 of 925 Old 03-08-2018, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Some more pictures of the LED bulb holder for the Ferrari 360, F355, 550, 575M, 456GT/M, F50 and F512M:
Attached Images

post #864 of 925 Old 03-08-2018, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Many upgraded also their turn signal lights (indicators) flasher relay with our new pure electronic and CPU based ECU. Not only it will never fail as the stock flasher relay does, it offers also several comfort features making our cars well more modern and pleasant to drive.

Directly Plug & Play on Ferrari F430 - Scuderia - 16M.
Plug & Play with the 7 pin adapter cable on Ferrari 360, 575M, F355, 550, 456GT/M, F50, F512M as well as Maserati Coupe/Spider/GS.

Example of a happy USA client:
"I just installed your "Smart Turn Signal Flasher" in my Ferrari 575M.
It's an excellent product and works exactly as described - a vast improvement over the stock flasher.

Thank you!"

https://www.scuding.com/Shop/en/ecu-...t-tls-ecu.html
Attached Images

post #865 of 925 Old 03-09-2018, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefVan View Post
Some more pictures of the LED bulb holder for the Ferrari 360, F355, 550, 575M, 456GT/M, F50 and F512M:
I have this installed in my previous 360 Spider and it is a vast improvement over stock tail light bulbs and tail light assembly.

Thanks again for making great products for our cars Stef.

Dan
StefVan likes this.
post #866 of 925 Old 03-21-2018, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Owner

https://www.scuding.com/Shop/en/ilua...ht-drl-v3.html

These F430 DRL Lights - Ultimate were recently installed by a USA customer and he wondered why the entire light tunnel isn't illuminated. I wanted to share our explanation in case others ask the same question. This is how the F430 headlight was designed. The opening where the stock parking light is located, is situated below the top of this "light tunnel". The parking light illumination will go partly downwards and can't go upwards. When the parking light is replaced with our DRL light, the same happens. From the opening, where the DRL light is introduced, up to the lower end will be illuminated. There is no access above this opening towards to top of the headlight.

Hope this helps
Attached Images

whatheheck likes this.
post #867 of 925 Old 04-03-2018, 09:40 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
Hi Stef!

Such a great write up and yes i did it as well, not whole 4 lights illuminated just the both outer brake lights. What happen was (as most will know upon changing to led bulbs), the F1 gearbox error will lid up on dash and beep every single time after applying the brakes when lights are turned on (when turned off no error occur).

Came to your thread and realize that its due to lower wattage was used for the led upon braking hence confusing the car that the lights are out. What i did was as u suggested, put a blotch of solder between and both led bulbs light up upon braking which in terms uses more watt hence no more errors.

Hope this helps,
Zack
StefVan likes this.
post #868 of 925 Old 04-04-2018, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Hi Zack,
Welcome to FerrariLife!

Glad that these posts helped you. The way you fixed the F1 stop light failure detection may avoid the F1 alert but there is still a good chance that brake switch error will be stored. Not an issue on itself but just be aware of this if your workshop notifies it.

Enjoy
post #869 of 925 Old 04-07-2018, 03:22 PM

Thanks mate!

You are right, its just a temp fix, hoping to get your full scuding lighting solution soon!

Love your work and products! I think i'll say this for all the owners out there, your diy and products are simply excellent!
StefVan likes this.
post #870 of 925 Old 04-25-2018, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Owner

https://www.scuding.com/Shop/en/cont...ller-interface

The rear light controller interface will allow that all 4 stop and parking LED rear lights are illuminated, instead of only 2 halves for EURO spec cars or 2 entire light clusters for USA spec cars.

This Plug & Play electronic interface exists in two specific versions: EURO and USA. On EURO spec cars, this interface will also allow the inner lights to be used as fog lights in addition to stop lights. It will also avoid to have a F1 Alarm in case of stop light bulb failure which would leave the car stuck in neutral.

The rear light controller interfaces are part of the "Full Lights Version - V1" of the ILUAL43 or ILUAL36 LED Rear Lights Packages

As for all wiring in our solutions, we use only Swiss Made high temperature resistant and high conductivity copper wires (RADOX).
Attached Images

post #871 of 925 Old 07-12-2018, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Owner

A couple of pictures we loved very much from 2 Ferrari Italia owners in Singapore. They upgraded both 458 with our Engine Bay LED Lighting System.
Attached Images

post #872 of 925 Old 07-19-2018, 04:06 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Smart Turn Signal Flasher ECU

https://www.scuding.com/Shop/en/ecu-...t-tls-ecu.html

Many Ferrari and Maserati owners already got rid off their old fashion and unreliable flasher relays and replaced them with the Smart Turn Signal Flasher ECU. Not only this CPU based solution is 100% electronic without any mechanically switched contacts (relays...), it offers also several comfort features as found on most modern cars, like the "soft touch automatic flashes which can be cancelled at any time". On cars like the Ferrari 360, 355, 550, 575, F50, the old flasher relay isn't manufactured anymore while this relay is well known to fail sooner or later!

Several specialized workshops asked us to make also a Universal Version of this ECU to allow them to easily integrate it on classic cars and provide a much more reliable solution than the old flasher relays while offering modern comfort features. The Smart TSL ECU is fully compatible with the old incandescent light bulbs up to 11A for each side (22A in total).
Attached Images

whatheheck likes this.
post #873 of 925 Old 07-19-2018, 09:01 PM

Outstanding!

Stef, I think you should consider offering your great products at Amazon and EBay.

All the best to you always.

Dan
post #874 of 925 Old 07-20-2018, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Many thanks Dan!

Not sure if Amazon/EBay business model is compliant with ours but thanks for the advice.

My best wishes to you too!
Stef

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatheheck View Post
Outstanding!

Stef, I think you should consider offering your great products at Amazon and EBay.

All the best to you always.

Dan
post #875 of 925 Old 07-27-2018, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Many Ferraris worldwide have been or are being upgraded with our LED rear light package solutions but we love particularly this picture taken by a Malaysian F355 owner who wrote "Excellent product - Awesome!"

Our LED rear lights complete set not only updates the look of the Ferrari, it also considerably improves safety and reliability.
Attached Images

post #876 of 925 Old 08-18-2018, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Some more pictures of a USA 360 upgraded with our Full Red Engine Bay Lighting System and USA spec LED rear lights package.
Attached Images

whatheheck likes this.
post #877 of 925 Old 08-28-2018, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Look how the beast is waiting in the dark! These new rear lights do really transform the F430 up to the point that a camera can't capture it.

This Ferrari F430 Spider was entirely upgraded at our premises with ALL our solutions, including the complete LED rear lights package, front DRL LED lights, DRL Lighting Controller ECU, Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU, Smart Turn Signal Lights ECU, Interior Lighting System etc.
Attached Images

whatheheck likes this.
post #878 of 925 Old 08-28-2018, 04:21 PM

Very nice!

Dan
StefVan likes this.
post #879 of 925 Old 08-30-2018, 10:16 AM

Question: I'm replacing bulbs in an F430 tail light. What do you guys do to get a base with bulb contacts that looks a little aged like this one, back up to spec? Sandpaper? Any fluid to remove that gunk? Is it metal migration from the bulb contacts?

(No time to order LEDs so plan to put in another incandescent filament bulb today to get back on the road right away, probably do LED but not today need to get back on road immediately.)

post #880 of 925 Old 08-30-2018, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Hi Chris,
Welcome to FerrariLife!

I can't count anymore how many bulb holders I've seen in such condition. This is mainly due to the extreme heat + high current of the incandescent bulbs causing these copper bulb contacts to corrode. You can try to clean it off with some sandpaper but access to these bulb contacts is not easy and these contacts are quite fragile as they are only fastened with plastic tabs (be careful not to brake them off). I'm afraid that it will be pain to get this cleaned off.

That's the reason why our LED bulb holders do not have any bulb contacts, the LED lights are directly integrated on an internal PCB.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_C View Post
Question: I'm replacing bulbs in an F430 tail light. What do you guys do to get a base with bulb contacts that looks a little aged like this one, back up to spec? Sandpaper? Any fluid to remove that gunk? Is it metal migration from the bulb contacts?

(No time to order LEDs so plan to put in another incandescent filament bulb today to get back on the road right away, probably do LED but not today need to get back on road immediately.)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode