F430 LED Tail Lights Comparison and Review - Page 43 - Ferrari Life
 90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #841 of 944 Old 09-07-2017, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,340
New --- f430 smart turn signal light ecu

SMART TURN SIGNAL LIGHT ECU

With modern cars as a daily driver, have you ever felt how frustrating it can be when your Ferrari Turn Signal Lights are old fashion? They are totally inaudible, don't have a one touch comfort mode or a turn signal lights left on reminder, don't make full flashes and is not LED lights compatible! Furthermore, the OEM flasher will fail you sooner or later as it is using an electromagnetic relay.

We had to correct this and therefore we designed a 100% electronic very Smart Turn Signal Light ECU to greatly improve the reliability and comfort of your car just as it was made originally. When we say 100% electronic, it means that we eliminate entirely any mechanical moving parts, magnet coils or mechanically switched contacts. Our Smart Turn Signal Lights ECU is a real solid state micro-controller based ECU, running our complex embedded software, and can flash your OEM turn signal incandescent bulbs or upgraded to LED lamps without hyper-flashing. It can switch currents as high as 11A/132W at each side of the car and without any heating, sparks, interference, transients or delays! This solution will last forever as it is indestructible.

Our Smart Turn Signal Lights ECU plugs directly on the F430 Ė Scuderia Ė 16M original connector, itís 5 minutes job only, and the ECU offers immediately the following great improvements and new features:
  • Manages left & right turn signal lights, hazards and alarm flashes.
  • Fully LED lamps and incandescent bulbs compatible without hyper-flashes.
  • Always makes full flash cycles even when the flashes are interrupted with the turn signal lights lever. The ECU waits to deactivate the flashes until the last flash is completed.
  • The integrated buzzer will make your turn signal lights clicks very audible. Click sound tones are entirely configurable.
  • The ECU offers also a smart one-touch comfort automatic flashes system. Give your turn signal switch a short touch and your lights will flash automatically the configured number of flashes.
    The automatic flashes can also be immediately canceled by giving another short touch in the same or opposite direction.
  • OEM, the alarm system signaling turns the hazards steady on which isnít very noticeable. This ECU will make them flash very rapidly and even when the alarms system stops the hazards, the ECU will make them continue to flash during a configurable laps of time. When you open or close your car, or when the alarm goes off, the fast hazards flashes will make it well more noticeable than just steady on hazards.
  • The sound reminder will warn you when the turn signal lights are left on for too long time. Timing is entirely configurable.
  • Eliminates some Ferrari bugs of the OEM flasher by eliminating false signal pulses.
  • Advanced optimized ECU power management and automatic sleep mode with very little power consumption (Sleep: only 0.22mA, Standby: 8mA, Active: 15mA).
    ECU Status Blue LED: Sleep mode (1 ultra short flash every 8secs), standby (steady on), active (flashes with turn signal lights).
  • Full reverse polarity, load dump, overvoltage, undervoltage, short-circuit, current limitation, thermal and transient protections.
  • Tropicalisation of electronics and electronic board to improve reliability especially on Spider models.
  • 100% electronic solution without any electro-mechanical relays Ė no wear parts and will last forever.
  • Micro-controller based advanced and upgradable firmware with superfast turn-on/turn-off times (150 μs).
  • Powers light bulbs up to 11A / 132W at each side (22A / 264W total with shutdown short circuit protection at 2x35A).
  • Plug & Play: connects directly on the Ferrari F430/Enzo turn signal lights connector (5 min installation)

For even more comfort, all the ECU settings can be easily customised just with the turn signal light lever. No need to press any other buttons, just a simple combination of touches on the lever with make the ECU enter in configuration mode and will allow you to customise the different settings

We developed also a specific front LED turn signal light which replaces the front 21W incandescent bulbs. Even very small, our specific LED lamps have an impressive brightness and efficiently replace the OEM bulbs. For this turn signal LED light, we developed a very specific colour temperature, between white and amber, to preserve the original look of the Ferrari F430 front turn signal lights.

Just like our new Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU, this new Turn Signal Light ECU is now available at special pre-sale price until 15th September! Many have already installed it on their F430 and just love it!

SMART TURN SIGNAL LIGHT ECU
Attached Images

whatheheck likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 944 Old 09-10-2017, 05:35 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,075
This is one of the greatest surprise Stef gave me when he sent me the release candidate for the emt ecu. He included in the pack one of the tls ecu release candidate. After installation and first trying it out, I almost freaked out when my signal indicator beeped when in use. The worst possibilities ran through my mind quicker than the superfast gearshifts. I thought thr car was going bonkers.

After some time getting used to it, its actually pretty useful coz in a loud engine environment, you can now hear and know that you have signalled your intentions on the road.

Another awesome Swiss innovation by the Swiss genius himself.
post #843 of 944 Old 09-11-2017, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Many thanks F430Addict, very kind of you! Now you can indeed hear your turn signal lights operating with this new ECU Both sounds of the sound clicks can be configured at the frequency you prefer. Some frequencies are louder while other are quieter.

Did you try out the new "one-touch comfort mode" where you only need to give a quick short touch on the turn signal lever and your turn signal lights will flash automatically 5 times? The number of automatic flashes can also be configured from 2 to 10 (or even disabled). The ECU will also allow you to cancel these automatic flashes at any time by just giving another short touch on the turn signal level in the same or opposite direction (up or down, it doesn't matter).

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatheheck View Post
Amazing brightness!

And very well engineered and very well made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 430Addict View Post
This is one of the greatest surprise Stef gave me when he sent me the release candidate for the emt ecu. He included in the pack one of the tls ecu release candidate. After installation and first trying it out, I almost freaked out when my signal indicator beeped when in use. The worst possibilities ran through my mind quicker than the superfast gearshifts. I thought thr car was going bonkers.

After some time getting used to it, its actually pretty useful coz in a loud engine environment, you can now hear and know that you have signalled your intentions on the road.

Another awesome Swiss innovation by the Swiss genius himself.

post #844 of 944 Old 09-12-2017, 09:31 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 66
I love LEDís as it gives the car a more modern look. LEDís consume much less power and also donít heat up, And they pretty much lasts forever (the well-made ones). With LEDís you can also play around with light color.

Converting front turn signals straight to LEDís is not that simple as the OE turn signal relay will make the LED bulbs hyperflash because of the very low current draw of the LEDís compared to incandescent bulb.

In the past there is no replacement relay I am aware of available to upgrade to in order to switch to LED bulbs. I finally found one. Itís a product designed and made by Stef with a reputation for great design, great build quality and amazing customer service.

The new turn signal relay from Stef has no mechanical coil relay inside, no contacts to go bad, purely solid state, with no moving parts) and it will also work with standard regular bulbs.

An additional benefit, the clicks are much more audible and are fully configurable, even the sound of the click is configurable to user preference.

This turn signal relay will also make your turn signals like modern cars that one touch of the turn signal stalk (No need to push the stalk all the way down) and the turn signal will flash for however many flashes you want your lights to flash (default is 5 flashes, user configurable.)

I also upgraded my side turn signal lights lens to clear lens to give the car an updated look.
Then I upgraded the side turn signal BA9S stock bulbs to LEDís.

Another nice feature is when pressing keyfob to lock the car. The turn signal flashes rapidly for about 4 seconds to indicate alarm system being armed. Pretty cool effect. Although I will change my setting to 2 seconds as 4 seconds is too long of a duration for me.

So much more features but the best part is Ė its completely plug and play. Replacement takes 1 minute as the turn signal relay is very accessible and located right behind glove compartment.

I now have this installed in my car for over a month and I am 100% happy.

Another great product from Stef for our pride and joy.

Thank you Stef.

Hope this helps some of you.

Dan
Attached Images

StefVan and GSBennett like this.
post #845 of 944 Old 09-14-2017, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Many thanks Dan for your brilliant review! Couldn't have written it better, its perfectly spot on!

Your left photo shows very well the OEM flasher relay, great shot. Our Smart TLS ECU has exactly the same specific automotive connector which makes it really Plug & Play. We are now also thinking to bring this ECU to the 360-355-550-575M-456-F50 and Maserati owners and offer them also a greater comfort + full LED compatibility.

Many thanks again Dan!
whatheheck likes this.
post #846 of 944 Old 09-18-2017, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Owner

https://www.scuding.com/Shop/en/ecu-...t-tls-ecu.html

Here's a video that demonstrates all the new comfort features of the new Smart Turn Signal Lights ECU. As a solid state and micro-processor based solution, this module will last forever.

This is a real Plug & Play ECU Module and installation takes less than 5 minutes, just unplug the OEM flasher relay and plug it into the Smart TLS ECU unit, it's as simple as this!

whatheheck likes this.

Last edited by StefVan; 09-18-2017 at 11:30 PM.
post #847 of 944 Old 09-18-2017, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Owner

This video explains how easily the Smart Turn Signal Lights ECU can be configured with your own settings:

• Turn signal lights Tests: to replace the bulb failure hyper-flashing, this menu option allows you to test your turn signal lights to make sure they all work fine.
  • Number of one-touch comfort flashes: deactivates or defines the number of 2 to 10 automatic turn signal light flashes when the turn signal switch is shortly pressed to the left or the right.
  • Lights on click tone: defines the buzzer click tone when the turn signal lights flashes goes on.
  • Lights off click tone: defines the buzzer click tone when the turn signal lights flashes goes off.
  • Lights left on reminder: defines when the ECU will make the reminder sound after the defined period of time when the turn signal lights are left on (from 1 to 5 minutes or deactivated).
  • Extended alarm flashes: when the car is locked, unlocked or the alarm goes off, the ECU will make the turn signal lights flash rapidly when the alarm on signal is received but can continue to flash them during 2 to 10 seconds (or deactivated).
  • ECU reset to factory defaults.

whatheheck likes this.

Last edited by StefVan; 09-18-2017 at 11:31 PM.
post #848 of 944 Old 10-20-2017, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Until now, the new Smart Turn Signal Lights ECU was only available for the F430.

We've now designed and developed the specific 7 pin relay interface cable to allow our ECU to be very easily installed on many more different car models like the:
- Ferrari F355, 360, F50, 550, 575M, 456 and F512M
- Maserati 4200 Coupe/Spider/GranSport
- BMW 3' E36 + M3, 5' E34 + M5, 7' E32, 8' E31 and Z3 E36 + M

The OEM 7 pin flasher relay is very well known to fail after some years. Unfortunately, this stock flasher relay as well as other compatible alternatives are getting difficult to get as they are no more manufactured.

The Smart Turn Signal Lights ECU is a multiple solid state relay managed by our embedded software and will last forever. In addition, as described before, it updates older cars by offering modern features like soft-one touch comfort flashes, turn signal lights left on reminder, louder and configurable click tones, etc.

The 7 pin interface cable will be available soon in November.
Attached Images

post #849 of 944 Old 10-26-2017, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Our specific LED technology used in the Engine Bay Lighting System has also been adapted to be installed and fit on a Aventador.

https://www.scuding.com/Shop/en/55-i...ghting-systems
Attached Images

Last edited by StefVan; 10-26-2017 at 12:52 PM.
post #850 of 944 Old 10-29-2017, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Owner

We took the chance to take some before/after pictures when we entirely upgraded a Swiss F430 Spider in our workshop with all our solutions available for the F430.

Even if pictures never show the reality, the difference is huge.
Attached Images

whatheheck likes this.
post #851 of 944 Old 11-08-2017, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Photo 1: Our complete LED Rear Light package installed on a USA Ferrari F430 makes the car up to date and much safer thanks to our own developed LED technology. Photos will never do it justice as the specific spectrum can't be captured by camera but only human eyes.

Photo 2: Our Engine Bay Lighting System provides a nice touch to the Ferrari F430 as it was made stock. This photo shows the OEM yellowish running/parking lights, the difference is incomparable.

Available for many different Ferrari models.

https://www.scuding.com/Shop/en/6-il...ight-solutions

https://www.scuding.com/Shop/en/55-i...ghting-systems
Attached Images

post #852 of 944 Old 11-08-2017, 10:08 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 66
Looks great!

Thanks for sharing Stef.

Dan
StefVan likes this.
post #853 of 944 Old 11-09-2017, 06:06 AM
Sponsor
Sponsor

Ferrari Life Posts: 434
Nice job
StefVan likes this.

Fiammenghi Engineering
High Performance Exhaust Systems and Car Parts
Contact info: [email protected]
post #854 of 944 Old 11-09-2017, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Owner

The F355 deserves also to be improved with more visible and safer rear lights.

This is a USA F355 entirely updated with our LED rear lights package, including the specific LED 3rd/center stop light.

https://www.scuding.com/Shop/en/21-f...rano-challenge
Attached Images

post #855 of 944 Old 11-10-2017, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Owner

The Smart Turn Signal Light Flasher ECU can now be installed not only on the F430 but also on many more cars with the new 7 pin adapter cable which is now available.

This cable plugs directly into the OEM flasher relay base, it's a real Plug & Play solution. Just remove the OEM flasher relay and plug our cable in the relay socket. The new flasher ECU is a 100% dual solid state electronic solution which will last forever since there are no more switched contacts. In addition to that, the embedded software offers several new features like the "soft touch comfort flashes", dual tone click beeps which are well more audible, indicators on reminder, LED lamps compatible, etc.

The cable is 20cm long which allows the flasher ECU to be placed closer towards the driver and makes the turn signal clicks to be heard better.

For:
- Ferrari F355, 360, F50, 550, 575M, 456 and F512M
- Maserati 4200 Coupe/Spider/GranSport
- BMW 3' E36 + M3, 5' E34 + M5, 7' E32, 8' E31 and Z3 E36 + M

"Swiss designed and manufactured state of the art electronics and firmware"
Attached Images

post #856 of 944 Old 11-29-2017, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Owner

The DRL Lights upgrade is still a very wanted improvement of the F430. Photo taken by a USA owner this week. He upgraded also the rear lights with our complete LED rear light package.

https://www.scuding.com/Shop/en/ilua...ht-drl-v3.html
Attached Images

post #857 of 944 Old 12-24-2017, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Some very nice pictures made by a fellow member @whatheheck of his super pristine F430:

"I just want to share that I have installed Scud Ing Swiss LED Tail Lights, Smart Turn Signal Light Flasher ECU, Smart EMT F1 Relay, Front Day Time LED running lights and 3rd LED Brake Light on my 2006 F430 Spider and I am 1,000% happy and they all work flawlessly.

I highly recommend these products...."
Attached Images

whatheheck likes this.
post #858 of 944 Old 01-04-2018, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
Owner

A USA F430 entirely upgraded with our innovative solutions.

Find out more on our website how to make your F430 safer to drive: https://www.scuding.com/Shop/en/7-f430-scuderia-16m
Attached Images

whatheheck likes this.
post #859 of 944 Old 01-18-2018, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Owner

A happy USA F430 owner took some nice photos of his rear lights upgraded with our ILUAL43 LED rear lights package.

Not only our specific automotive LED technology updates the Ferrari F430, it makes it also much more visible which greatly increases safety.

Our LED technology can reduce the braking distance by up to 15 meters at a speed of 130 km/h. An advantage every driver can use!
Attached Images

post #860 of 944 Old 02-08-2018, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Owner

We never stopped improving the LED rear lights solutions for the F430, 360, 355, 550, 575M.

Progressively since last year, some major changes made this solution now even considerably better:

- We designed a complete new red LED light where a specific red spectrum is used to make it much more eye catching. A huge safety improvement which may shorten the reaction time of drivers behind. Powered by our smart current drivers, they provide a very stable light and an instant response less than 2 msecs.

- We designed a new turn signal and reverse/backup light. They are much brighter and the color of the turn signal light is well more of amber color than before.

- The lens cap is a big improvement as it allows the light to fill up the entire light cluster without any typical LED hot spots.

- Specific anti-vibration rubber parts are used to isolate the LED lamps from the bulb holder.

- All LED lamps are directly integrated on a PCB electronic board and eliminates the risk of contact corrosion.

PS: digital cameras can't capture the real brightness and colors of our LED lights. In real life, colors are very deep colors and very bright even with direct sun light on them.
Attached Images

whatheheck likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode