F430 LED Tail Lights Comparison and Review - Page 4 - Ferrari Life
 74Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 939 Old 06-03-2012, 06:35 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 33
Instead of adding a load resistor, can we just change the flasher relay? Superbrightied has a number of them that should remedy the fast blinking issue. However, I'm not sure if our cars use the standard European CF13GL-02 relay. Anyone know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 939 Old 07-02-2012, 05:36 AM

Compatibility with F1

Do the different loads affect the f1 transmissions operation?
post #63 of 939 Old 07-02-2012, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,319
Leo, I don't know for the 360 but on the 430 the operation of the brake lights is checked by the Motronic Ecu and the F1 TCU. The F1 TCU makes sure that the "BRAKE ON" data broadcasted on the CAN Bus by the Motronic ECU matches with the physical brake switch signal. If there is a difference, there will be a P1760 Error. When using too low power LED lights, the Motronic Ecu will not see any power consumption while braking and thus will not broadcast the "BRAKE ON" data on the CAN Bus. I don't know where the exact threshold is but I guess with 4x6W LED lights, there should be enough current drained. This applies only to the brake lights of course

post #64 of 939 Old 07-02-2012, 04:55 PM

If I use the lights that you suggested from eBay, will the draw be sufficient?
Thanks again
Leo
post #65 of 939 Old 07-02-2012, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Yes, they will be fine Leo.
post #66 of 939 Old 07-29-2012, 12:48 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefVan View Post
This is really funny and cute . Ok buddies, I have been able to collect 6 x F430 bulb holders (very difficult to source this part alone). I've studied also to reproduce them but the investment is far too big or I have to sell hunders of them which will never happen. So for now, with these 6 bulb holders and I can make 3 kits for you guys. You will only have to do a very simple and easy job on your outer bulb holder to make both halves illuminating (I'll explain how to do that). Each kit will include 2 inner bulb holders + new modified wire harness + superseal connectors/boots + wire harness integrated electronics for switching between the fog and brake light + resistor for F1 systems.
Hi Stef

Incredible study, i googled for leds to the Ferrari and ended up here reading your thread. I own a Scuderia and really would like to get a kit like this one where all four taillights brake/illuminate together.
Is it possible for me to buy and you to make a kit and send to Sweden??

I just bought an extra set taillights with white in the middle instead of the yellow for turning signal. So i got the ones that are made for parking and foglights but withs some mods they can fit, they are "mirror-mounts". Can be good?
post #67 of 939 Old 07-29-2012, 08:15 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
Hi Stef

Incredible study, i googled for leds to the Ferrari and ended up here reading your thread. I own a Scuderia and really would like to get a kit like this one where all four taillights brake/illuminate together.
Is it possible for me to buy and you to make a kit and send to Sweden??

I just bought an extra set taillights with white in the middle instead of the yellow for turning signal. So i got the ones that are made for parking and foglights but withs some mods they can fit, they are "mirror-mounts". Can be good?
Ronnie, I too have a set of tail lights with the orange signals and I hate them, I saw a set on Ebay with the clear centers going for a good price but they were US models and I was wondering if they are different by any chance.
Attached Images

post #68 of 939 Old 07-29-2012, 10:26 AM

Hi Mo

Yes there is a difference, i now that Stefvan cannot do this conversion with the Us-lamps. Think its something with the turnsignal, they use the brake lights for turn signal while we use the orange blink. I belive so but i can be wrong.

For safe, look for euro lamps.

Good Luck.
post #69 of 939 Old 07-29-2012, 10:31 AM

Ps. I wrote earlier that the oem lamps with white center was mirror mounted and needed mods. But i checked today and there is no problem, there was holes made for both kind of lamps, dont need any moods. The lamphouse is just bolt on.
post #70 of 939 Old 07-29-2012, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Hi Ronnie, welcome to FerrariLife and thanks for finding us here

The taillight itself can be anyone, that's fine. What matters most are the light bulb holders because on a Euro car, the inner bulb holders have one empty socket and one socket for the fog light. This is the one that need to be transformed so that it can hold 2 x 1157 bulbs as I described in this thread : http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/mo...lluminate.html

To make both bulbs working together, the 1157 bulbs holder need also an inner transformation which is not reversible.

I've been able to collect a couple of them but they are very hard to find. As I want my kit to replace entirely the existing bulb holders so that it can be easily reversed using again your stock bulb holders + stock wire harness, I'm working now to get these bulb holders reproduced by injection moulding. That was the main show stopper I had to overcome. The new wire harness design integrating some electronics is ready and has been flawlessly tested on my car since 6 months. I will let you know as soon as the entire kit is ready
post #71 of 939 Old 07-29-2012, 01:20 PM

Hi Stef!

Thank you and let me now as soon as possible, like Christmas can't wait! )

Ps. Im getting my 458 sometimes late this year, possible to make any led mods to 458?

I ordered 4 bulbs from the Ebay seller you recommended so i have in case of, and maybe i can use them solo in the 458 without mods?

And Stef, you make places like this worth the time reading and reading, keep up the good work!

Thank you.
post #72 of 939 Old 07-29-2012, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Thanks very much Ronnie

You know, the 458 has already LED tail lights so I don't see how we can improve them. Are you going to keep your Scud? 458 + Scud, nice combination it would be

For the Scud tail lights, you'll need 8 LED 1157 lights. But my kit will include already all the needed LED lights as I want it to be really plug and play and with a QC geing applied on the entire kit.

I'll keep you updated of the progress made.
post #73 of 939 Old 07-29-2012, 01:54 PM

You see, already leds..

Now you understand why i need a plug and play kit

I don't now yet howe to do about the cars, would like to try them both with real tracktime. I do some track days around europe, and some say i will be slower with 458 or less fun to drive. I've tried the car a couple of times but cannot drive it on the track like i want.. until i own it.
I love the Scuderia, i had Porsche Turbo, Gt2, Lambo Superleggera both old and the new one but none is to compare with what this car delivers on the track.
When you learn to drive it, its fast..
post #74 of 939 Old 08-07-2012, 01:16 PM

Hi again Stef

Today i changed the rearlamps to the led you recommended, couldn`t wait

Also i changed the house of the rearlamp with the orange field in the middle for the turnsignal to the same as the inner lamp with the white center. Now both lamps are white in center and new leds.
Looks great!

I have the lampholders from the lamps i bought, its the one holding foglights and reversebulb. Its from a 430 -2005 and there was one difference i saw. In the bottom were the bulb should be in the lampholder there was 2 poles instead of my car one pole, but i only looked and compared with my outerlamps/turningsignal and maybe there should be a difference in the poles between the outer lampholder against inner/foglights?

Do you need them for making a kit?

/R
post #75 of 939 Old 08-07-2012, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Hi Ronnie, well done for the white center turnsignal swap

Thanks for offering your inner bulb holders. Indeed, on the EUR cars, the inner bulb holders are different compared to the outer bulb holders. The inner ones can hold only the fog light, while the other hole is left empty. To make sure, do you mind to post a picture of your inner bulb holders?

My kit will have 4 x 1157 bulb holders (2 x 1157 LED lamps per holder). I'm thus reproducing only the outer bulb holder which will have to be slightly modified to make both lamps work together.
post #76 of 939 Old 08-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Owner

Ok guys so just to make sure I get this right. I need to buy Euro type lamp housings to get read of the yellow signals?
post #77 of 939 Old 08-12-2012, 11:54 PM

For me it was a huge difference

Correct, the other hole is empty nothing there.

But even if i did this, i'm steel up for a kit Stef!

Just waiting

And Mo: If you want to do the same as i did, just by the same lamphouse that has the white center already. The lamphouses closest to the engine bay. And bolt on they fit, the only thing is that the turnsignal is clear so there will not be any yellow signal when you use the turnsignal. So you have to change the turnsignal lamp to an orange lamp or as i did, paint it. I will put a picture soon.

So i dont think its matter wich lamphousing you buy Euro or not, the differences is in the the bulbholders not the lamphousing.

Good Luck
post #78 of 939 Old 08-14-2012, 08:57 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
For me it was a huge difference

Correct, the other hole is empty nothing there.

But even if i did this, i'm steel up for a kit Stef!

Just waiting

And Mo: If you want to do the same as i did, just by the same lamphouse that has the white center already. The lamphouses closest to the engine bay. And bolt on they fit, the only thing is that the turnsignal is clear so there will not be any yellow signal when you use the turnsignal. So you have to change the turnsignal lamp to an orange lamp or as i did, paint it. I will put a picture soon.

So i dont think its matter wich lamphousing you buy Euro or not, the differences is in the the bulbholders not the lamphousing.

Good Luck
Thanks for the info Ronnie, this clarifies things for me. Now the search begins
post #79 of 939 Old 08-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,852
Ronnie- There was a very famous Ronnie known as "SuperSwede". Any relation of yours? He was an exceedingly quick F1 driver who should have been a world champion except for some bad luck.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #80 of 939 Old 08-15-2012, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Owner

As the 6W and 7.5W light bulbs are sold quite at a high price, I decided to launch the production of those LED light bulbs at a much lower price but manufactured following my higher specifications. The goal is to have top quality LED's integrating high profile current drivers at a cheaper price. The overall brightness will be even more improved! I go back to work More to come soon here

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode