Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/)
-   Modern V8s: 360, F430 (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/modern-v8s-360-f430/)
-   -   F430 LED Tail Lights Comparison and Review (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/modern-v8s-360-f430/16267-led-tail-lights-comparison.html)

Tio 09-01-2013 12:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hey Stef!

What about me?

I am a happy customer too!:thumbsup:

Here are some of my installation pictures.

On a serious note now guys, the difference it huge.

The way I can describe it best, is that the colour from the lights now, is more alive, brighter and purer, but not obstructively intense.
Plus now I know that I don't have to worry about burned light bulbs.

StefVan 09-01-2013 09:01 AM

Sure my good friend Harry, I'm very aware you're a happy customer and you make me a very happy seller :) You've always been the first buying my products which I very much appreciate as well as your immense trust! I just didn't want to repost the pictures you've posted already before ;)

The 360 version of the ILUAL LED Tail Light kit is moving on very well. I've now started to "mass" produce them and the first complete products are getting ready to be road tested. The kit will contain also a new flasher relay that will simply replace the OEM flasher. The new flasher is a much improved version than the stock one and now, you'll hear the relays much better despite the loud engine. Grace to this new flasher, there will be no need to add heating load resistors as the flasher is optimised for the ILUAL kit. When I say "Play & Play", it really does ;) I will be posting some pictures soon.

'Da Wolf 09-02-2013 01:58 PM

360 Set
 
Hi Stef,
any idea when the 360 set will be ready for purchase ?

Cheers

C4sdriver 09-02-2013 02:18 PM

Canadian car
 
Hi Stef, I am thinking of buying your kit for US/Canada...
Here in Canada we have daytime running lights (DRL'S) and they are on all the time.
That means the outer tail lights (position lights) are on all the time also.

With your kit installed, would all four position lights be on all the time, even during the day? Or only when I turn on the headlights for night driving? (I would prefer if the position lights were only on when I turn the switch on the stalk for the headlights at night).

Thanks

StefVan 09-02-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Da Wolf (Post 260066)
Hi Stef,
any idea when the 360 set will be ready for purchase ?

Cheers

Nice to hear from you :) The 360 version of the ILUAL LED rear light kit is ready now and will be road tested on several cars. They will be available latest end September. I will post some pictures of the kit this evening.

StefVan 09-02-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C4sdriver (Post 260068)
Hi Stef, I am thinking of buying your kit for US/Canada...
Here in Canada we have daytime running lights (DRL'S) and they are on all the time.
That means the outer tail lights (position lights) are on all the time also.

With your kit installed, would all four position lights be on all the time, even during the day? Or only when I turn on the headlights for night driving? (I would prefer if the position lights were only on when I turn the switch on the stalk for the headlights at night).

Thanks

Welcome to FerrariLife ;)
When the lights are used as DRL's, the rear parking lights are illumined on your car. Unfortunately, there is no way to make a difference between DRL and the stalk switch because the same position/parking lights are powered. With the ILUAL LED kit, all 4 position/parking lights will be illuminated all the time on your car. If you're interested, I can make a specific version for you where only one part of the position/parking lights will be illuminated, e.g. only the full outer rear lights, and all 4 rear lights at full power when braking. Would that help you?

C4sdriver 09-03-2013 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StefVan (Post 260096)
Welcome to FerrariLife ;)
When the lights are used as DRL's, the rear parking lights are illumined on your car. Unfortunately, there is no way to make a difference between DRL and the stalk switch because the same position/parking lights are powered. With the ILUAL LED kit, all 4 position/parking lights will be illuminated all the time on your car. If you're interested, I can make a specific version for you where only one part of the position/parking lights will be illuminated, e.g. only the full outer rear lights, and all 4 rear lights at full power when braking. Would that help you?

Stef, i am thinking if I pull the fuse for the parking lights, then the tail lights should be off during the day when the DRL's are in use correct?
The position light fuse would remain in place so when I turn the lights on with the stalk at night then all four tail lights would be illuminated.
Is that correct?
Thanks

RichardCH 09-03-2013 09:38 AM

Looks good guys

StefVan 09-03-2013 11:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by C4sdriver (Post 260122)
Stef, i am thinking if I pull the fuse for the parking lights, then the tail lights should be off during the day when the DRL's are in use correct?
The position light fuse would remain in place so when I turn the lights on with the stalk at night then all four tail lights would be illuminated.
Is that correct?
Thanks

Not sure this would work. I checked the wiring diagrams of the Canada version and can't see separated fuses for the DRL system. There is only 1 pair of fuses used for the parking/position lights and both the stalk and DRL goes through the same fuses: AF16 = Front position lights RHS and rear LHS and AF20 = Front position lights LHS and rear RHS. You can try it out but if you remove AF16 and/or AF20, the parking lights won't work anymore with the DRL system AND the stalk.

I documented a bit the schematics of the parking lights of your car version. As you can see the DRL system and stalk switch are illuminating the same parking lights.

C4sdriver 09-03-2013 03:55 PM

Thanks for the info Stef.
I pulled the AF16 and AF20 fuses. The result is that the outer tail lights are off during the day with the DRL's on.
The outer tail lights still work and illuminate when the brake pedal is pressed using this method.
The downside is the outer tail lights stay off at night when the stalk is turned to the "on" position (the outer tail brake lights still illuminate when the brake is on) so there would be no position lights at night.

In Canada, with these cars, the DRL's are the hid's in full on mode and the tail lights are also in full position mode ALL of the time, regardless of wether or not the stalk is in the on or off position. (Kind of annoying having no manual control over the lights, especially when it is not mandatory to have daytime position lights in the rear during daylight hours). The parking light function doesn't seem to exist.

StefVan 09-03-2013 09:36 PM

Thanks very much for the fuse tests, the results doesn't surprise me as I wrote before. No way to make a difference between DRL and stalk switch unless you rewire the car from front to rear. The brake lights do indeed use other fuses.
After all , the ILUAL43 LED kit will be a very good improvement for cars with mandatory DRL's because the current consumption will be considerably reduced despite the 4 illuminated tail lights and the increased overall brightness ;)

netman 09-04-2013 07:48 PM

Please keep me in mind when you get the 360 kit worked out. Will the kit work for 360s with F1 transmissions? It is my understanding the clutch is tied into the braking system via voltage drawn by the brake lamps.

StefVan 09-04-2013 09:56 PM

Sure I will keep you updated ;) It will work on all 360's + CS including the F1's. I have resolved this already with the ILUAL43 kit because the 430 has the same braking double check system on the F1's. The same solution is integrated in the ILUAL36 kit ;)

StefVan 09-04-2013 10:04 PM

For the US/CAN market, we will offer now 2 versions of the ILUAL36 and ILUAL36 LED Tail Light kits. Some US owners asked me to have the outer tail lights to illuminate like the EURO version using the centre amber turn signal lens + 4 all brake lights. US owners will now have the choice between this version (EURO like) and the half outer red turn signal + 3 and a half brake lights.

C4sdriver 09-05-2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StefVan (Post 260307)
For the US/CAN market, we will offer now 2 versions of the ILUAL36 and ILUAL36 LED Tail Light kits. Some US owners asked me to have the outer tail lights to illuminate like the EURO version using the centre amber turn signal lens + 4 all brake lights. US owners will now have the choice between this version (EURO like) and the half outer red turn signal + 3 and a half brake lights.

Hi Stef, so just to clarify...
Do you mean that with the new EURO-like setup, the center part of the outer tail lights will be used as the turn signal? If so, will it remain clear when not in use, but illuminate as an amber turn signal?

thanks

StefVan 09-05-2013 08:44 AM

Yes, that's right. The outer centre lens will remain clear when not in use but will flash amber as a turn signal.

netman 09-05-2013 06:02 PM

Stef
Are these a simple bulb and fixture replacement? Or is work on the wiring required?

StefVan 09-06-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by netman (Post 260433)
Stef
Are these a simple bulb and fixture replacement? Or is work on the wiring required?

The kit is a very straight forward Plug & Play replacement. You just need to remove the existing stock bulb holders and replace them with the new bulb holders. A new cable is also provided and integrates the electronic components to manage to new tail light illumination. The cable directly connects on the existing car connectors. There is no need to cut or splice any wires and everything is 100% reversible. On the 360, it's a very easy job to do, even easier than on a 430.

netman 09-07-2013 08:04 AM

Thanks for the info. sign me up

StefVan 09-09-2013 11:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
A couple of pictures of the new ILUAL36 LED Tail Light Kit "en avant-première" ;)

These new version of bulb holders are produced with the same high profile specs as the 430 equivalent kit. They fit on several models as a direct replacement: 360, 355, 512M, 550, 575M and F50. The kit will also include also 2 specific KY cables as well as a new 7p flasher. My new flasher relay will also be available as a separate part and will be a good 50% cheaper than the OEM flasher and is compatible with LED turn signal lights without hyper flashing. The flashers will be available at different current values depending on the required current consumption (rear LED's only, front and rear LED's). I preserved the hyper flashing function, even for LED lights, which is mandatory in all countries.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale