360 Finally Took The Plunge F1 360 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 11-13-2011, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 7
Finally Took The Plunge F1 360

Well, it was delivered Saturday and was quite nervous getting behind the wheel for the first time but did not do any harm.....heart jumped when I heard the engine.

Will be storing for the winter.

Could anyone direct me to posts on first time driver hints.
Thanks
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-13-2011, 04:02 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 167
Beautiful car, my favorite color! Enjoy your first drive, you will never forget it..........
post #3 of 8 Old 11-13-2011, 04:23 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwbrad View Post
Well, it was delivered Saturday and was quite nervous getting behind the wheel for the first time but did not do any harm.....heart jumped when I heard the engine.

Will be storing for the winter.

Could anyone direct me to posts on first time driver hints.
Thanks
Not sure we have any first time driver threads other to say drive it, don't worry about babying it, and enjoy.

post #4 of 8 Old 11-13-2011, 04:30 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,323
Congrats Max, she's beautiful.

I suggest you take her out early on a Sunday morning when no one is around, preferably on a route you really enjoy. Other drivers will swarm around you like remora's around sharks. There's a lot to sense with this car, you want as few distractions as possible. Then, just take it slow, only as fast as you feel comfortable. I don't know what cars you'vve driven before, but the 360 has more power than you can imagine - it's spooky fast.

Other than that, take a camera and enjoy, it's a memory you're going to have for the rest of your life.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #5 of 8 Old 11-13-2011, 06:00 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 7
Thanks for the tips.

Last sports car was a Corvette which was traded in on this.

It is a little intimidating just looking at it.
post #6 of 8 Old 11-13-2011, 06:09 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Congratulations

Drive it - worst thing for these cars is letting them sit.

Bring her up to temperature and exercise - there is nothing weak about a Ferrari.

Make sure the battery is strong and keep it on a tender if it's going to sit.
post #7 of 8 Old 11-13-2011, 07:48 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,859
Max- If your last car was a late model Corvette, the absolute speed capability of the two cars is about the same. The C6 Z06 I traded for my 575M was way quicker. There are two ways to drive an F1 car. The first is the way I drive mine by treating it exactly like it was a manual transmission and always selecting whatever gear you want and not letting the car auto-downshift for you. When coming to a full stop, I select neutral instead of letting the car do two or three wasted downshifts, same as when I drove my manual transmission cars. If I need a lower gear, I select it for corners, which is where the real fun of F1 is. The second way to drive it is like it is an automatic transmission and let it do its thing. After 3 1/2 years in my car, I have never pushed in the Auto button and my car has never made an automatic (revs getting too low) downshift. So you know which way I vote.

If you select neutral coming to a stop and the light changes to green, you can hit the upshift paddle and that will give you the highest gear in which the car will run smoothly, and that is way too high a gear. If instead, you hit the downshift paddle, you will get one gear lower, and you and the car will be much happier.

Try not to back up hills, because reverse is almost as high a gear as second and this will cause accelerated clutch wear and, likely, a bad smell of burned clutch lining.

Others will disagree with me, but you asked. Just drive it like you did your Corvette if it had a 6 speed.

Very pretty car with the modular wheels and great color combination.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #8 of 8 Old 11-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Fly wheel on the 360 is quite light and the power band is north of 4000 rpms. To drive it with a bit of spirit, you need to keep the revs up.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode