360 Crashed my 360.... - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 09-08-2011, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 14
Crashed my 360....

I had the misfortune of crashing(minor) my beloved 360. My question is, where is the best place in the Atlanta area to have my baby fixed and fixed properly? Upon visual inspection it seems as though the "A" frame might be bent. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.....
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 09-08-2011, 07:14 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,340
sorry to hear/see that

my question is...what the hell happened?
post #3 of 22 Old 09-08-2011, 07:28 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIncognito View Post
sorry to hear/see that

+1

post #4 of 22 Old 09-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,008
post #5 of 22 Old 09-08-2011, 08:01 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
It happens ...

There are two places in St Louis - this is one the other I can't recall but has a guy there that lays paint as well as anyone.

Manns Restoration & Maintenance
post #6 of 22 Old 09-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,132
Sorry to hear about that. What a great looking car. Although relatively minor, you might be able to get a totaled claim from your insurance company.

Keep us posted.
post #7 of 22 Old 09-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIncognito View Post
sorry to hear/see that

+1-----Sucks!!!! What happened, and let's see the after picture!!
post #8 of 22 Old 09-09-2011, 04:33 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 45
That's unfortunate. Although it does not look too bad. I could run a couple scenarios by you. If you are interested PM me or call me.

Ryan Jones
Exotic Auto Recycling
"Leading used parts supplier for Ferrari, Maserati & Lamborghini"
916-638-8000
855-638-8878
www.exoticautorecycling.com
post #9 of 22 Old 09-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Owner

Until that last post, I didn't even see the fender damage!!!!!!!!

WTF, I may be losin it.

But, how the hell did you dent the TOP of the fender???
post #10 of 22 Old 09-11-2011, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Owner

A guy in a 1991 Toyota pickup was turning left and I started to turn right. I was going 3 mph. Next thing I new, the guys truck was on top of my 360. He claimed that he slammed on his brakes due to oncoming traffic. At first I agreed with the guy and gave the same story to the police officer that showed up. In the three days since it happened, I have come to realize that physics dictates that it is impossible for the accident to have occurred in this manner. The only possible explanation is that he was backing up and rolled onto my 360. He lied and dummy me agreed with it. It is looking like the 360 will be totaled. I don't want it to be, but I was told by an authority in Ferraris that it looks like the repair bill will be 70K approx.. I love my 360, but I do not want it back with a salvage/rebuilt title and zero resale value. A big bummer. I am considering a 2005 360 spyder or a 1990 Testarossa as a replacement......
post #11 of 22 Old 09-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
So sorry to hear that, Meresca360. Put it behind you and get the 360 Spider. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #12 of 22 Old 09-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by maresca360 View Post
an authority in Ferraris that it looks like the repair bill will be 70K approx..

Wow man, sux. I can't get how that's 70k!!!

Isn't it drivable?

I kinda get it, my QP was crashed about 4 months ago, all front end fender damage etc.

When the adjuster got to 77k, he stopped counting and totaled it.

They auctioned it off for 16k.

I don't get it.

Sorry for your luck there man, but don't beat yourself up over it.

Funny you're looking at spiders from a coupe, I'm wishin I had a coupe instead of spider!!

Grass is greener.

Hopefully you had it insured for full value, I had my QP with Hagerty, and like a dumb ass had it insured 25k below value by accident.

I had a 911 on same policy and I suppose I typed in it's value where the QP value went.

Not sure, but what a lesson.

Well good luck and if you do get another F car, post some pics.

Keep us informed.
post #13 of 22 Old 09-25-2011, 07:51 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 308
Hello MARESCA360...are you going to the insurance company have it the car? Has a final decision been made? I would at least document everything and take pictures....they may help the future owner of that car, it will certainly be back on the road in the future. Is it a 6-speed manual car or an F-1? There is a market for nicely fixed and repaired salvage cars. Be sure to explore all possibilities. I have a 1990 TR and I've been tossing aroudn the idea of getting a 360 for quite a while....it surprises me that you are going in the other direction. What is it about the TR that is pulling you in that direction?
post #14 of 22 Old 09-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 74
post #15 of 22 Old 09-25-2011, 06:03 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by maresca360 View Post
A guy in a 1991 Toyota pickup was turning left and I started to turn right. I was going 3 mph. Next thing I new, the guys truck was on top of my 360. He claimed that he slammed on his brakes due to oncoming traffic. At first I agreed with the guy and gave the same story to the police officer that showed up. In the three days since it happened, I have come to realize that physics dictates that it is impossible for the accident to have occurred in this manner. The only possible explanation is that he was backing up and rolled onto my 360. He lied and dummy me agreed with it. It is looking like the 360 will be totaled. I don't want it to be, but I was told by an authority in Ferraris that it looks like the repair bill will be 70K approx.. I love my 360, but I do not want it back with a salvage/rebuilt title and zero resale value. A big bummer. I am considering a 2005 360 spyder or a 1990 Testarossa as a replacement......
I don't know where you reside but Missouri is a no fault state - so it doesn't matter.

Would not beat yourself up over it - the insurance companies have experts to show exactly what took place if need be.

There is a great TR blk blk at STLMotorsports.
post #16 of 22 Old 09-26-2011, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Hello CARGUY.. No final decisions as of yet... Thanks for the advise. It is a 6 speed...

Hello CHAMPAGNE612....Thanks for the info and heads up....

CHEERS....
post #17 of 22 Old 09-26-2011, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Interesting update.... The body shop manager at Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale told me not to worry and that he would make sure Hagerty would total my 360 as the repair bill would warrant a total. I am sure everyone can understand why I would not want the car back after it has been in an accident( A-Pillar Damage ). Hagerty even indicated that the 360 would be totalled based on the preliminary estimate. I record all business related phone calls. Once Hagerty shipped the car to Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale, the body shop manager changed his tune. He now has the repair bill at $54,708.42 and told me today that it is not a monitary total as far as Hagerty is concerned. I again told him that there is damage to the driver's leather seat from the broken glass and that the air conditioning stopped working properly. He stated that Hagerty would not pay for those items but that he would include those items for me at no charge. The body shop manager told me two days ago that the adjuster for Hagerty was a great big jerk and that he was attempting to convince the body shop to not include certain items. I have the feeling that Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale lied to me, to get me to agree to shipping them the car. I also get the feeling that Hagerty and this guy at Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale had a conversation and came to the conclusion that they both benefit from the 360 being repaired. What about me???? I lose here. I get a car back that loses 30K in resale value and more importantly, a car that in my opinion is a liability on the road. This is just wrong.... All your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Maresca360
post #18 of 22 Old 09-26-2011, 07:20 PM
Owner

If you have a cash policy - take the money and sell the car ... my guess is you will come out ahead.

2nd choice - hire a private adjuster they charge 5-10% but are worth it.

Wanna get nasty? Tell the guy who said he would cover the "extra" items at no charge he committed fraud and you no longer trust him or the dealership to act in good faith. If he will screw an insurance company imagine what he will do to you.

Have the car shipped to another dealer and start over.

Bummer all around - but you do have choices.
post #19 of 22 Old 09-26-2011, 08:09 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 220
That sucks ....

Hope you get it all worked out.

Bill
post #20 of 22 Old 09-26-2011, 08:38 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
*If* you end up getting it back and want to explore the repair route again... there's a local shop here in Kennesaw/Marietta that does great work on exotics. Magnum Collision Repair Center
You may not need it, but it's an option. Good Luck!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode