360 spider: red/tan manual or triple black f1? 100,000m service? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 06-25-2011, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 20
360 spider: red/tan manual or triple black f1? 100,000m service?

I've recently had the pleasure of test-driving several 360 spiders in consideration of my first fcar, and I'm torn between 2 semifinalists. Initially, I was quite certain that a red/tan manual box was the configuration of choice, and I was skeptical of the 360 f1 setup (never having driven one). I then drove a few including pre and post 2003 cars, and I studied the threads pertaining to stick vs f1 and maximizing the performance and durability of the 360 f1 clutch - awesome discussions that are worth a looking at again... The last test, during which I was able to explore the 2nd generation, well maintained and heavily optioned f1 triple black car, was extremely rewarding. I felt relaxed but wholly engaged with the car, and the ability to keep both hands on the wheel and experience complete and sustained feedback was both reassuring and exhilirating. The red/tan manual, a totally stock earlier model daily driver with <15k miles, was just as engaging and evocative as the f1, just in a beautifully different way. I live in a hilly, open countryside with scant traffic and close access to uncongested freeways, so I'm certain either car will deliver big noises and bigger smiles. I have one PPI completed and another pending, as any potentially unrecognized major issues will eliminate that car unless as agreement can be made. I have heard from some enthusiasts that a ten year old 360 modena requires a 100,000 mile service, irrespective of the mileage. This major milestone service, Ive read, may cost 10-30k. Is this maintenance a must assuming the ten year old car has undergone the appropriate interventions at the recommended intervals? If so, what does the service entail, and is an SD2 necessary? If both cars come back well-sorted, I'm hoping I wont have to flip a coin, as Im driving my family crazy. Either way, I'll be getting into a wonderful car. Thanks in advance for any information or suggestions,

cheers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode