360 JUST arrived today! Dead Battery.... - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 05-16-2011, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 89
360 JUST arrived today! Dead Battery....

Well, I made the GIANT leap and became a Ferrari owner, after many years of shopping for exactly what I was looking for (red 6 speed tan interior)! Car just arrived today and was unloaded from transporter (I used BAM, good guys). Very nice feeling. I look forward to joining in your discussions. I am long time Maserati Owner and have enjoyed my time on Maserati Life.

The start of my ownership came with a surprise. When car rolled off, no juice. No lights, no start, no nothing! I called Exotic Car shop where I bought it and they said the battery should be fine. I believe them since I had it sent to a Ferrari dealer last week for full PPI and was fine. He said could be something with alarm not permitting any juice and that I need to press alarm button on fob before starting. I sat inside it and pressed the alarm key but nothing. So I went through the painful task of accessing battery (did not come with trunk charger), disconnected it and put a charger on. Put everything back together, got in car and nothing. Argh. I did see a red light come on above the stereo.....

Do I need to reset something since battery was disonnected? Any other ideas? Any help you can provide would be much appreciated. I will post pics once I get things in order.

Thanks again and I look forward to contributing to this community!

Jim
Houston, TX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 05-16-2011, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Got it started

No worries, I got it started. Just needed a longer charge than I had expected. Hopefully it is a one-time thing. We'll see. Now I just need to figure out how to bypass the stereo code. I will contact shop where I bought it and hope they have the code. I guess disconnecting the battery means need to enter a code on stereo. No biggie....

Take care ya'll.
post #3 of 16 Old 05-16-2011, 10:22 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Suggest you get a battery conditioner and keep it attached when ever you are not using the car. It will help prevent a lot of electrical headaches.

post #4 of 16 Old 05-17-2011, 02:21 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Congrats Jim,
Some pictures please! Safe driving in you new toy.

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #5 of 16 Old 05-17-2011, 02:59 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 177
Pic's! ????

There is nothing like a Ferrari, there never has been and never will be!
post #6 of 16 Old 05-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
One thing for certain: DO NOT JUMP START THAT CAR!!! Always charge the battery and then start it.

keep a conditioner, or drive it min. of once a week for at least 1/2-1hr.

ok, now this thread is useless without pics.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #7 of 16 Old 05-17-2011, 10:11 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,197
Congrats Jim, I'm a Houston 550 owner. Not many other Houstonians here (yet).

If you're looking for an independent shop to work on your car, you might give Mark Darragh at Sphere Motorsports a call. My 550 is there now for a few things, and while it's not yet finished, Mark's saying all the right things. He was highly recommended by several local owners, so I decided to try him.

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
post #8 of 16 Old 05-23-2011, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Thanks cribbj

Many thanks Cribbj. I appreciate the tip on a local shop as I am not a big fan of our dealer here. Good guys but whenever I take my Maserati there it seems to stay there forever!
post #9 of 16 Old 05-23-2011, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Owner

The First Pics....

Not the best as they were taken first day after work at dusk. But you guys know what these cars look like! :-)

More on way in coming weeks once I get everything in order....

Thanks again for your help!
Attached Images

post #10 of 16 Old 10-02-2011, 06:36 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 7
You have have the radio code on a card in the leather pouch containing the manuals.
post #11 of 16 Old 10-04-2011, 10:30 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCarNut View Post
Not the best as they were taken first day after work at dusk. But you guys know what these cars look like! :-)

More on way in coming weeks once I get everything in order....

Thanks again for your help!
Absolutely gorgeous brother!
post #12 of 16 Old 10-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
That's a great looking car - the 360 Spider keeps getting better and better.
post #13 of 16 Old 10-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 11
Beautiful! Enjoy.
post #14 of 16 Old 10-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 72
I just don't get tired of looking at 360s. That is an f-ing beautiful one! Just wow. Love the rims on that car (somehow that might be the first time I've seen those "modulars" on a 360 - so used to the starfish or Challenge wheels typically).

Oh, I had a "nightmare" with battery/"didn't know how to use the alarm" when I got my CS. It was hysterical in retrospect. Terrifying at the time. The truck dropped the car off right on the side (very narrow shoulder) of a major 4 lane road near the front of my housing development (outside the gate)...and....the truck driver says "we all good here". I look at the car and say "sure". He departs. I jump in and crank it. No dice. Crowd builds. Keep trying. No dice. Crap. Run back to my house. Jump on ferrarichat and beg for help. Instantly get some telling me about the little secret about having to hit the alarm within a few seconds of attempting to start. Good grief. Run back to front of housing development hoping the car hasn't been t-boned by someone going by at 50+mph on the road as it partially sticks out into the roadway. Sweating now. Get it started. Crowd cheers. I drive it home with my tail between my legs and put it in the garage and close the door (quickly). Get a beer and say to myself "Welcome to Ferrari ownership dumbass!".
post #15 of 16 Old 10-29-2011, 01:09 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
AI- It is great to see you here on Ferrari Life. You have a lot to contribute, so looking forward to your future participation.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #16 of 16 Old 10-29-2011, 11:21 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonaitalian View Post
Oh, I had a "nightmare" with battery/"didn't know how to use the alarm" when I got my CS. It was hysterical in retrospect. Terrifying at the time. The truck dropped the car off right on the side (very narrow shoulder) of a major 4 lane road near the front of my housing development (outside the gate)...and....the truck driver says "we all good here". I look at the car and say "sure". He departs. I jump in and crank it. No dice. Crowd builds. Keep trying. No dice. Crap. Run back to my house. Jump on ferrarichat and beg for help. Instantly get some telling me about the little secret about having to hit the alarm within a few seconds of attempting to start. Good grief. Run back to front of housing development hoping the car hasn't been t-boned by someone going by at 50+mph on the road as it partially sticks out into the roadway. Sweating now. Get it started. Crowd cheers. I drive it home with my tail between my legs and put it in the garage and close the door (quickly). Get a beer and say to myself "Welcome to Ferrari ownership dumbass!".
Good story...had a similar experience when I got my first Ferrari - a F355 GTS. Picked it up in Brussels and immediately drove south down into France. After about 2 hours stopped for gas. Filled the car up, paid, got back in and tried to start it........nothing....5 minutes later I had 20 people looking at the fool in his new Ferrari. 3 tries later finally got the dealer on the phone and he explained the alarm proceedure and how it auto sets within 2 minutes of the car being switched off. Boy did I feel stupid.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode