F430 warranty issue - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-12-2011, 04:17 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 65
F430 warranty issue

Hi,

Has anyone any experience with the following two issues, both of which my dealer are telling me are only covered up to 3 years, even though my car has extended warranty to 4 years. (im looking at extending this further too).

The vehicle has less than 3000 miles on the clock and is a Sept 2007 car.

Issue 1: peeling black protection/paint on the inside of the door shuts, and under the luggage compartment.

Issue 2: moisture inside the headlamps - at least one of these now has a run mark inside where the moisture has built up and run down the inside of the glass.

Neither of these are what I would call major problems, but are certainly unsightly, and not what I would expect from any car with these mileage levels never mind a Ferrari.

My dealer has advised they will see what they can do, but Im wondering if there is anyone else who has suffered these issues and whether they were resolved to their satisfaction.

To be honest, the peeling protective coat looks like it will just peel again anyway, so Im thinking if nothing can be done, I just get those areas vinyl wrapped.

The headlights I dont know what can be done - if there wast the mark in there then probably a silica gel back and airtight plastic bag over the headlamp for a few days may sort it, is there any way into the headlamp housing to resolve this in a DIY fashion if the dealers cant resolve this?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-12-2011, 09:46 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,197
I do have a moisture prob. in one of the cars, and your solution sounds about what I've heard. Remove the moisture, then reseal.

I have not truly addressed the issue yet, but may this Summer.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #3 of 7 Old 05-15-2011, 01:24 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
I would expect Ferrari/the Dealer to sort both at a minimum on a "goodwill" basis. Both issues are close to the warrantee time and simply should not have occurred.

post #4 of 7 Old 05-16-2011, 09:07 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 247
I had the paint problem and they fixed it, but it was within the 3 year period. Apparently they had problems with the pain on the 07 model year. I'd get a little more serious with them, since you aren't the only one with that problem. Your deal could get this done for you, but some of them are pretty tight.

Art
post #5 of 7 Old 04-08-2012, 07:36 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by chesterfield View Post
Hi,

Has anyone any experience with the following two issues, both of which my dealer are telling me are only covered up to 3 years, even though my car has extended warranty to 4 years. (im looking at extending this further too).

The vehicle has less than 3000 miles on the clock and is a Sept 2007 car.

Issue 1: peeling black protection/paint on the inside of the door shuts, and under the luggage compartment.

Issue 2: moisture inside the headlamps - at least one of these now has a run mark inside where the moisture has built up and run down the inside of the glass.

Neither of these are what I would call major problems, but are certainly unsightly, and not what I would expect from any car with these mileage levels never mind a Ferrari.

My dealer has advised they will see what they can do, but Im wondering if there is anyone else who has suffered these issues and whether they were resolved to their satisfaction.

To be honest, the peeling protective coat looks like it will just peel again anyway, so Im thinking if nothing can be done, I just get those areas vinyl wrapped.

The headlights I dont know what can be done - if there wast the mark in there then probably a silica gel back and airtight plastic bag over the headlamp for a few days may sort it, is there any way into the headlamp housing to resolve this in a DIY fashion if the dealers cant resolve this?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris.

Chris how did it turn out?

I know my headlamps were replaced under warranty - just now entering a similar situation.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-08-2012, 08:37 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,859
Doug- You can pull the headlight bulb assembly and dry the area out with a hair dryer, switching to no heat on the dryer after the moisture disappears so you bring everything back to ambient temperature.

Stef has a thread in here (probably in his F430 book below) of how to do it with dessicants, too, if you want to go that route.

Funny, with humidity at 5% one day last week, does not seem to be a problem here.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-08-2012, 08:02 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Doug- You can pull the headlight bulb assembly and dry the area out with a hair dryer, switching to no heat on the dryer after the moisture disappears so you bring everything back to ambient temperature.

Stef has a thread in here (probably in his F430 book below) of how to do it with dessicants, too, if you want to go that route.

Funny, with humidity at 5% one day last week, does not seem to be a problem here.
Terry headlights are all good - was referencing the warranty is about to expire and hoping FNA steps up.

Stef's thread is a great read - you guys are an incredible asset.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode