360 Exhaust note - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-18-2011, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 108
360 Exhaust note

Hi. I'm a newbie. Just taking delivery of my first Prancing Horse. After searching high and low, we finally settled down for a 360 Spider. She is a manual (a rare find in my city), a 2002 make, in blue pozzi (also a v rare colour). The previous owners have taken good care of her and kept her 'original'. This is why we are in two minds in changing the exhaust note. The original note is low key, and only gets fiery in 2nd gear and 2nd to 3rd.

I was wondering if this panel of 360 owners/lovers could walk me through (a) the pros/ cons of keeping it 'original', and (b) the comparisons between tubi's, capristo's, or any other exhausts recommended for 360's V8? Many thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-22-2011, 08:30 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 121
Unfortunately exhaust notes are like music, subjective to the listener. I sell both of the sytems you mention, of which there are several variants relating to noise output. My advice to you is to join a Ferrari club and get along to a meet and hear them for yourself. Get on youtube, there are plenty on there to hear too. A simple way to see if you can live with a mild sports exhaust would be to disconnect your bypass valves. I'm sure there's a tech thread on here somewhere on how to do it, it takes about twenty seconds! If not message me and I'll let you know how to do it
post #3 of 3 Old 04-22-2011, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 108
Thanks. Just joined a FOC in my city. Will keep my ears open. I'm not rushing into changing the exhaust note. Nothing like listening to it live. Youtube provides the differentials but don't think it is the same. Cheers.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode