What is the best replacement for the Becker audio in my 360? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 04-13-2011, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 24
What is the best replacement for the Becker audio in my 360?

I had a Dension ipod adapter but that won't work with my iphone.
I hope I can get a drop in upgrade with ipod/iphone support.
Beyond that bluetooth and sat/nav would be nice but not required.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 04-13-2011, 08:49 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
You can get all those functions and more but since you have only 1 DIN, you will need two units.

Clarion makes the best systems now, so the deck will be a VZ401 with flip screen that turns into a 2 DIN for viewing NAV. But the Nav system (black box) will have to be hidden its NP401.

Direct fit, when you dont want the screen out, press a button, and it goes back in the deck by itself. I have one, my 3rd model for the last 10 years and they have all been amazing.

I also have Sirius and a backup camera on it. Im assuming you dont know how to replace this since you are asking. So be careful where you go to get this done. Doesn't mean because you have a Ferrari and can pay to have this done that the installer will do an awesome job. My 348 could have caught fire at any time because all my wires were uncovered by what I was told a reputable shop who did the install prior to my ownership.

Head Unit

Clarion Canada | VZ401

Nav Black box

Clarion Canada | NP401

Install time, no more than 2-3 hours using existing wires for speakers and power

~

Mario

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari
post #3 of 13 Old 04-17-2011, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 24
Where does the GPS antenna live?

If the unit is under the dash.

post #4 of 13 Old 04-18-2011, 02:43 AM
nhw

Ferrari Life Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitby View Post
If the unit is under the dash.
Most likely it has a cabled patch antenna, usually externally mounted by magnetic attachment.
post #5 of 13 Old 04-18-2011, 12:44 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 111
Best replacement for your audio system? A Tubi, of course.
post #6 of 13 Old 04-19-2011, 09:51 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,203
Bit off topic : Sorry for the hijack

But Germane IMO.....[am I being oxymoronic].

I have recently jerked out all the audio [email protected] the previous owner spent [I kid you not] $14,000 installing.
Junk:
- Custom imbed phone antennas,
- custom imbed sat antennas
- custom BOOM BOX IN LEATHER taking up half my trunk
- custom installed with leather radio, new interior speakers to re-do the lining rear shelf etc.
- imbed front/rear RADAR detector
- Ipod thingie in the glove box
- remote controls
- 6 CD changer and custom amps and junk
- wiring, panels, and a load of other [email protected] like remote alarm with door locks and trunk opener

I'm surprised he didn't gild the wheels in gold and put a bimbo chain on the rear-view: Quoted almost $3,500 to put back to stock, got a good friend for just a hair less.

car now STARTS with no logic issues, and I use the key to lock from door and all is well...
no Radio, no nothing: OLD SCHOOL

….left the speakers though.

My EVO 4g has web/net radio and I love it as that's all I'll need .. throw in something like Pandora and good to go...honestly, as this car is a daily driver 4/7 times per week, I will drive with the windows down and the air on hot/cold blasting as needed. Rather hear the engine than some other noise....rain or shine.

SO, now, there are times I want the Traffic, and some news if something important is happening.

Anyone, [I haven't explored this yet but know there is something out there] know of a simple amp that can plug into the EVO jack, boost the output thru the interior speakers and that's it: I hate iPods or i-Apple anything as they are restrictive, so just EVO for now.

I want to boost my lousy speaker on the EVO into the car's speakers. Thinking with equip, install, and out the door for about $500 +/-.

Anyone got a suggestion on what I may ask for or should ask for .. NO Radio or CD, 8-track, cassette . or etc. needed.

Anyone done this?

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #7 of 13 Old 04-19-2011, 11:27 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granucci View Post
But Germane IMO.....[am I being oxymoronic].

I have recently jerked out all the audio [email protected] the previous owner spent [I kid you not] $14,000 installing.
Junk:
- Custom imbed phone antennas,
- custom imbed sat antennas
- custom BOOM BOX IN LEATHER taking up half my trunk
- custom installed with leather radio, new interior speakers to re-do the lining rear shelf etc.
- imbed front/rear RADAR detector
- Ipod thingie in the glove box
- remote controls
- 6 CD changer and custom amps and junk
- wiring, panels, and a load of other [email protected] like remote alarm with door locks and trunk opener

I'm surprised he didn't gild the wheels in gold and put a bimbo chain on the rear-view: Quoted almost $3,500 to put back to stock, got a good friend for just a hair less.

car now STARTS with no logic issues, and I use the key to lock from door and all is well...
no Radio, no nothing: OLD SCHOOL

….left the speakers though.

My EVO 4g has web/net radio and I love it as that's all I'll need .. throw in something like Pandora and good to go...honestly, as this car is a daily driver 4/7 times per week, I will drive with the windows down and the air on hot/cold blasting as needed. Rather hear the engine than some other noise....rain or shine.

SO, now, there are times I want the Traffic, and some news if something important is happening.

Anyone, [I haven't explored this yet but know there is something out there] know of a simple amp that can plug into the EVO jack, boost the output thru the interior speakers and that's it: I hate iPods or i-Apple anything as they are restrictive, so just EVO for now.

I want to boost my lousy speaker on the EVO into the car's speakers. Thinking with equip, install, and out the door for about $500 +/-.

Anyone got a suggestion on what I may ask for or should ask for .. NO Radio or CD, 8-track, cassette . or etc. needed.

Anyone done this?
You need a radio to be the interface for your EVO 4g or any handheld unit for that matter....

~

Mario

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari
post #8 of 13 Old 04-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,206
Rik, if you can live with having an amp permanently mounted in the car, then this little gizmo looks pretty interesting to do the rest: Amazon.com: Miccus BluBridge mini-jack Rx: Portable, Bluetooth Music Receiver with Stereo Output (1/8-Inch) for Home and Auto systems: Electronics

It's a Bluetooth bridge that lets you connect your EVO phone to the amplifier. Pretty cool and it's getting good reviews on Amazon. One reviewer used it with his EVO 4G phone.

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
post #9 of 13 Old 04-22-2011, 03:17 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum6464 View Post
You need a radio to be the interface for your EVO 4g or any handheld unit for that matter....

~

Mario
thanks: The EVO has a couple of RADIO app that work enough for my needs. Just need a mini-jack to an amp that goes into the existing speaker system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cribbj View Post
Rik, if you can live with having an amp permanently mounted in the car, then this little gizmo looks pretty interesting to do the rest: Amazon.com: Miccus BluBridge mini-jack Rx: Portable, Bluetooth Music Receiver with Stereo Output (1/8-Inch) for Home and Auto systems: Electronics

It's a Bluetooth bridge that lets you connect your EVO phone to the amplifier. Pretty cool and it's getting good reviews on Amazon. One reviewer used it with his EVO 4G phone.
Interesting: I like wireless items a lot. Will have to explore this. However, I am not certain I entirely undestand it. IT seems to be receiveing the input signal, wirelessly from my EVO and then I'm not sure. It would need to transmit to another output device to the speakers and from what I'm seeing it needs like a RADIO to do that.

Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
post #10 of 13 Old 04-22-2011, 05:00 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granucci View Post
Interesting: I like wireless items a lot. Will have to explore this. However, I am not certain I entirely undestand it. IT seems to be receiveing the input signal, wirelessly from my EVO and then I'm not sure. It would need to transmit to another output device to the speakers and from what I'm seeing it needs like a RADIO to do that.
You'll either need a radio as Mario said, or just a simple amplifier. If the EVO is going to be your only source, you might consider just putting in an amp.

Then your EVO will output to this bridge dohickey via Bluetooth, and the bridge will output to the amp via a cable. Both the bridge and the amp would be installed and concealed somewhere in the car.

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
post #11 of 13 Old 04-29-2011, 11:36 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
http://beckerautosound.com/plug_play_ferrari_upgrade.html

this is what we can do for you guys looking to repair or replace your radios
post #12 of 13 Old 04-29-2011, 03:19 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cribbj View Post
You'll either need a radio as Mario said, or just a simple amplifier. If the EVO is going to be your only source, you might consider just putting in an amp.

Then your EVO will output to this bridge dohickey via Bluetooth, and the bridge will output to the amp via a cable. Both the bridge and the amp would be installed and concealed somewhere in the car.

Got it. I have two leftover amps. a Ferrari OEM and the one someone else put in which I'm guessing is a bit better.

Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
post #13 of 13 Old 05-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,627
Here's what to do
Attached Images

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version