Change f430 interior color to black? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-03-2011, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Change f430 interior color to black?

Thinking about changing the interior color on a 2006 430 from tan to black. Exterior is silver.

1) where can I get black daytona electric seats
2) can an interior shop do the door panels, windshield pillars and other pieces as well as stock from factory
3) could this affect the car's value negatively.
4) am I crazy?

Anyone have experience redoing an interior like this? Approximate cost?

Thanks
Ch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeraz View Post
Thinking about changing the interior color on a 2006 430 from tan to black. Exterior is silver.

1) where can I get black daytona electric seats
2) can an interior shop do the door panels, windshield pillars and other pieces as well as stock from factory
3) could this affect the car's value negatively.
4) am I crazy?

Anyone have experience redoing an interior like this? Approximate cost?

Thanks
Ch
Of course you should have black Daytona seats if that's what you want! I suspect the waiting list is going to be long and the price is going to be high. 1)Have your dealer ask Ferrari and 2)have the dealer source a pro upholstery firm for the doors to provide a quotation. Sum it all up, conclude and make a decision! You can use your old chairs at home or sell them to an interior decoration firm.
3)The value for you is increased by exactly the amount you will pay for the seats and the upholstery work. The value for the next owner: First of all: F4ck the next owner! You are doing this for yourself, for your own joy. Secondly: I would be suprised if an upgrade should affect the resale price negatively in a substantial way considering it is a mainstream Ferrari model and it is an upgrade.
4) I would have to hang out with you for a while to know if you are indeed crazy. From what you are describing I see you as an excentric kind of guy who wants to make an easthetically right transformation on your nice Ferrari. Besides, colourwise and designwise, I think you're doing the right thing so go crazy!

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.

Last edited by il Capolino; 04-03-2011 at 05:40 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 14
Amazing response! It sounds like a big expense and depending on which shade of tan you have, I prefer tan interior with almost any exterior color myself. The dark or medium tan is my favorite... It makes the car look more luxurious while the black interior gives it a more sporty feel but also makes the inside cockpit appear smaller and more condensed in my opinion. Dark colors do that. Silver with tan looks very classy euro exotic, but at the end of the day you're the one who has to love it!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode