F430 - My first F-car - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 09-28-2010, 01:36 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,075
F430 - My first F-car

Always wanted to own one of these beautiful ponies but never dared to dream due to the ridiculous cost of actually owning one where I live. Just as the passion I shared for my M6 started to wither, I decided the bite the bullet, took the plunge and wrote a cheque to the dealer today for an F430 F1, rosso scud with tan interior. Will be swapping the headunit out for a pioneer set with night vision reverse camera and the lot.

Had the chance to test drive the car as well. Couldn't wipe that smile off my face. I felt so little in the presence of the car. It was as if I was getting in a real car for the very first time. The nervousness, the tension...words can't express what my heart and mind went through during the brief encounter. The way the engine roared into life at the press of the button, its just amazing. Now I know what its like to own a real car.

I'll take delivery this Saturday after it gets detailed at the dealer. This is going to be a long couple of days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-28-2010, 04:31 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 123
Wow....congrats! You clearly have great taste!

Don't forget to post up some pics when you get her home!!!

"Monica" F430 Spider (Sexy Curvy & Italian)
post #3 of 12 Old 09-28-2010, 04:46 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Congrats. now you know the passion. It truly is a different car.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 12 Old 09-28-2010, 05:00 AM
Master Mechanic

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,219
Excellent choice, welcome to the gang! The 430 is a serious car to drive, you'll enjoy owning it for a long time.

post #5 of 12 Old 09-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Congrats and welcome to Ferrari Life.
post #6 of 12 Old 09-29-2010, 04:35 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
Welcome!

You have bought a car which will change your life. It is that good, congrats!

Capo

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.
post #7 of 12 Old 09-30-2010, 01:33 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Congrats. Look forward to some pics and hearing about the experience.

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #8 of 12 Old 10-03-2010, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Thanks guys, it has definitely changed my life. Now I know what I've been missing out on all this while. She sure is a looker. I'm waiting for my stormproof covers to arrive in the mail. Driving experience-wise, she is definitely not the refined Grand Tourer that I used to have in the M6....she's gives me a hell lot more of road feel, be it feedback through the steering wheel or the symphony from all eight trumpets bellowing at 6500 revs. And that at Sports mode only. Haven't had the chance to try out Race mode. I was comparing this will the Gallardo but jumped on the F430 coz she's more of a looker, with sexy lines, bold curves and a great racing heritage. She may not have as many horses as the Gallardo, but those pony emblems all round make up for what she lacks. Scuderia shields fitted from factory also look fantastic. I spent the first night sitting in my car porch (sheltered, got it specially built before she arrived) sipping a glass of wine whilst she cooled her engine down. There was a heavy downpour during second night, at 3.30am, I got up and spent the remaining couple of hours sitting beside her just to make sure non of the rain drops mess up the paintwork. Thank god the M6 car cover fits the F430. Thats whats going to protect her from our harsh climate till the Stormproof cover arrives.

I love her so much. She's a keeper.

I'll pot pix once I download them from my SLR. Thanks guys.
post #9 of 12 Old 10-04-2010, 01:13 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 65
I know exactly how you feel. My F430 is also my first F car. Its taken me a while to reach the stage where I can afford to own and run one, and all the hard work is worth it.

I also considered the Gallardo, and yes, that has 4wd, more power, is on paper quicker, but I couldn't tear myself away from the Ferrari brand. Its something Ive had in my mind since being a boy. The Ferrari brand/badge just generates all sorts of images and emotion.

As coicidence woul have it, my neighbour recently bought an Lp560 roadster. It certainly sounds nice - dare I say it better than the 430, and no doubt its faster. But would I swap I asked myself, and given the choice of the two, no, I wouldn't.

I would certainly own one in addition to the F430, but no way would I swap. Perhaps once I have had a year or two with the 430, then yes I may try something different. But right now, Id still take my own keys out of the bowl thanks.

PS on a sound point of view, the chap across the road who has a Masserati 4.7 GT beats both myself and the neighbour when it comes to a pure sound contest. Im hoping tubi for the 430 will get me somewhere near that sound. It makes me tingle
post #10 of 12 Old 10-04-2010, 02:17 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by chesterfield View Post
I know exactly how you feel. My F430 is also my first F car. Its taken me a while to reach the stage where I can afford to own and run one, and all the hard work is worth it.

I also considered the Gallardo, and yes, that has 4wd, more power, is on paper quicker, but I couldn't tear myself away from the Ferrari brand. Its something Ive had in my mind since being a boy. The Ferrari brand/badge just generates all sorts of images and emotion.

As coicidence woul have it, my neighbour recently bought an Lp560 roadster. It certainly sounds nice - dare I say it better than the 430, and no doubt its faster. But would I swap I asked myself, and given the choice of the two, no, I wouldn't.

I would certainly own one in addition to the F430, but no way would I swap. Perhaps once I have had a year or two with the 430, then yes I may try something different. But right now, Id still take my own keys out of the bowl thanks.

PS on a sound point of view, the chap across the road who has a Masserati 4.7 GT beats both myself and the neighbour when it comes to a pure sound contest. Im hoping tubi for the 430 will get me somewhere near that sound. It makes me tingle
+1
I would gladly own one of the beautifully sounding Lambo V10:s as a winter car but never at the cost of my beloved F430!

Regarding the Maser, I am afraid your F430 will not come very close to sounding similar since the F430 has a flat crank. The Maser has a traditional 90 degree crank shaft. Nevertheless, Nothing beats the sound of a flat crank Ferrari with a good after market exhaust!

Take care!
Capo

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.
post #11 of 12 Old 10-04-2010, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Owner

I'm thinking Capristo dual sound with wireless valve control for my F430.

Check this one out....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZWSfWmXCZU
post #12 of 12 Old 11-02-2010, 11:56 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Congrats and welcome! I remember when I first got mine I couldnt stop smiling and still cant stop.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode