Front Challenge Grills??? - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 09-27-2010, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Mighty Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Ferrari Life Posts: 123
Front Challenge Grills???

Anyone replace the stock "Eggcrate" grills for the Challenge Stradale grills on the 360? Better yet, do you have pics?
Thinking of changing them on my Modena, but I understand that there is second part that fits just behind the Challenge grill/screen to kinda sandwich it all together. Anyone have experience with this?

Joe

"Monica" F430 Spider (Sexy Curvy & Italian)
Mighty Joe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 Old 10-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Owner
 
Sled Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Stokesdale, NC
Ferrari Life Posts: 50
I installed a set of Challenge front grills on my 360 a couple months ago to match the Challenge rear grill installed by the previous owner.

There is a spacer behind the grills called............

R/H frame P/N 66307300
L/H frame P/N 66307400

They overlap the air inlet box (shroud) for the radiators.

The stock "egg crate" grills are deep enough to not require the spacer "Frame" (It's built in).

Since the Challenge grill is much thinner there will be a gap between the bumper opening & the radiator shroud.

The reproduction Challenge grill manufacture on eBay states that they are not necessary.

I felt Ferrari knows better & purchased the frames with my OEM Grills.


I paid approx $1k for the whole set.


Not sure a pic would help much since everything is black & blends in & the grill would block much of the view............



"M"

Last edited by Sled Driver; 10-01-2010 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Font to BIG
Sled Driver is offline  
post #3 of 16 Old 10-02-2010, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Mighty Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Ferrari Life Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sled Driver View Post
I installed a set of Challenge front grills on my 360 a couple months ago to match the Challenge rear grill installed by the previous owner.

There is a spacer behind the grills called............

R/H frame P/N 66307300
L/H frame P/N 66307400

They overlap the air inlet box (shroud) for the radiators.

The stock "egg crate" grills are deep enough to not require the spacer "Frame" (It's built in).

Since the Challenge grill is much thinner there will be a gap between the bumper opening & the radiator shroud.

The reproduction Challenge grill manufacture on eBay states that they are not necessary.

I felt Ferrari knows better & purchased the frames with my OEM Grills.


I paid approx $1k for the whole set.


Not sure a pic would help much since everything is black & blends in & the grill would block much of the view............



"M"
Sled,

You are correct regarding the price! I've been researching via the dealer since I decided to make that change. However, for now I have found a set of Challenge wheels. Gonna put those on my 360 first (hopefully this week). I will post pics when done!

Joe

"Monica" F430 Spider (Sexy Curvy & Italian)
Mighty Joe is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 Old 10-03-2010, 12:46 AM
Owner
 
Fiorano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Joe, a mate of mine sourced a very well priced front challenge grill set. I'll dig out his email early next week and put the details up.
Fiorano is offline  
post #5 of 16 Old 10-03-2010, 03:43 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Even more important than a front challenge grill is to have a rear challenge grill fitted. Makes a huge difference in terms of engine heat venting.
Boxer is offline  
post #6 of 16 Old 10-03-2010, 06:01 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Mighty Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Ferrari Life Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Even more important than a front challenge grill is to have a rear challenge grill fitted. Makes a huge difference in terms of engine heat venting.
Yes, I have the Rear Challenge grill. It sure gets hot back there. I wonder if I'm not alone that when I get home from a long or spirited drive I open the backhood and let 'er cool a bit easier?

"Monica" F430 Spider (Sexy Curvy & Italian)
Mighty Joe is offline  
post #7 of 16 Old 10-03-2010, 08:06 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Joe View Post
Yes, I have the Rear Challenge grill. It sure gets hot back there. I wonder if I'm not alone that when I get home from a long or spirited drive I open the backhood and let 'er cool a bit easier?
I would do the same. Open it up and let it vent off heat for an hour.
Boxer is offline  
post #8 of 16 Old 11-08-2012, 12:04 AM
Owner
 
Fiorano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Joe, a mate of mine sourced a very well priced front challenge grill set. I'll dig out his email early next week and put the details up.
More than 2 years since I wrote the above I finally got my finger out and bought a set of front and rear challenge grills...

Can anyone point me in the right direction for instructions on installing both? (Preferably instructions for a complete dummy)

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
Fiorano is offline  
post #9 of 16 Old 11-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Owner
 
Fiorano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Rear challenge grill now installed.

Will start on the front ones some evening this week.

Anybody got any instructions or advice on how to fit front challenge grills on a 360???

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
Fiorano is offline  
post #10 of 16 Old 08-23-2013, 01:09 AM
Owner
 
hotthreesixty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Ferrari Life Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post



Anybody got any instructions or advice on how to fit front challenge grills on a 360???
Anybody? lol
hotthreesixty is offline  
post #11 of 16 Old 08-27-2013, 05:08 PM
 
Jimmy540i.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles / New York
Ferrari Life Posts: 213
I have an aftermarket front challenge grill on my red 360, see MODIFICATIONS #3 here:
FERRARI 360 MODENA @ (www.Jimmy540i.com)



My 360 comes with OEM front challenge grill:

http://www.jimmy540i.com/ferrari2.htm



The aftermarket didn't look so bad at all. Hope this helps.
Jimmy540i.com is offline  
post #12 of 16 Old 02-09-2014, 05:28 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Ferrari Life Posts: 3
So do the aftermarket grills need spacers or not? I'm interested in doing this to my car as well, just becuase I feel it fits the front of the car better than the slats.
ferraristyle1 is offline  
post #13 of 16 Old 02-09-2014, 05:58 AM
Owner
 
575er's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ireland
Ferrari Life Posts: 624
Yes they do. I recently got a set of reproduction CS grills and the spacers from ProSport in the UK and you do need the spacers to fit them. They look for all money like the OEM items once installed, especially on a Nero 360 like mine.

I will get a photo this week once the car is off the rack and back on the ground.

Cheers
Michael

Current Fcars: 360 Modena
Gone but not forgotten: 360 Spider, 575M, F430.
Other stuff: '71 Holden GTS Monaro, '80 BMW Alpina B9, '74 Porsche Targa, Caterham, MB CL500, Land Rover Discovery.
575er is offline  
post #14 of 16 Old 03-02-2014, 06:35 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Ferrari Life Posts: 13
360 Grills

I got mine off ProSport in the UK too. I didn't fit the spacers and it looked fine. Someone posted up that with some care you can cut (using heat) the existing grills to make a frame. I didn't bother and it looked fine. You really have t know the difference to see anything. Most people don't.

John Stewart
F430 Spider F1
Solihull
UK
johnjstewart is offline  
post #15 of 16 Old 03-21-2014, 03:22 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Ferrari Life Posts: 9
I have a full set of genuine Ferrari front challenge grill and frame for sale. They are wrapped in Ferrari packaging never opened. Cost me $1350 and just looking to cover the cost for $1000

Pm me if interested.

Last edited by Abyss; 03-21-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Abyss is offline  
post #16 of 16 Old 03-21-2014, 03:29 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Ferrari Life Posts: 9








Abyss is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale