Reasonable price for 6-Speed 360 Spider??? Looking to buy.... - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 09-19-2010, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 89
Reasonable price for 6-Speed 360 Spider??? Looking to buy....

I have been looking at various 6-speed 360 Spiders and have visited a couple. I prefer red/tan but open to sliver/black. What is a reasonable price I should expect to pay for a well kept 15k-25K mile, 2001-2004 Spider? Prices seem to vary a lot, depending how proud the owners are. Is there a big difference between the years? I'd appreciate your perspectives.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCarNut View Post
I have been looking at various 6-speed 360 Spiders and have visited a couple. I prefer red/tan but open to sliver/black. What is a reasonable price I should expect to pay for a well kept 15k-25K mile, 2001-2004 Spider? Prices seem to vary a lot, depending how proud the owners are. Is there a big difference between the years? I'd appreciate your perspectives.....
Have you checked FML for price guidence?
post #3 of 9 Old 09-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,337
Well... Given the mileage and year spread you mention, there will be quite a range of prices. I recommend you read the buyers guide first, then settle on a list of features that you want. That will help refine you market estimate. Also, talk to Mike Sheehan, he knows the market very well.

post #4 of 9 Old 09-22-2010, 01:42 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,397
The best price guide is yourself. Since there are plenty of 360's around, I would go and look at and drive as many as possible. Very quickly, you will know better than any guide out there on what you should be paying.

Your comment on "depending how proud the owners are" seems to indicate that owners can ask unreasonable prices. But this works both ways - buyers can also be unreasonable. In my opinion as an owner, I know where my cars stand in relation to the quality of what is for sale out there. Most people would think my asking price (if they were for sale) is too high. But the best cars are always more expensive to buy than you think, and cheaper in the long run than you think.

I personally do not haggle on Ferraris. I look for a good one that speaks to me, even if it takes a long time. This is not the right method for everyone, nor is it for every Ferrari (it is less applicable to volume cars like the 360). But nonetheless I would not waiver too far from it.

Best of luck, hope you find your dream car soon.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #5 of 9 Old 05-09-2011, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Thanks. I think I found what I am looking for and had a PPI done by Ferrari dealer. Red/Tan 2003 6 speed, 11k miles, excellent shape. Working on price as we speak. Wish me the best!
post #6 of 9 Old 05-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,203
This seems to have been quite a search from the last post: almost one year, which is good in that you didn't spring right into the first one that came along.

Also, found it interesting that a dealer did a PPI in today's scenario. Is it a F franchise type or private dealer.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #7 of 9 Old 05-09-2011, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Thanks. It has been very tough to find a red/tan 360 6-speed manual in good shape. VERY difficult. I found one, someone else beat me to the punch on Friday but then their financing fell through today. So the Exotic Car shop called me. Other guy did the PPI at the Ferrari dealer so I got a copy from Ferrari and also talked to the Ferrari service tech. They did find a few things (including timing belt) and are doing the work. Now negotiating price. Wish me luck!
post #8 of 9 Old 05-09-2011, 10:12 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Good luck, I think that as 360s age, the manuals are going to become more and more in demand................and finding good ones even more difficult.
post #9 of 9 Old 10-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,203
BUMP : Hey HoustonCarNut

ya' need to update your signature and this thread. Been too long having that 360 with no pics and updates to this

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode