Test drove a 360 Modena today! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 08-24-2010, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 123
Test drove a 360 Modena today!

Well guys.....and I know I'm preaching to the chior here! But I really enjoyed every second of it. Seriously considering making an offer.

A quick question though.
How much and/or what is involved in adding Tubi or Capristo exhaust? Are they just slip ons? what is involved in that process and approximate total price installed.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 08-24-2010, 07:59 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,627
Those units run $4K - $5K average and it's quite a job.

Rear bumper has to be removed as well.

It's pricey!

Look at a few others as well such X-OST, etc.

All Ferrai exhausts are pricey for no other reason then they can be!
post #3 of 14 Old 08-25-2010, 05:49 AM
Master Mechanic

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,219
There is a fair bit of time involved, but no surgery. These systems bolt right up.

These cars sound fantastic with a trick exhaust fitted. Be sure to have a look at the catalytic converters as well, including the pre-cats if this car has them. Replacing the headers with no pre-cat parts and switching out the main cats for hyper-flows help reduce the likely hood of cat related engine troubles down the road.

post #4 of 14 Old 08-25-2010, 10:10 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,627
Very good advice on Cats and headers.

Fabspeed makes a very good header setup that is a bolt-on and which bypasses the troublesome pre-cats on the 2000+ 360's!

An acquaintance installed one and notes very good advantages.
post #5 of 14 Old 08-25-2010, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Thanks for the replys! and the advice! BTW, is this something the dealers will commonly do?

MJ
post #6 of 14 Old 08-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Master Mechanic

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Joe View Post
Thanks for the replys! and the advice! BTW, is this something the dealers will commonly do?

MJ
What exactly are you referring to? Installing the exhaust or inspecting the cats?

No one commonly inspects the cats as preventative due to the amount of time it takes. This is generally only done if a problem is found or you're installing a new exhaust.

Most dealers have no problem installing after market exhausts.

post #7 of 14 Old 08-25-2010, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSofVirginia View Post
What exactly are you referring to? Installing the exhaust or inspecting the cats?

No one commonly inspects the cats as preventative due to the amount of time it takes. This is generally only done if a problem is found or you're installing a new exhaust.

Most dealers have no problem installing after market exhausts.
Thanks Josh...But in your opinion which of the many exhausts do you prefer for a 360???
post #8 of 14 Old 08-25-2010, 07:38 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
I had an ANSA system on my 360 berlinetta and it was sharp and racy but not too loud. I am quite fond of the Capristo systems though. You can get them with different sound levels and also with butterfly valves so you can go more silently as you go through your neighbourhood when returning home at night. The Capristo has a singing F1 sound which is very nice IMO. For my taste, I choose a slightly louder system for a berlinetta and a notch quieter for a spyder.

I suggest you listen to different systems on youtube to get an idea what kind of sound you prefer. Tubi:s are nice but they are IMO a bit too guttural instead of singing. It is all about personal taste but whatever you install, it will likely sound better than the original exhaust system.

I run Capristo on my 430 spyder and I am very happy with it.

Good luck!

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.
post #9 of 14 Old 08-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,337
In a runoff, I liked the sound of the Tubi best. But my car came with the Ferrari Sport exhaust as an original option. To me it sounds great, and I wouldn't think of trading it, even for a Tubi.
post #10 of 14 Old 08-26-2010, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Wow, I youtubed this to death....hard choice to make. But I think I like the Capristo the best. So far!! LOL
post #11 of 14 Old 05-19-2011, 07:20 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 12
I love my Tubi on my 360 spider, when I drive in a tunnel it's like the monaco GP :-D
post #12 of 14 Old 05-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
I also like the capristo. i would recommend hearing several set ups. As there is little in the way of verifiable power increase, it's all about the sound. Also, consider freeing up the intake as well as the exhaust and doing a remap to take advantage of the changes. Just slapping on new exhaust could actually hurt your power in some circumstances.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #13 of 14 Old 05-20-2011, 06:42 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Wow, cool to see an old thread brought back to life! The update is I purchased the car late last year (sept) and have added the Tubi and love the sound....Also added CS wheels for good measure!!!

"Monica" F430 Spider (Sexy Curvy & Italian)
post #14 of 14 Old 05-21-2011, 05:40 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 111
I'm a little late in posting a reply but I've been out of town for a few days. My preference (and what's on my car) is the Tubi. I think the Tubi makes the 360 sound perfect. A friend had a Capristo on his 360 and it was just way too much for everyday driving. I know Capristo makes a couple of different sound levels and I'm not usre which one he had. It sounded amazing, but too loud to live with everyday.

With a little patience one can find a good condition used Tubi for a 360 for under $2000. I'll differ a little from what others have said in that it isn't really a big job to install on a 360. Yes the rear bumper has to come off but it's really not hard to do. Make sure you align it properly when reinstalling. The actual muffler install is fairly straight forward. If you're doing it yourself make sure you get the mounting bracket back on in the proper position. It's slightly curved and it's easy to reinstall it "upside down". This will result in your exhaust tips being pointed up at an angle instead of level.

Cheers.

EDIT: just realized this thread was from last August.......Doh !

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode