Emissions and Sensors - '99 360 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 10-23-2009, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 66
Emissions and Sensors - '99 360

With all my excitement, within the hour of getting the Ferrari delivered from the West, I managed to start the car out of sequence (I can explain more, but it's not pertinent) and managed to trigger a check engine light. The cause, a misfire, the effect, I haven't been able to get my emissions test completed satisfactorily b/c my sensors won't reset. I've driven about 380 miles since the check engine light was turned off at the dealer. The OBD II reader I just bought says I have the following sensors:

Misfire Monitor - Ready
Fuel System - Ready
Comprehensive Comp. - Ready
Catalytic - Ready
Evaporative Sys. - Ready
Oxygen - Not Ready
Htd 02 - Not Ready

Any suggestions on how to get these last two sensors engaged? Am I missing any sensors?

As I mentioned, I've driven 380 miles, fast, slow, normal, in traffic on the highway...

Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-23-2009, 10:00 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 226
Garage
There is a campain that addresses the pinning of the OBD II connector. I am going to assume that it was addressed, as you are getting information from the vehicle but we all know what happens when you assume. Confirm that the campain has been completed. Have you tried resetting the vehicle via the power knob in the front trunk compartment?
post #3 of 7 Old 10-24-2009, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by netman View Post
There is a campain that addresses the pinning of the OBD II connector. I am going to assume that it was addressed, as you are getting information from the vehicle but we all know what happens when you assume. Confirm that the campain has been completed. Have you tried resetting the vehicle via the power knob in the front trunk compartment?
Thanks! I'll definitely confirm the campaign was completed, but also have to assume it was done (I think Brian Crall would have called this out during code check at PPI). As for codes, none exist at the moment. FoW cleared the misfire code and reset the check engine light the day it lit up, so I've just been driving since hoping for a reset of sensors.

post #4 of 7 Old 10-26-2009, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Owner

So after doing a driving sequence I found one less sensor 'ready'. I ended up taking the car into the shop today and they (unlike FoW) were able to confirm some codes and that the campaign may actually be missing. Apparently generic OBD II readers don't pick up Ferrari codes, and FoW was using a generic reader. Fingers crossed for a small bill and a successful emissions test soon.
post #5 of 7 Old 10-27-2009, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Latest news... the shop re-flashed my ECU to ensure no corruptions. My only question is, were there campaigns on the 99 that will now need to be reloaded? Is there a list I can check against?

Also, would updating my ECU entirely to a newer version address all campaigns and also update my F1 software without leaving me with more issues?

Thanks in advance!
post #6 of 7 Old 10-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,204
I believe just reloading should do the trick. Don't believe any newer ECU makes a difference, its software that makes the diff.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #7 of 7 Old 10-27-2009, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granucci View Post
I believe just reloading should do the trick. Don't believe any newer ECU makes a difference, its software that makes the diff.
Thanks, always appreciate your advice!! Should I look into any software update campaigns for the 99 360 that would have been wiped upon reload/refresh and now should be done again, or do you think I'm all set?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode