F1 reliability in 360's and 430's - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 10-07-2009, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 11
F1 reliability in 360's and 430's

Are there as many issues with the f1 shifter in the 430's as in the 360's or did Ferrari improve things with these as time went on. My local dealer is trying to sell me a used 430 over a used 360 on the argument that the 430 is actually less expensive to purchase in the long run due to decreased maintenance over the 360's. Given that 430's are about $40k more in general over the 360's that would relate to a fair amount of additional maintenance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
In order for that comparison to be realistic, you would need to know how long you plan to keep the 430/360 for and what it's value would be at trade in time. If the 430 was still worth 40K more then the only additional cost would have been the cost of the 40K (in interest, or potential not realised vs if you had invested the 40k, and who knows what that might be!).

As a straight comparison, I think you would have to keep the 430 for a long time to save $40K in servicing costs vs a 360....!
post #3 of 11 Old 10-08-2009, 05:17 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 71
What F1 issues?

I don't know what F1 "issues" you're referring to. I drive my 360 F1 coupe regularly (3-4 times a week, 20K miles so far) with no issues whatsoever. As a matter of fact, the more I drive it the better/smoother/slicker it runs including the F1 transmission. Normal scheduled maintenance only.

I think the 430 F1 is also a great car (although not as nice looking) and will serve you well when properly cared for, but I doubt maintenance costs are significantly different in the long run.

"Fear of guns is a sure sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." -- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis, 1906.

post #4 of 11 Old 10-13-2009, 10:43 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Long run, the maintenance costs are going to be about equal. The 430 has more advanced electronics that can go wrong and the 360 has cambelts that will need changing every couple of years. On the 360 F1 boxes, the software on the early ones need to be upgraded, but most will have been done by now.
post #5 of 11 Old 11-04-2009, 07:55 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 6
My experience is limited and I do not know much about the maintenance costs involved. I have had the privilege to have driven both a F430 F1 and a 360 F1 and while the 360 is an awesome machine, once I strapped into the 430 I know I was in a completely different beast altogether. The 430 accelerates harder sounds meaner and feels so balanced and the on board electronics allow you to push the car to the limit and not lose control. I have drive muscle cars, Maserati's, Lamborghini's, Merc SL 65AMG bi-turbo, BMW's and many other really nice cars but NOTHING and I mean NOTHING has compared to that 430. In fact before I drove that Ferrari there was nothing I wanted more than a Lamborghini and now all I can think about is that Ferrari. It was the most nimble, balanced and aurally stimulating car I have ever been in. Ferrari is nothing more than Automotive perfection!! Like the Michael Angelo of the Automotive world.
post #6 of 11 Old 11-23-2009, 06:12 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by F430_lover View Post
My experience is limited and I do not know much about the maintenance costs involved. I have had the privilege to have driven both a F430 F1 and a 360 F1 and while the 360 is an awesome machine, once I strapped into the 430 I know I was in a completely different beast altogether. The 430 accelerates harder sounds meaner and feels so balanced and the on board electronics allow you to push the car to the limit and not lose control. I have drive muscle cars, Maserati's, Lamborghini's, Merc SL 65AMG bi-turbo, BMW's and many other really nice cars but NOTHING and I mean NOTHING has compared to that 430. In fact before I drove that Ferrari there was nothing I wanted more than a Lamborghini and now all I can think about is that Ferrari. It was the most nimble, balanced and aurally stimulating car I have ever been in. Ferrari is nothing more than Automotive perfection!! Like the Michael Angelo of the Automotive world.
well said.......thats all i can say, the 360 is great, but Ferrari just gains more and more knowledge as every year passes

I want to Race.
post #7 of 11 Old 11-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
In fact before I drove that Ferrari there was nothing I wanted more than a Lamborghini and now all I can think about is that Ferrari. It was the most nimble, balanced and aurally stimulating car I have ever been in. Ferrari is nothing more than Automotive perfection!! Like the Michael Angelo of the Automotive world.
Have you pulled the trigger ?
post #8 of 11 Old 11-24-2009, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Have you pulled the trigger ?

Do you mean have I bought one ? Unfortunately no.
post #9 of 11 Old 11-24-2009, 10:19 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Do you mean have I bought one ? Unfortunately no.
That would be correct, any plans to do so in the near future?
post #10 of 11 Old 11-25-2009, 02:54 AM

Sure just as soon as my lotto winnings come in...
post #11 of 11 Old 12-10-2009, 06:26 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 42
Quote:
+1.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode