Many thanks the above link...great information! It lists the exact options that I found in a 1999 550...unbelievable that they called it a "Michael Schumacher Edition" (or at least that what this web page claims).
For everyone's convenience here, I have translated the information on this web page from French to English with a few notes, as follows.
Ferrari 550 Maranello - Michael Schumacher Edition
The 550 Maranello is an exciting car that brings together sporting benefits and great driving pleasure. In order to be closer to Formula 1, the use of carbon-fiber for the interior, the adoption of racing seats, the protection of the 4-point safety belts, and the roll-bar, all add to its character of extreme sportiness. Michael Schumacher
1. Safety cockpit for the road (except USA, Canada and Australia) with racing seats entirely in leather.
Editor Note: I think “Safety cockpit for the road” means having a roll-bar. I have also seen 550 racing seats with the center in cloth and bolsters in leather, but these are "entirely in leather".
2. 4-point adjustable safety belts (except USA, Canada and Australia).
3. Carbon-fiber rigid (open) pockets on doors.
4. Carbon-fiber dashboard.
5. Carbon-fiber door thresholds with "Ferrari" placard in aluminum and carbon-fiber sleeve on hand brake.
6. Carbon-fiber transmission tunnel cover and gear lever ball, with dedicated silver plate.
7. Removable rims (available current 1998).
Editor Note: I think this means 2-piece rims.
8. Rosso corsa color brake calipers.
9. Fire extinguisher.
Has anyone seen a 550 with ALL of these options?