Absurd Trade in - Ferrari Life
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By silly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 10-26-2015, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 52
Garage
Absurd Trade in

Off topic here but wanted to see if anyone else has ever had such an experience and advice.

Btw, the 612 is running great after I got her up to Cross Ave Auto in Toronto.

So i just traded in my wife's 08' Cayenne GTS for a new one. The dealer was in Ohio (I'm in NY-Upstate) I sent in the pics, and also filled out an online trade-in value form they use. The trade in value came in at $19k, I shared with them i had a better offer at 25k, but like the car they had.

Of course they made the deal happen by giving me 25k. This was 2 weeks ago. Today the pre-owned Porsche sales Manager calls me up, stating how they found issues with the 08' and it needs this and that etc etc, long story short $6k in parts etc etc.

I told him, i answered there questions and submitted in good faith the condition of the car and their very own tools for assesing found the value to be a little over $19k, it' rather convient for him to now try to get me to pay that 6k.

It was a cash deal, the car is in our possession and they just recently mailed us the title. I truly have no guilt, as the salesman at the time offers me $19k for trade in and told him i won't budge unless I get 25k.

Has anyone else ever had such an experience; the closing comment was well i wanted to talk to you personally before I involved the manager.

I don't see where they have any legal claim, thoughts, comments, advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-27-2015, 08:30 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,501
No idea what the law is in your part of the world, but here in the UK that would definitely be a case of Caveat Emptor. If they are too lazy to check the car over when you brought it in, that's their lookout.

Best wishes, John
Ferrari: 550 Maranello S/N 110995, Dino 246 GT S/N 6934
Other: 1990 Bentley Turbo R, 1989 Porsche 911 C2, 2004 Mercedes 500CLK, 2011 Mercedes E350 CDI, 1972 VW T2 Camper, 2014 Fiat 500C, 1963 Jaguar E-type 3.8 FHC, 2015 Maserati Granturismo Sport
post #3 of 4 Old 11-05-2015, 05:07 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,004
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy025 View Post
Off topic here but wanted to see if anyone else has ever had such an experience and advice.

Btw, the 612 is running great after I got her up to Cross Ave Auto in Toronto.

So i just traded in my wife's 08' Cayenne GTS for a new one. The dealer was in Ohio (I'm in NY-Upstate) I sent in the pics, and also filled out an online trade-in value form they use. The trade in value came in at $19k, I shared with them i had a better offer at 25k, but like the car they had.

Of course they made the deal happen by giving me 25k. This was 2 weeks ago. Today the pre-owned Porsche sales Manager calls me up, stating how they found issues with the 08' and it needs this and that etc etc, long story short $6k in parts etc etc.

I told him, i answered there questions and submitted in good faith the condition of the car and their very own tools for assesing found the value to be a little over $19k, it' rather convient for him to now try to get me to pay that 6k.

It was a cash deal, the car is in our possession and they just recently mailed us the title. I truly have no guilt, as the salesman at the time offers me $19k for trade in and told him i won't budge unless I get 25k.

Has anyone else ever had such an experience; the closing comment was well i wanted to talk to you personally before I involved the manager.

I don't see where they have any legal claim, thoughts, comments, advice.
When he calls back, tell him to have the manager call you personally so you can tell the mgr directly that he can take a hike. If they wanted to do a pre-deal inspection they could have done so; now the deal is done.

Very convenient that the $6K they want you to pay is exactly the $6K difference in their first offer and the deal price.

Seth
575M F1, Maserati Spyder, Cadillac STS-V & CTS
past: 330/365GTC speciale, F355b, 412GT, 400iA, 308GT4 2+2, 330GT 2+2, Porsche 356b Super 90, BMW 1800ti

what do I know? I drive blue Ferraris

post #4 of 4 Old 11-05-2015, 05:11 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 269
They are scammers

Deal was done and paid for

94 F348 Challenge
95 F355 Challenge x 2
97 F355 Spider

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode