Ferrari 550 Injector - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 06-16-2015, 05:42 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 37
Garage
Ferrari 550 Injector

Hi everybody,

Does someone know another way to get an 550 injector? I read that the F355 and 456 motronic 5.2 are also possible but they are still very expensive on the market :-( Is there maybe another car in which this injector is mounted?

I hope that someone can give me a information.

many greetings chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 06-16-2015, 06:07 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by darnaut View Post
Hi everybody,

Does someone know another way to get an 550 injector? I read that the F355 and 456 motronic 5.2 are also possible but they are still very expensive on the market :-( Is there maybe another car in which this injector is mounted?

I hope that someone can give me a information.

many greetings chris
Hello Chris,
on the injector is stamped the part number Bosch, you need to read this number and after with this you can find on web an equivalent or in which other cars is installed.

In Italy, but i think also in Austria, there are company that clean and repair the injectors, if you need help i can ask to my F dealer.

I Found a rebuild kit, but you need a company that clean the injectors by ultrasonic machine.

FERRARI INJECTOR REBUILD KIT SEALS FILTERS V12 456 550 BOSCH 0280150 0280155 0280156

Fabio

PRESENT: 575 F1 HGTC ROSSO CORSA 2004' - MB CLS 350 CGI 2007'
PAST: 550 ROSSO CORSA 1998' - MB CLK 240 2002'
post #3 of 13 Old 06-16-2015, 07:57 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,196
The stock 550 injectors are Bosch P/N: 0 280 150 449 and should have "pink" tops. They deliver 240-260cc/min, depending on who's testing them.

Bosch 0 280 150 965 should also work; these have gray tops, but the physical dimensions and fuel delivery are the same as the pinks.

Don't mix grays with pinks, however. Make sure you're running the same injector in all 12 cylinders.

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member

post #4 of 13 Old 06-16-2015, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for your answer and help! I already was at a bosch customer service here in austria to clean and check the injectors - 10 are allright but 2 are not ok. they told me to change them better. during the engine was running and driving i felt nothing but the test was clearly...

greetings chris
post #5 of 13 Old 06-16-2015, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
@ cribbj

thats the answer i was searching for but do you know why its not good to mix gray and pink injectors when the fuel delivery is the same?

greetings chris
post #6 of 13 Old 06-16-2015, 12:28 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Chris, it's possible their nozzle configurations are slightly different, or their electrical characteristic curves aren't the same.

Just not a good idea to mix different injectors in the same engine as it could lead to imbalances in power output, etc.

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

post #7 of 13 Old 06-16-2015, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hi John,

I just looked on the difference between the ferrari and the chrysler injector:

Ferrari: 307cm³/min delivery 7,5cm³/1000 hub 380kPa ti=2,5ms
Chrysler: 264,6cm³/min delivery 7,9cm³/1000 hub 330kPa ti_2,5ms

so we see a little difference at the bosch description but is that a problem? I will check the electrical description today and will tell you about it!

Chris
post #8 of 13 Old 06-16-2015, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
hi again,

sorry for this off topic:
i just read about your remote trunk opener system, i thought my eyes are falling out this is a problem since many years for me and now i read the solution - can you tell me what i need to fix also this "problem". i read about it at the "other" forum but its not ecactly clear for me what i need.

thanks a lot
post #9 of 13 Old 06-17-2015, 01:56 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Chris, the remote trunk opener was an idea that Dave (Ferraridriver) and I hatched a few years ago because we were tired of not being able to lift the trunk lid remotely. It just shouldn't be this way on a car that cost $250K when new.

Basically our solution consists of:

1. A new rolling code 4 channel remote receiver and sets of fobs (there are many available, but it should be the "momentary" contact type)

2. We mounted an "original" fob in a box with the new remote receiver, and wired Channel 1 of the receiver to the fob so it would "actuate" the same circuit as the pushbutton. This box was then mounted in the 3rd brake light enclosure, where it was out of sight, but still could receive radio transmission very easily.

3. We located the wire that actuates the trunk solenoid and opens the trunk lid, and spliced into it (using correct connectors) and brought +12 to it via Channel 2 of the new receiver.

4. We then setup a normal garage door opener/closer mechanism on Channel 3 so that we could open/close our garage doors with the system

5. We were considering using Channel 4 of the new receiver to open the outer fuel lid, which is another small annoyance we had about these cars, but neither of us have done this yet.

So, Channel 1 of the new system arms/disarms the car as the original fobs did, Channel 2 opens the trunk lid, and Channel 3 opens/closes the garage door, and there is still another channel available for remote control of other things - perhaps disarming a house alarm system, etc.

The old Ferrari fobs will still work to arm/disarm the car, and the new fobs will work to arm/disarm the car, plus all the above. It's a very clean and neat solution we think, plus it has greater range than the old solution. We are able to actuate the new system from 25-30 meters away.

post #10 of 13 Old 06-17-2015, 07:31 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 128
Picture of everything in third brake light housing

The circuit board on the left is the garrage door opener, the chip is a voltage reducer for the garrage door opener. The Ferrari remote's battery is removed as it is hard wired along with everything else to the car's 12 volt system

Source for the receiver, remotes and antenna is Electronic Components SOS electronic

Receiver HCS-DEC-4/F Products | SOS electronic

Fob TX3-HCS-433 Products | SOS electronic

Antenna T433,92 Products | SOS electronic

It looks like there is no stock on the fobs but this fob should work. HCS-TX-3(codeaurel) AUREL | SOS electronic
Attached Images

Maranello Skunk Works Team Member

Last edited by Ferraridriver; 06-17-2015 at 08:07 AM.
post #11 of 13 Old 06-17-2015, 07:29 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Wow, how cool. I need to find someone who can do that for my 550.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #12 of 13 Old 06-21-2015, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thats realy fine, thanks alot!

One question ist left for me: Were do i have to connect the signalkabel with the kabel of the car to open the trunk?

regards
post #13 of 13 Old 06-22-2015, 09:03 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 128
You have to run a cable from an always "Hot" location on the fuse panel to power everything in the third brake light housing and then run a cable from the relay to the connection for the trunk release under the sill in the trunk.

Maranello Skunk Works Team Member

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode