612 issue with shifting gears - Page 3 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 41 Old 09-07-2015, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 52
Garage
Update

So the issue with my 612 was the potentiometer. As mentioned earlier I had a Rochester based shop do a bass c service and diagnostic and they thought it was a broken reverse lever and replaced it with the 360 lever (modified) - which since then has broken off (LOL).

I took the car to Cross Ave Auto near Toronto and they did the full diagnostic and assured me the actuator and everything else was fine only part needing to be replaced was the potentiometer.

No issues since being replaced.

Reverse Lever update - So this weekend I drove to Baltimore for a wedding taking my 612 for a fun drive down. I get to the hotel and need to reverse the car and shit, the t piece lever just snaps off, then I get stuck as the tray begins to send a transmission failure, not engaging in first or reverse. Finally after a few tries I get it into auto drive. I hope and pray the tran failure message was due to this as i tried paying around to get the car into reverse with the broken piece.

I've done some research and see Ricambi makes a 612 specific replacement RL-03. Is this easy to replace by myself? Any detailed instructions.

Thanks in advance, going to call Ricambi in the am.

For now i'm using a vice grip to put her into reverse, the t-piece basically came off, i'm assuming the modified assembly underneath is fine, since it gets into reverse easily using the vice grip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode