Auto Enginuity Ferrari/Maserati Software - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-26-2015, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
Auto Enginuity Ferrari/Maserati Software

I recently bought the Auto Enginuity Ferrari software for my techs Aaron and John. They work mostly on older Ferraris, so I figured I would buy the software and see if they could get my F1 hard fault to clear. This hard fault was due to a loose connector on one of the shift potentiometers, which after reattaching worked fine. She still had a hard fault and CEL, however, that could not be cleared with an OBD II tool. The CEL could be cleared, but came back as soon as she was shut down and restarted. AI requires you to buy a very complete set of software tools to purchase the Ferrari software tool, so it also included the ability to work on most US, Asian, and European cars as a bonus. Turns out they had just made a change combining some of the packages, so the entire package came in at $3500. That is quite a bit less than an SD-X or Leonardo, to say the least, even Leonardo's single model package.

So, does it work? Yup, and it ran an F1 self test and cleared the F1 hard fault with no problems. Aaron and John bought a Windows 7 laptop to house the software and that makes it very easy to transport and use. There are a few things missing, but AE included all updates in the price of the Ferrari package, so we are hoping updates will improve the package even more. One thing Aaron and John wanted to see in the future was the ability to reset the service indicator in late model Ferraris, something that does not affect those of us with 575s or earlier V12s. As they use the software more, I will report on more details on the system. Right now it looks like a bargain in the Ferrari maintenance world, and is inexpensive enough that an owner who is a good wrench could afford the package. Below are the print-outs from the F1 system on 135171. I still have 75% remaining on my clutch after 22,500 miles, although that print-out is not included here.

For some reason, I did not get charged for the AE diagnostics on 135171.

You can contact AE for more details and current pricing.

https://www.autoenginuity.com/products/scan-tool.html
Attached Images

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.

Last edited by tazandjan; 04-27-2015 at 08:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-26-2015, 04:24 PM
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 50
As a satisfied customer of AutoEnginuity, I'm happy to chime in on this one. I've had their Jaguar software for my 2002 XKR for a few years, it works well. So many things to spend a $1k here or a $3k there on these cars, but the AE Ferrari stuff is on my list: https://www.autoenginuity.com/produc...rati-ei18.html.

The only issue is my laptop failed a while ago, perhaps AE only works up to Windows 7. One quick email to AE will tell....
post #3 of 11 Old 02-21-2016, 07:52 PM
Elite Member

Taz, let me ask over here instead of over there: may I talk to your techs that have the AutoEnginuity system? If they think it is a good system, I will probably be purchasing a setup with a friend (we both have 550s) and would like to speak with them about the system. We won't waste their time.

post #4 of 11 Old 02-22-2016, 03:07 AM
Owner
Sponsor

Ferrari Life Posts: 962
I have an SD-2 and the AE pro software. It will be of little use on a 550. The AE Ferrari product works best (in limited capacities) for models from the 360 onward. To have factory-level diagnostic skills on the 550, you'll need either an SD-1 or SD-2. Also...keep in mind that several modules (ECUs) cannot be accessed via the OBD-II line, so ALDL connectivity is must. The AE software does not support this. The SD units do.....

If you have specific questions as to what you're trying to test, problems you're chasing, drop me a note.

Sarasota Italian Garage, LLC
Sarasota, FL
www.fluentinferrari.com
[email protected]

**An independent facility with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA**
post #5 of 11 Old 02-22-2016, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

David- Thanks for the info. My guys have been happy with AE. It does what I wanted it to do, allow you to diagnose and service the F1 system.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #6 of 11 Old 02-22-2016, 11:41 AM
Owner
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
David- Thanks for the info. My guys have been happy with AE. It does what I wanted it to do, allow you to diagnose and service the F1 system.
And you can't beat the price!

Sarasota, FL
www.fluentinferrari.com
[email protected]

post #7 of 11 Old 02-22-2016, 03:56 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David @ FluentInFerrari View Post
I have an SD-2 and the AE pro software. It will be of little use on a 550. The AE Ferrari product works best (in limited capacities) for models from the 360 onward. To have factory-level diagnostic skills on the 550, you'll need either an SD-1 or SD-2. Also...keep in mind that several modules (ECUs) cannot be accessed via the OBD-II line, so ALDL connectivity is must. The AE software does not support this. The SD units do.....
I was wondering if there were enough 'auxiliary' 550 CPUs/Modules to render the AE system far less useful--sounds like it. Crap, thought we had an answer there....

Quote:
If you have specific questions as to what you're trying to test, problems you're chasing, drop me a note.
Thanks for the invite. I do have something weird going on, sent an email to your business address.
post #8 of 11 Old 02-23-2016, 10:55 AM
Owner
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 365Lusso View Post
I do have something weird going on, sent an email to your business address.
detailed response and photo sent...

Sarasota, FL
www.fluentinferrari.com
[email protected]

post #9 of 11 Old 02-24-2016, 02:25 AM
Elite Member

Cheers, got your reply with thanks. Very helpful indeed.
Quote:
detailed response and photo sent...
post #10 of 11 Old 11-29-2016, 08:02 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
I am a relatively new Ferrari F430 Owner and just joined the forum. I know this is an older thread but I am interested in any feedback after you have use the AE tool for a while. I am in the market for a good diagnostic too for my F430. Have you compared it to the Leonardo single vehicle tool?

Although I don't have experience working on Ferrari's, I worked on cars most of my life using OBD readers and have maintained my 911 and Cayenne with the Durametric's Tool. I would like to do most of the work on my 430 but as a minimum know what is wrong when there is a problem. FYI I understand that these tools do not fix vehicles, but are just a diagnostic tools.

Feed back is appreciated.
post #11 of 11 Old 11-29-2016, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

The Leonardo single model tool is about twice as expensive as the AE software, but does do things the AE software does not. The advantage of the AE Ferrari/Maserati package is that it also includes most European, Asian, and American cars. My techs have used it on several other makes, including BMW and Porsche.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode