Valet crashes Ferrari 599 GTO - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-02-2015, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 159
Valet crashes Ferrari 599 GTO

From the article:
Instead of having their Ferrari 599 GTO nicely waiting for them in front of the hotel, an unfortunate Dutch couple visiting Rome ended up getting it totaled by the garage attendant. The accident happened a couple of days ago, and it appears the driver simply got the pedals wrong. Since we’re talking about a sportscar that has an estimated price of almost half a million dollars, we guess it had insurance.

6 pictures and video in the gallery

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-03-2015, 12:48 AM
JK.

Ferrari Life Posts: 11
Hi, I think you have been given the incorrect information about the incident, as the car in question is actually a 599 GTB. On another note, this is exactly why I have never handed any of my cars to the valet. I have a story where I was 'babysitting' my good friends' Enzo for a couple of weeks after he has shipped it to Europe for his summer vacation. I had booked afternoon tea with a client at a hotel, and the valet guys said that it was 'hotel policy' to have all cars given to the valet. I immediately changed our meeting location. I simply don't trust the valet.

Not driving your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend to make her better for her next keeper
post #3 of 7 Old 04-03-2015, 01:16 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,320
I'm suspicious. That seems like too much damage from just "getting the pedals wrong".

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.

post #4 of 7 Old 04-03-2015, 05:40 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 115
severe damage!
post #5 of 7 Old 04-03-2015, 06:09 AM
JK.

Ferrari Life Posts: 11
In one of the reports, I read that he was streetracing his friend.

Not driving your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend to make her better for her next keeper
post #6 of 7 Old 04-03-2015, 06:29 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
This is/was indeed as JK said NOT a 599GTO, it is a 599GTB with some GTO appointments. It was worth $100k, not $500k. Don't know the owner but I know a couple of guys who he was on a spring tour with. It is an evident the valet wanted to experience full throttle without knowing how to handle a car like that, in a city no less. Something similar happened to a 550 Maranello in Belgium a couple of years ago, and the owner never got compensated due to a legal/insurance battle.

NEVER hand your keys over to a valet or hotel, particularly overnight (in this instance, the owner was still sleeping while the valet decided to take a joyride). If they insist the valet parks it for you, ask to drive it yourself with the valet in the passenger seat. I have never had that request refused.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #7 of 7 Old 04-05-2015, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK. View Post
Hi, I think you have been given the incorrect information about the incident, as the car in question is actually a 599 GTB. On another note, this is exactly why I have never handed any of my cars to the valet. I have a story where I was 'babysitting' my good friends' Enzo for a couple of weeks after he has shipped it to Europe for his summer vacation. I had booked afternoon tea with a client at a hotel, and the valet guys said that it was 'hotel policy' to have all cars given to the valet. I immediately changed our meeting location. I simply don't trust the valet.
Correct, thought it was a GTO, cause of the double colour roof.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode