From the RM web site link above, this car does not appear to be highly optioned, although not all of the car can be seen and there are only a few close-up photos of the interior. But from what I can see in the RM web site photos and in their description of the car, it does NOT have:
- HGTE handling package
- CF steering wheel with LED readout
- CF interior door panels
- contrast stitching
- seat piping
- front parking sensors
- rear leather shelf
- full electric seats
- iPod connection
- electronic inner mirror
- cascade telematic navi system
- fire extinguisher
- no colour upon request for either the exterior or interior
- no out-of-range colour for either the exterior or interior
- and what Ferrari calls "Other Options" on their window stickers.
Either RM's description is lousy and missing a lot of options or this car has only a few options. Again, please correct me if I am wrong about these options.
The car also appears to have quite a few stone chips on the front bumper
After seeing this sale, I have 3 simple questions:
1. Can a manual gear box in a 2007 599 GTB without HGTE and without a long list of other options really be worth 4x or 5x the market value of a F1 gear box model with a longer list of options or has this buyer let the auction fever make him overpay?
(I bet he/she had a serious hangover the next morning
2. What is a 599 GTO worth now...$1,000,000+? (599 built and 125 sent to the US)
3. What is the 599 SA Aperta worth now...$2,000,000+? (80 built, no numbers for the US)
Please, please, please tell me if I am missing something!