winter is indeed here - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 01-07-2015, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,004
Garage
winter is indeed here

I was up at my normal 5 AM to make the coffee; checked the weather and the news: a few inches of snow on the ground, inconsequential, but the air temp registered a brisk - 23 Celsius. Bracing, I'd say. Then the news, horrific terror attack in Paris wiping out the senior staff of a typical Paris satirical magazine that had dared to satirize the Prophet, and several gendarmes in the ensuing gun battle. What a world.

Seth
575M F1, Maserati Spyder, Cadillac STS-V & CTS
past: 330/365GTC speciale, F355b, 412GT, 400iA, 308GT4 2+2, 330GT 2+2, Porsche 356b Super 90, BMW 1800ti

what do I know? I drive blue Ferraris

Last edited by intrepid; 01-07-2015 at 11:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-07-2015, 11:54 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepid View Post
I was up at my normal 5 AM to make the coffee; checked the weather and the news: a few inches of snow on the ground, inconsequential, but the air temp registered a brisk - 23 Celsius. Bracing, I'd say. Then the news, horrific terror attack in Paris wiping out the senior staff of a typical Paris satirical magazine that had dared to satirize the Prophet, and several gendarmes in the ensuing gun battle. What a world.
Hi Seth
Fortunately for us in Italy now the weather is quite, no Snow, perhaps next saturday i will play with my 575.
Unfortunately you have reason, what a world...... Very bad thing in Paris, where is going the freedom of speak.......
Sorry if my english is not good, but i hope you understand my thinking.

Fabio

PRESENT: 575 F1 HGTC ROSSO CORSA 2004' - MB CLS 350 CGI 2007'
PAST: 550 ROSSO CORSA 1998' - MB CLK 240 2002'
post #3 of 3 Old 01-07-2015, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,004
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 550_Maranello View Post
Hi Seth
Fortunately for us in Italy now the weather is quite, no Snow, perhaps next saturday i will play with my 575.
Unfortunately you have reason, what a world...... Very bad thing in Paris, where is going the freedom of speak.......
Sorry if my english is not good, but i hope you understand my thinking.

I understand perfectly Fabio. The Paris news is very bad indeed. I adore Paris where I did graduate law studies in 1960 and 61 and visited frequently in the years since then. Judith and I visited in summer 2013, taking a studio apartment for a week. These events create some uncertainty about visiting again, a huge pity.

Curiously I am reminded of events of April 1961 when a cabal of French Army colonels rebelled in Algeirs and threatened to fly to Paris to depose President de Gaulle - le grand Charles - and take over the government. My girlfiend, later fiancée, was a ground hostess for TWA at l-Aeroport d'Orly, called me to say she couldn't meet me for dinner since there had been a plastic bomb explosion in a baggage locker at the Aeroport which was in lockdown. TWA hd wanted to fly all personnel to Brussels to handle diverted flights from New York and London and was told, if you take off we will shoot down the plane. Michel Debre, the P.M. came on T.V. to urge calm, deGaulle came on and said something like: "Francais, Francaises, marchez a l;Aeroport pour faire face aux colonels". It was a Saturday night, and the next morning I looked out my hotel window in the rue St Andre des Arts at the Marche de Buci, ordinarily alive with people on a sunday morning and it was absolutely empty, all shops shuttered. I went into the Blvd St Germain, also vide, vide; virtually no pedestrians or automobile traffic, gendarmes partout with mitraillettes, a tank or amored car at every major intersection. One didn't want to be carrying a package or you'd be slammed up against a wall and body searched. Any cars rolling were stopped, drivers out and searched, seats and carpeting pulled out to search the car completely. It was a scary time.

Seth
575M F1, Maserati Spyder, Cadillac STS-V & CTS
past: 330/365GTC speciale, F355b, 412GT, 400iA, 308GT4 2+2, 330GT 2+2, Porsche 356b Super 90, BMW 1800ti

what do I know? I drive blue Ferraris

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode