612 exhaust - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-04-2015, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
612 exhaust

Hi all I am the proud new owner of a 2007 612 with the HGTS package with 10k miles, black on black. Love this car!!
I am getting mixed info on modifying / plugging the valves on the exhaust. My previous car a 2012 Maserati Gran turismo was very simple...pull the lines and plug them then zip tie up and out of harms way. Dealer is telling me it takes extensive plumbing work to achieve open exhaust on this 612. Valves are visible under the rear valance and look as easy as the maser was to achieve sound. Anyone have any real world experience with this? Again it is an HGTS and does have the sport exhaust. If it's not a simple pull and plug how is it done??

Pics coming ASAP. I am located in Seattle and currently the weather is idesl for a photo shoot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-04-2015, 08:19 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
Welcome to Ferrari Life. Believe you got your answer, fail open, just like your Maser.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-05-2015, 12:30 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrisis View Post
Hi all I am the proud new owner of a 2007 612 with the HGTS package with 10k miles, black on black. Love this car!!
I am getting mixed info on modifying / plugging the valves on the exhaust. My previous car a 2012 Maserati Gran turismo was very simple...pull the lines and plug them then zip tie up and out of harms way. Dealer is telling me it takes extensive plumbing work to achieve open exhaust on this 612. Valves are visible under the rear valance and look as easy as the maser was to achieve sound. Anyone have any real world experience with this? Again it is an HGTS and does have the sport exhaust. If it's not a simple pull and plug how is it done??

Pics coming ASAP. I am located in Seattle and currently the weather is idesl for a photo shoot.
Hi,
You can lock opened the valves, or put inside the car a push button or a remote control for open valves only when you want.

Fabio

PRESENT: 575 F1 HGTC ROSSO CORSA 2004' - MB CLS 350 CGI 2007'
PAST: 550 ROSSO CORSA 1998' - MB CLK 240 2002'

post #4 of 4 Old 01-05-2015, 08:43 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 100
Congrats on your new 612 HGTS.

I got mine less than a year ago:
http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/mo...y-arrived.html

I really like the sounds from the Sport Exhaust on the HGTS / HGTC models. You might want to live with it for a while before attempting modifications.

Good luck.

Current: 2007 612 F1 HGTS
Previous: 1987 328 GTSi, 1983 512 BBi Boxer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode