Lil Wayne buys Ferrari GTO and BMW X4 for daughters 16th Birthday - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 11-30-2014, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 159
Lil Wayne buys Ferrari GTO and BMW X4 for daughters 16th Birthday

Hope she is a car fan or this GTO is being wasted.

from the article:
Lil Wayne's daughter Reginae Carter celebrated her Sweet 16 in Atlanta with a baller party featuring a mini-concert by Nicki Minaj, as Kandi Burruss, Tiny Harris and Fantasia Barrino looked on. Reginae scored a Ferrari GTO ... AND a BMW X4.

8 pictures and full article

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-30-2014, 03:52 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
must not like his daughter much. couldn't imagine giving my new driver such a deadly weapon. idiots.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 11 Old 12-01-2014, 06:37 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 80
Me thinks that's a very bad idea.

Rich

2006 F430 Spyder, 2011 Carrera S & 2006 BMW M3
Member FCA Florida, Suncoast PCA & BMWCCA

post #4 of 11 Old 12-01-2014, 07:53 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 100
I remember a while back, a wealthy Oriental gentlemen bought a brand new 355 Spider for his son's high-school graduation. The sales people at the dealership were betting on how long the poor car would last.

Sure enough, within 2 weeks the car was totaled by the boy. Thankfully, no one was seriously hurt.

Sometimes I wish they would regulate cars like flying airplanes. You spend thousands of dollars and many hours of training just to fly a puddle jumper in perfect weather. Want to fly in weather? Need an instrument rating. Want to fly at night? Need to be current. What to fly a high-performance aircraft? Another rating. Want to fly jets? You need to be seriously rich and able to accumulate hours that would take most pilots several years to meet. And there are plenty more qualifications, as well as the required recurrency and medical.

Current: 2007 612 F1 HGTS
Previous: 1987 328 GTSi, 1983 512 BBi Boxer
post #5 of 11 Old 12-01-2014, 10:34 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Unfortunately, none of the driving, boating, or flying licensing requirements stipulate an IQ test.
post #6 of 11 Old 12-01-2014, 10:44 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360 Modena View Post
Unfortunately, none of the driving, boating, or flying licensing requirements stipulate an IQ test.
Flying definitely does. You really need to be competent to pass any of the written flying exams, and the actual flight tests can be quite challenging - especially for multi-engine ratings.

post #7 of 11 Old 12-02-2014, 01:53 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by southnc View Post
Flying definitely does. You really need to be competent to pass any of the written flying exams, and the actual flight tests can be quite challenging - especially for multi-engine ratings.
That didn't stop Kennedy, a smart and successful man, from making a disastrous and fatal series of decisions.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #8 of 11 Old 12-02-2014, 05:44 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer58 View Post
That didn't stop Kennedy, a smart and successful man, from making a disastrous and fatal series of decisions.
Pilot's are still susceptible to the dreaded "get there-itis". There was pressure to get to an event and he was only qualified for VFR (non IFR-Certified). It was minimal VFR conditions and he should have opted to have a qualified IFR pilot with him or just taken the car. He became disoriented and lost control.

I was in fog once and directly over my target airport, but became disoriented. Quite scary. Fortunately, I knew to trust my instruments and used them to fly back towards clear conditions, until I could regain my bearings and then successfully re-attempted the landing sequence.

Kennedy took a gamble and lost. There is no margin for error in flying. Had he switched over to flying by instruments and contacted ATC for assistance (embarrassing, but necessary), probably would have been a happier ending.

It wasn't IQ; it was lack of qualification, training (low-time pilot), bad luck, and questionable decision making.

post #9 of 11 Old 12-02-2014, 05:52 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
C'mon guys.

I think he has good taste and even better judgement

Easy come easy go - my guess is he was concerned there wasn't enough flash for the party - he walked into a Ferrari dealer with 500k and they showed / found him a GTO with a ribbon which happens to be my favorite color combination.
post #10 of 11 Old 12-02-2014, 12:09 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
C'mon guys.

I think he has good taste and even better judgement

I'm with you Doug, for all of these high-profile customers that don't wreak their cars, there's several of us waiting to buy them.

post #11 of 11 Old 12-02-2014, 12:14 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southnc View Post
It wasn't IQ; it was lack of qualification, training (low-time pilot), bad luck, and questionable decision making.

No amount of high-tech training or professional licenses can overcome questionable decision making. The former are not preventive measures against the latter.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode