612: Getting the Yellow Out
I have an 07 612 HGTS; Grigio Sillverstone with Aluminum painted Calipers. It also came with the Yellow SF badges. And, being a US-Spec vehicle, you know about the lights.
After careful consideration, I decided to make 3 minor exterior changes to the car to make it look more consistent and what I believe to be a proper Ferrari:
1) Replaced side and rear lights with Dark Lights
2) Replace Yellow Wheel Center Caps with Ferrari factory carbon ones
3) Replace Yellow SF Shields with carbon ones
My reason for changes:
1) Tone down all the required US Spec lights - especially the front yellowish side lights
2) Yellow caps drown-out the aluminum calipers - carbon is better, albeit more expensive
3) Enough of the bright yellow SF Shields! They detract from the rest of the car and, IMO, are not appropriate; they are supposed to be on factory race cars - not production cars. I also feel those shields look ridiculous on GT cars. However, cars with factory shields have an indentation in the body; so, you cannot eliminate them - you have to replace them. The carbon shields seemed like the right compromise and go well with the body color.
My two previous Ferraris were a 328 GTS and 512 BBi Boxer - neither had shields.
I've attached before & after pics. Some of you may not agree, but I like the new look. I especially like the way the aluminum calipers now pop into view. The shop told me comments from other customers were positive.
Let me know your thoughts...
Current: 2007 612 F1 HGTS
Previous: 1987 328 GTSi, 1983 512 BBi Boxer