plug and play radio Ferrari 456m - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 11-19-2014, 02:26 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,194
plug and play radio Ferrari 456m

I really like the sound system in the 456M but with audio streaming or MP3 music CDs are a thing of the past so I ordered a Blaupunkt Toronto 420 BT World AM/FM/MW/RDS CD Receiver with iPod/iPhone Direct Control and Built-in Bluetooth from Amazon ($169.00), after removing the old Becker stereo unit found the plugs are the same and the wiring the same! in 15 minutes I was listening to music bluetoothed from my cell phone. I was so happy not to have to cut the original harness. One problem I did encounter is I had started the car, put in drive then turned the car off so I could remove and install the new unit, then I turned on the key to position 2 to check the new radio and got a light on the dash saying the suspension is faulty. After researching this it seems to happen often. If anyone knows how to reset this please post.

A bunch of stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-19-2014, 11:49 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 75
That's pretty common and normal on F355, 456, ... when switching on the car a couple of times without moving.
The suspension light will clear itself when the suspension ECU will receive pulses from the speedo sensor.
post #3 of 8 Old 11-22-2014, 04:51 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 161
I also upgraded the radio in my 550. I have a bit of advice for you if you love music. Do not ever get music in MP3 format. It's like taking a black and white grainy photo of the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. You know what it is by looking at it but it does not do it justice in the least. MP3 compresses the music and removes parts that the program believes really don't matter. The upside is you can store 10,000 songs on an Ipod. Try getting the Wav or AIFF format for your music. They are an exact copy of the original source music. You will not get 10,000 songs on you IPOD but you will enjoy the songs you have even more.

post #4 of 8 Old 11-22-2014, 05:01 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRS Guitarist View Post
I also upgraded the radio in my 550. I have a bit of advice for you if you love music. Do not ever get music in MP3 format. It's like taking a black and white grainy photo of the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. You know what it is by looking at it but it does not do it justice in the least. MP3 compresses the music and removes parts that the program believes really don't matter. The upside is you can store 10,000 songs on an Ipod. Try getting the Wav or AIFF format for your music. They are an exact copy of the original source music. You will not get 10,000 songs on you IPOD but you will enjoy the songs you have even more.
My music list is pretty small, I'm happy to have a couple hundred songs from the 60's! Thanks for the tip, I'll have to research WAV and AIFF format or call my son to explain it to me.

I have to say I like the 2 knobs on the new radio for volume and selection, buttons are to distracting for my poor eyesight.

A bunch of stuff.
post #5 of 8 Old 11-22-2014, 08:55 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by P2164 View Post
...I have to say I like the 2 knobs on the new radio for volume and selection, buttons are to distracting for my poor eyesight.
That's almost always my gripe with aftermarket head units... Most of them have non-intuitive controls that can't easily be operated while driving.

We need some pics of your new radio, by the way!
post #6 of 8 Old 11-22-2014, 12:28 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,577
Quote:
My music list is pretty small, I'm happy to have a couple hundred songs from the 60's! Thanks for the tip, I'll have to research WAV and AIFF format or call my son to explain it to me.

Music from the 60s?? I thought you listen to Big Band music.

Please note, I am NOT a member of Beavis's Exclusive KissAss Club.
post #7 of 8 Old 11-22-2014, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzaman View Post
Music from the 60s?? I thought you listen to Big Band music.
OUCH! That was below the belt, but not to far from being true.

Here's your picture Bret, I ordered cruise control and plan on putting the controls where the ash tray lid is, as you can see its broken and so is the one in the rear. No one smokes anymore (we never have) and not in my cars for sure so it will not be missed.
Attached Images

A bunch of stuff.
post #8 of 8 Old 11-22-2014, 09:13 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,577
Quote:
OUCH! That was below the belt, but not to far from being true.
You know I love yah Jack.

Please note, I am NOT a member of Beavis's Exclusive KissAss Club.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode