Acquiring 599 GTO - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 07-22-2014, 05:05 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Ferrari Life Posts: 10
Acquiring 599 GTO

Was gonna order a 458 spider and saw a beautiful GTO at Ferrari of Long Island on saturday. Anybody familiar with the 599 GTO at Ferrari of Long Island ? Blacked out stealthy "anti-rosso" color scheme (incl. dark calipers). 3 prior owners about 2350 miles. Will sell for very close to $479,900 AP. As far as handling and sound, the GTO is a mind boggling shocker to me. Anybody know this particular GTO ? Comments on this GTO before I pull the trigger ?
tortesq1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 Old 07-22-2014, 05:24 AM
 
blancpain_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Parma, Italy
Ferrari Life Posts: 16
3 owners in only 2,000 mls?
blancpain_ is offline  
post #3 of 14 Old 07-22-2014, 05:28 AM
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
At one point selling and asking was at least 10% on GTO's.

Once the odo is over 1000 miles collectors aren't interested and they seem to sit for long periods of time.

Regardless - great choice!
champagne612 is offline  
 
post #4 of 14 Old 07-22-2014, 10:00 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
Doug- Sad, but true. Not driving your GTO is something I could not do. Like having a watch collection and never wearing them.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is offline  
post #5 of 14 Old 07-22-2014, 12:25 PM
Owner
 
Italian Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Far end of the P pond
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Close to 500k is rather high relative to what I saw couple months back, here in Yokohama.

The GTO below was on sale for 37m JP yen at this dealer nearby. Sold in matter of weeks.

Should get superb gratifications, if you can swing it.

Good luck with your choices.

w/ smiles
Jimmy
Attached Images
         
Italian Lover is online now  
post #6 of 14 Old 07-22-2014, 12:32 PM
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Doug- Sad, but true. Not driving your GTO is something I could not do. Like having a watch collection and never wearing them.
It's something I can't relate with - 500,000.00 and gas 4.00 per gallon.

Members here drive their cars vs feather dusterlife.com
champagne612 is offline  
post #7 of 14 Old 07-28-2014, 04:56 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Ferrari Life Posts: 10
I plan on driving the GTO about 1000 miles per year. If the GTO is super comfortable that number might change but I doubt it. Over the past 2 years I put approx. 9600+ miles on my 458 Italia. I will be sad to lose her on Thursday but need to say that using her as a true DD was more of a head trip/ego thing that I probably had to get out of my system. The 458 looks great to clients BUT is always wound up so tightly that it almost became a PITA. I only drove in race (unless there was light snow or heavy rain then wet) and with her so low to the ground I think the 458 maybe wasn't as comfortable as a GT type car. Guess I will find out soon enough. Anyway, most people that have an F car have other cars. I drive one of my 3 other cars also. Plain truth is that if I drove my Range Rover, S550 or Jeep Wrangler for a few days and then went back to the 458 I'd appreciate her even more. I think with the GTO I'm better off not making her as my DD and driving one of the other cars regularly. I always remember driving the 458 to work every day but I can't day she is the Worlds best DD. Anyway, I'd respectfully refrain from criticizing those that don't want to use their "babies" as DD's as its there personal preference. That being said I agree wholeheartedly that its ridiculous to spend $500K on a GTO and not use her as often as one can.
tortesq1 is offline  
post #8 of 14 Old 07-28-2014, 06:17 AM
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortesq1 View Post
I plan on driving the GTO about 1000 miles per year. If the GTO is super comfortable that number might change but I doubt it. Over the past 2 years I put approx. 9600+ miles on my 458 Italia. I will be sad to lose her on Thursday but need to say that using her as a true DD was more of a head trip/ego thing that I probably had to get out of my system. The 458 looks great to clients BUT is always wound up so tightly that it almost became a PITA. I only drove in race (unless there was light snow or heavy rain then wet) and with her so low to the ground I think the 458 maybe wasn't as comfortable as a GT type car. Guess I will find out soon enough. Anyway, most people that have an F car have other cars. I drive one of my 3 other cars also. Plain truth is that if I drove my Range Rover, S550 or Jeep Wrangler for a few days and then went back to the 458 I'd appreciate her even more. I think with the GTO I'm better off not making her as my DD and driving one of the other cars regularly. I always remember driving the 458 to work every day but I can't day she is the Worlds best DD. Anyway, I'd respectfully refrain from criticizing those that don't want to use their "babies" as DD's as its there personal preference. That being said I agree wholeheartedly that its ridiculous to spend $500K on a GTO and not use her as often as one can.
There are two completely different Ferrari owners.

Some prefer to stand by their low Ferrari odometer the other seeks open landscapes with high needle readings.

I prefer to have a relationship with my mechanic than my banker

Enjoy the GTO!
champagne612 is offline  
post #9 of 14 Old 07-28-2014, 09:13 AM
Owner
 
212Export's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
There are two completely different Ferrari owners.

Some prefer to stand by their low Ferrari odometer the other seeks open landscapes with high needle readings.

I prefer to have a relationship with my mechanic than my banker

Enjoy the GTO!
Prefering the Relation to the mechanic than to the Banker? That saying deserves a very strong from me, Doug! Wise man .

Present: 365 GTB/4, Scud
Past: 250 GTE, 250 PF (2), 275 GTBsn, 330 GTC, 456GT, 550, 360Stradale, 430Scuderia, F40, F50
212Export is offline  
post #10 of 14 Old 07-28-2014, 02:24 PM
Owner
 
Fiorano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
There are two completely different Ferrari owners.

Some prefer to stand by their low Ferrari odometer the other seeks open landscapes with high needle readings.

I prefer to have a relationship with my mechanic than my banker

Enjoy the GTO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 212Export View Post
Prefering the Relation to the mechanic than to the Banker? That saying deserves a very strong from me, Doug! Wise man .
I'm with you both. But having fueled 2 Ferraris for a collective 14,000+ km over the last 5 weeks, can I add 'relationship with petrol pump attendant' to that list...

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
Fiorano is offline  
post #11 of 14 Old 07-28-2014, 08:52 PM
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by 212Export View Post
Prefering the Relation to the mechanic than to the Banker? That saying deserves a very strong from me, Doug! Wise man .
It's you men across the pond that set the owmership bar.

Those FLED threads ... one day!
champagne612 is offline  
post #12 of 14 Old 07-28-2014, 08:53 PM
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorano View Post
I'm with you both. But having fueled 2 Ferraris for a collective 14,000+ km over the last 5 weeks, can I add 'relationship with petrol pump attendant' to that list...
Not sure this will translate correctly - but did you pump Ethyl

Regardless - this is a perfect case and point.
champagne612 is offline  
post #13 of 14 Old 07-29-2014, 11:18 AM
Owner
 
550_Maranello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cesena - Italy
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,232
Hello Guys,
we are all agree that is better the relation to the mechanic than to the Banker ...

But every time that you have searched one F used car, you have prefered a low mileage, always .... why?

Remember if you can buy one F with low mileage you must to thank a man that was relation with the banker than the mechanic ... ahahaha

Enjoy our car .....

Fabio

PRESENT: 575 F1 HGTC ROSSO CORSA 2004' - MB CLS 350 CGI 2007'
PAST: 550 ROSSO CORSA 1998' - MB CLK 240 2002'
550_Maranello is offline  
post #14 of 14 Old 07-29-2014, 02:17 PM
Owner
 
Fiorano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
Not sure this will translate correctly - but did you pump Ethyl
.
Of course not. It was a Family FLED

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
Fiorano is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale