575M Maranello speakers, 4 or 6? - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 04-30-2014, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto
Ferrari Life Posts: 535
575M Maranello speakers, 4 or 6?

Does anyone know how many speakers are in a 575M? From my casual observation there are 4, 1 in the left drivers side door, 1 in the right passenger side door, 1 in the left rear quarter panel, and 1 in the right rear quarter panel.
The reason I ask is because my speakers rear speakers are blown so I thought I would take the opportunity to replace all four (or 6 if there is 6) and install a new bluetooth compatible, iPhone compatible stereo fitted to the original slot.
The car audio specialist who I have been communicating with seems to feel that there are 2 speakers under the dashboard as well, is this true?
Does anyone know?
tifosi_ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 04-30-2014, 08:00 PM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
Clyde- Four are standard and there are two subwoofers added if you have the optional HiFi version.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is online now  
post #3 of 8 Old 05-01-2014, 12:25 AM
Owner
 
550_Maranello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cesena - Italy
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi_ View Post
Does anyone know how many speakers are in a 575M? From my casual observation there are 4, 1 in the left drivers side door, 1 in the right passenger side door, 1 in the left rear quarter panel, and 1 in the right rear quarter panel.
The reason I ask is because my speakers rear speakers are blown so I thought I would take the opportunity to replace all four (or 6 if there is 6) and install a new bluetooth compatible, iPhone compatible stereo fitted to the original slot.
The car audio specialist who I have been communicating with seems to feel that there are 2 speakers under the dashboard as well, is this true?
Does anyone know?


Hi,


at the end of dash board (left and right) there are two twitter, item 6.
Attached Images
 

Fabio

PRESENT: 575 F1 HGTC ROSSO CORSA 2004' - MB CLS 350 CGI 2007'
PAST: 550 ROSSO CORSA 1998' - MB CLK 240 2002'
550_Maranello is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 Old 05-01-2014, 04:02 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto
Ferrari Life Posts: 535
Thanks Terry, not sure if mine originally had the HiFi option or not, so I'll have to double check. Thanks for the diagram Fabio

Clyde
tifosi_ is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 05-01-2014, 09:30 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
Clyde- In case you do not have it, here is the parts catalog page. Note the rear upholstery is different for the HiFi.

http://www.ricambiamerica.com/parts_...&V=diag&I=1162
Attached Images
 

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is online now  
post #6 of 8 Old 05-01-2014, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto
Ferrari Life Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Clyde- In case you do not have it, here is the parts catalog page. Note the rear upholstery is different for the HiFi.

Ferrari 575M Parts : Table 139 - STEREO EQUIPMENT - GPS
Thanks Terry that's exactly what I needed! (didn't have it)
Clyde
tifosi_ is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 05-01-2014, 10:49 PM
Owner
 
575er's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ireland
Ferrari Life Posts: 624
Hi Clyde keep us posted on the upgrades. I am interested in how you go about the project and the end results you achieve.

Cheers
Michael

Current Fcars: 360 Modena
Gone but not forgotten: 360 Spider, 575M, F430.
Other stuff: '71 Holden GTS Monaro, '80 BMW Alpina B9, '74 Porsche Targa, Caterham, MB CL500, Land Rover Discovery.
575er is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 05-02-2014, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto
Ferrari Life Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by 575er View Post
Hi Clyde keep us posted on the upgrades. I am interested in how you go about the project and the end results you achieve.

Cheers
Michael
Sure thing Michael,
The car is scheduled to go in next Wednesday. I am getting a new stereo radio fitted to the outlet that includes bluetooth and iPhone hookup. Originally I requested 4 replacement speakers but now the installer is searching for 6 appropriate speakers (2 low range for the rear quarters, 2 mid range for the doors, 2 tweeters for the dash)
tifosi_ is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale