550 Maranello SD2 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 10-15-2004, 05:50 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 15
550 Maranello SD2

Hello everyone,

I am new on board. I am looking at getting a M550 very soon. I have allready ordered the workshop manual but I am looking for some kind of software to be able to service my Ferrari.
My question is the following: Is there a software out there capable of translating the error codes / messages and able to reset the inspection intervals that I can load into a laptop?
I presently use something similar for my Audi from RossTech but is there something for Ferraris ? I do not want to get to Ferrari and buy an SD2 system. :nuts:
Thanks for all the replies,
DG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-15-2004, 09:33 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 476
First, welcome!

As far as being able to get to the codes that's been a bit of a contention with many Ferrari and other marquee car owners. Ferrari doesn't provide that information. And I don't know of anyone who's been able to get hold of it.

Congress here in the U.S. is currently working on legislation to make manufacturers reveal these codes. http://civilliberty.about.com/b/a/072888.htm

Until this happens we'll just have to try and track down the information ourselves. If you find it let us know! Or, I could be wrong and someone here might have found it and I just haven't seen the post. If it has been found the thread should be made a sticky.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/nation...arheads15.html
post #3 of 4 Old 10-16-2004, 12:05 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Charles,

I was told this would go into effect next year (2005) and that after that anyone could purchase an SD2 decoder from Ferrari. This was what I was told by a mechanic just a few weeks ago.

post #4 of 4 Old 10-17-2004, 03:10 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,684
Only the official dealers' workshop have the CD and computer. If you can get to the sevice engineer and convince him to copy the software, you'll be set. But so far I've not heard of anyone having those codes.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode