Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cesena - Italy
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,232
575 AIRBAG check light
I have a problem with my 575 AIRBAG check light, shortly the history ...
- I bought the car on february and all ok,I turned off and turned on the battery switch every time that I drive, about one times a month.
- on march I removed cats and contemporarly one precat was broken ad the airbag light on (bad day)
- I went to my official ferrari workshop for the restore, they check the electric wires, all ok and they need to replaced the airbag ECU because was the problem.
- I put car in garage and turn off battery switch, after 15 days i turn on the switch, started the engine and .... the aribag lights on!
- I returned to ferrari workshop, after 2 days they told me the the ECU was broken, Ferrari changed in warranty the ECU but in this case they change also the battery,otherwise they want to listen nothing ....
I tell them ok, you make change battery (she had 3 month!)
They told me that is good to NOT turn off the battery switch ....
Ok I obey to they advice.
- I used car all summer and all ok, but last saturday I picked up the car to go to a friend for 5 km,I arrived and turn off key.
when I turn on key and engine started the airbag light was ON !
Crazy .....but otherwise the car is perfect and very enjoy to drive .....
Tomorrow I will re phone at the Ferrari workshop, but I think they not know the problem ....
Anyone had the same problem?
PRESENT: 575 F1 HGTC ROSSO CORSA 2004' - MB CLS 350 CGI 2007'
PAST: 550 ROSSO CORSA 1998' - MB CLK 240 2002'