599GTB Electrical Problem - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-20-2013, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 7
599GTB Electrical Problem

Hi Ferrari Life readers, I recently purchased a 599gtb with 2400 on it. I was originally looking for a 430 scud but I couldnt keep my eyes off the 599s whenever I went to dealership so here I am and ultimately its a better choice for my needs as well. Ive been meaning to post photos but I havnt had a chance, I will as soon as I have a chance.

Im having an electrical problem so I thought I would ask here before taking it to the dealer. A couple weeks back I was driving and went to turn on the heater and everything was dead also the lights on the cieling were out. I shut her down and restarted her and everything was fine. Last night I was driving and the radio, the screen on the left side of the instrument cluster, Air Conditioner shut on and off
really quickly. Then today when I started it the green lights on the AC dials were flashing on and off for a few seconds then stabilized. Any Ideas on what this could be?

Thanks,

AndrewG

AndrewG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-20-2013, 06:15 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,881
Andrew- It sounds like your battery may be ready to give up the ghost or you have loose battery connectors like the ground cable, and the glitches you are seeing could be the first indications. I would have the battery checked and see if it is ok. If the battery is ok, not much choice but to take it to the dealer and have them diagnose the problem.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-21-2013, 08:41 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,127
Hi Andrew, welcome to Flife! looking forward to seeing some pics of the 599, beuatiful car!

It's probably still under warranty? When that's the case I wouldn' t touch it and go see the dealer, you never know...
Good luck solving the problem!

Jeroen

Italian bella's:
550 Maranello 7-2000 nero/nero
1974 Ducati 750 Yellow Sport
1974 Ducati 350 Desmo Yellow Sport
2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200S
(And a few Alfa Romeo's and Range Rovers)

Power is nothing without control

post #4 of 5 Old 01-26-2013, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 7
I forgot to mention that its a 2008 so no warranty.

I had to go out of town so I hooked up the battery tender for the first time. The dealer put a new battery in when they had it but I dont know how long they had it.

When I get back Ill see if the tender helped. I will check the battery connections as well. I actually dont know where the battery is? If anyone knows off the top of there head? Otherwise I will look in the owners manual.

Thanks for all the help!
post #5 of 5 Old 01-26-2013, 08:30 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,881
Battery is on the right-hand side of the trunk behind an access panel. The small panel is for the battery disconnect switch and the larger one is for the battery.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode