My New 575 HGTC - Page 21 - Ferrari Life
 21Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #401 of 568 Old 01-28-2016, 09:04 AM
Owner
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Ferrari Life Posts: 220
Sometimes I forget how lucky we are !

I get to drive my beautiful 550 all year long. occasionally when driving from Los Angeles to Las Vegas I do get a little snow and rain but of course that is of no consequence.

I'm glad you got a chance to take your car out, I just can't imagine not being able to drive my car for long periods of time.

Cheers,

Bill
Bill is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #402 of 568 Old 01-28-2016, 09:13 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto
Ferrari Life Posts: 535
Hey Bill
You are truly really fortunate. Try living in Canada where the weather goes below zero and there is tons of snow and/or tons of salt on the roads in winter. On second thought don't, Los Angeles is much better.
Clyde


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tifosi_ is offline  
post #403 of 568 Old 04-04-2016, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
550_Maranello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cesena - Italy
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,232
Hi,
follow a picture of the F1 actuator of my 575, it is in very clean condition, as the gearbox, and also the hoses appears nice ...
About operation, it never missed a gear shift .... form when i purchased the car ...
Next month during annual service we will replace the F1 oil ... is the minimum ...
Attached Images
 

Fabio

PRESENT: 575 F1 HGTC ROSSO CORSA 2004' - MB CLS 350 CGI 2007'
PAST: 550 ROSSO CORSA 1998' - MB CLK 240 2002'
550_Maranello is offline  
 
post #404 of 568 Old 04-04-2016, 02:10 PM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
Fabio- She looks brand new down there. Have you changed any of the hoses or are those all the original ones?

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is online now  
post #405 of 568 Old 04-04-2016, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
550_Maranello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cesena - Italy
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Fabio- She looks brand new down there. Have you changed any of the hoses or are those all the original ones?
Terry,
no i changed anything from when i purchased 3 years ago, i think are the original ones of the car delivery on 2004...
After the problem of "Vafa Mansouri" two years ago i done a check but my hoses was appear new ....
My dealer had change the F1 oil three years ago when i purchased the car, and next month i tell to them to replace again ....


Terry, also if it is a completely different technology of gearbox ... for example in my 2007 CLS 350 cgi, that have the 7-G Tronic gearbox, Mercedes advise to change oil first time at 80K and after every 60K km ...
But i asked to my dealer to change early, i want to change every 40 K km ... and the difference is great!!
Every time that the oil is new for 10-15 K km the gearbox appear another thing ....!!!
and now at 265K km it work very good...

Fabio

PRESENT: 575 F1 HGTC ROSSO CORSA 2004' - MB CLS 350 CGI 2007'
PAST: 550 ROSSO CORSA 1998' - MB CLK 240 2002'
550_Maranello is offline  
post #406 of 568 Old 04-05-2016, 07:28 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
Fabio- Same here on gearbox oil changes. On Corvettes, the change interval was very long, but I had them changed much more frequently. Same for Jan's GL 550 automatic. I think it really extends the life of the components.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is online now  
post #407 of 568 Old 04-27-2016, 07:46 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto
Ferrari Life Posts: 535
Fabio and Terry,
For almost 3 years now since I've owned my 575, every once in a while, my F1 transmission misses a shift and goes into neutral when unshifting at speed. This has been particularly irritating to me when I am at the track. Last year I had my clutch life checked and it still shows 46% wear, so I have decent clutch life left. I was at the local Ferrari dealer this weekend and discussed with the service manager about changing the F1 transmission fluid and transaxle fluid to improve this situation, which has been recommended on this forum, and he did his best try to convince me that its not a good idea to open and change either the F1 fluid or the transaxle fluid. So now I am not sure what to do?
Clyde
tifosi_ is offline  
post #408 of 568 Old 04-27-2016, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
550_Maranello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cesena - Italy
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi_ View Post
Fabio and Terry,
For almost 3 years now since I've owned my 575, every once in a while, my F1 transmission misses a shift and goes into neutral when unshifting at speed. This has been particularly irritating to me when I am at the track. Last year I had my clutch life checked and it still shows 46% wear, so I have decent clutch life left. I was at the local Ferrari dealer this weekend and discussed with the service manager about changing the F1 transmission fluid and transaxle fluid to improve this situation, which has been recommended on this forum, and he did his best try to convince me that its not a good idea to open and change either the F1 fluid or the transaxle fluid. So now I am not sure what to do?
Clyde
Clyde,
i tell what my dealer (and I) think, and Terry can tell his thinking ...


1 - change the F1 fluid is a good thing for the life of the system, replace time advised is 3 year.
About chang F1 fluid there are two way:
A) disconnect all pipes and remove all fluid, but after that is necessary to do the F1 system bleed only by means of SD2 tester
B) change only the oil that is in the oil reservoir, is not necessary any bleed ... in this case is better reduce time form 3 to two years ... This is the way advised by my dealer and i agree with this way.


2- also Transaxle oil is better to change at the advised time, that i not remember .... and is important use an oil with correct specifications, not important the brand ..
This oil is not cause the fault shift to neutral but increase the life, and the working of the synchronizers.
And the self locking differential early growing old the oil ..

My dealer tell me that for correcting of the "fault shift to neutral" there is a procedure with the SD2 tester that do all the shifts in order to make a new sets points in the system becasue is possible that due to the normal wear the forks and inside levers have changed a little bit their engagement points ... Like same that is in the clutch.


Best Regards

Fabio

PRESENT: 575 F1 HGTC ROSSO CORSA 2004' - MB CLS 350 CGI 2007'
PAST: 550 ROSSO CORSA 1998' - MB CLK 240 2002'
550_Maranello is offline  
post #409 of 568 Old 04-27-2016, 08:38 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto
Ferrari Life Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by 550_Maranello View Post
Clyde,
i tell what my dealer (and I) think, and Terry can tell his thinking ...


1 - change the F1 fluid is a good thing for the life of the system, replace time advised is 3 year.
About chang F1 fluid there are two way:
A) disconnect all pipes and remove all fluid, but after that is necessary to do the F1 system bleed only by means of SD2 tester
B) change only the oil that is in the oil reservoir, is not necessary any bleed ... in this case is better reduce time form 3 to two years ... This is the way advised by my dealer and i agree with this way.


2- also Transaxle oil is better to change at the advised time, that i not remember .... and is important use an oil with correct specifications, not important the brand ..
This oil is not cause the fault shift to neutral but increase the life, and the working of the synchronizers.
And the self locking differential early growing old the oil ..

My dealer tell me that for correcting of the "fault shift to neutral" there is a procedure with the SD2 tester that do all the shifts in order to make a new sets points in the system becasue is possible that due to the normal wear the forks and inside levers have changed a little bit their engagement points ... Like same that is in the clutch.


Best Regards
Thank you for your advice Fabio,
I will save this thread post and show it to my shop so that they can have a look at my F1 system and change the F1 fluid as recommended (b), and also to use the SD2 tester to adjust the shift points. In fact I wonder if that's what they were offering to do for me already anyway? I will talk with them about it.
Clyde
tifosi_ is offline  
post #410 of 568 Old 04-27-2016, 09:57 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
Clyde- I think your service advisor is giving you bad advice all the way around and agree with Fabio's post.

After doing that, I would have the PIS adjusted on the F1/clutch system. Someone who knows what they are doing can set it so clutch life is maximized and engagement is still smooth. It actually sounds like your clutch could be dragging and resetting PIS should cure that.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is online now  
post #411 of 568 Old 04-27-2016, 10:03 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto
Ferrari Life Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Clyde- I think your service advisor is giving you bad advice all the way around and agree with Fabio's post.



After doing that, I would have the PIS adjusted on the F1/clutch system. Someone who knows what they are doing can set it so clutch life is maximized and engagement is still smooth. It actually sounds like your clutch could be dragging and resetting PIS should cure that.


Thanks for those info notes Terry
Actually the service guy at the Ferrari dealer is not my service advisor, I just happened to be at the dealer for an FCA tech session so I took the opportunity to ask him, but I normally have someone else service my car.
I trust your guys' advice and thanks for the tip about my clutch possibly dragging and the ability to reset it with the PIS (what does that stand for btw?). I will ask my service guy to do that for me.
Clyde
tifosi_ is offline  
post #412 of 568 Old 04-27-2016, 02:16 PM
Owner
Elite Member
 
Ferraridriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SF Bay Area USA
Ferrari Life Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi_ View Post
PIS (what does that stand for btw?).
Point of Initial Slippage

Maranello Skunk Works Team Member
Ferraridriver is offline  
post #413 of 568 Old 05-05-2016, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
550_Maranello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cesena - Italy
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,232
Annual service is near,
my dealer next week is busy and probably i will give him my 575 for service in the 20th week ...
She running very good, she deserves cares ....

Fabio

PRESENT: 575 F1 HGTC ROSSO CORSA 2004' - MB CLS 350 CGI 2007'
PAST: 550 ROSSO CORSA 1998' - MB CLK 240 2002'
550_Maranello is offline  
post #414 of 568 Old 05-05-2016, 08:09 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto
Ferrari Life Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by 550_Maranello View Post
Annual service is near,

my dealer next week is busy and probably i will give him my 575 for service in the 20th week ...

She running very good, she deserves cares ....


Ciao Fabio,
Maybe you can check when you're there if Stefano is Massimo's brother?
Yes your 575 deserves to be cared for.
Clyde
tifosi_ is offline  
post #415 of 568 Old 05-05-2016, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
550_Maranello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cesena - Italy
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi_ View Post
Ciao Fabio,
Maybe you can check when you're there if Stefano is Massimo's brother?
Yes your 575 deserves to be cared for.
Clyde
Ciao Clyde,
yes last week i asked, sorry i forgot to inform you ..
No my Stefano is unique son ... and does not know Massimo ..
I was from him just this morning for showing my tails and for pick up a back muffler of 599 in order to do my new design ..
Please see 488 section

Fabio

PRESENT: 575 F1 HGTC ROSSO CORSA 2004' - MB CLS 350 CGI 2007'
PAST: 550 ROSSO CORSA 1998' - MB CLK 240 2002'
550_Maranello is offline  
post #416 of 568 Old 05-05-2016, 08:16 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto
Ferrari Life Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by 550_Maranello View Post
Ciao Clyde,
yes last week i asked, sorry i forgot to inform you ..
No my Stefano is unique son ... and does not know Massimo ..
I was from him just this morning for showing my tails and for pick up a back muffler of 599 in order to do my new design ..
Please see 488 section
Thank for checking Fabio. Ok I will look at the 488 section to see what you're doing with the 599 muffler.
Clyde
tifosi_ is offline  
post #417 of 568 Old 05-05-2016, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
550_Maranello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cesena - Italy
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi_ View Post
Thank for checking Fabio. Ok I will look at the 488 section to see what you're doing with the 599 muffler.
Clyde
Also my dealer use one electronic specialist for upgrade of the engine ECUs and F1 ECU gearbox, in past he upgraded some F360, F430 and F575 with happy result, but from 5/6 month he stopped the F1 ECUs upgrade ...
And not tell to my dealer why ....

Fabio

PRESENT: 575 F1 HGTC ROSSO CORSA 2004' - MB CLS 350 CGI 2007'
PAST: 550 ROSSO CORSA 1998' - MB CLK 240 2002'
550_Maranello is offline  
post #418 of 568 Old 05-05-2016, 08:22 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto
Ferrari Life Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by 550_Maranello View Post
Also my dealer use one electronic specialist for upgrade of the engine ECUs and F1 ECU gearbox, in past he upgraded some F360, F430 and F575 with happy result, but from 5/6 month he stopped the F1 ECUs upgrade ...
And not tell to my dealer why ....
Maybe its just a question that this specialist is in ill health? I am sure there are other specialists your dealer can have access to who can work on the engine ECUs, though about the F1 ECUs I'm not sure. Here in Toronto I know of 2 Engine ECU specialists who work on Ferraris, but not one that works on F1 ECUs.
Clyde
tifosi_ is offline  
post #419 of 568 Old 05-05-2016, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
550_Maranello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cesena - Italy
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi_ View Post
Maybe its just a question that this specialist is in ill health? I am sure there are other specialists your dealer can have access to who can work on the engine ECUs, though about the F1 ECUs I'm not sure. Here in Toronto I know of 2 Engine ECU specialists who work on Ferraris, but not one that works on F1 ECUs.
Clyde
No is not a health question .... because for engine ECUs upgrading is at disposal ..
My dealer not seen him from approx 7/8 month, his tell stopped F1 upgrading only by phone, and by phone he no wanted to explain why ....
Software that manage the gearbox is called "Sofast", 1-2-3-4.

Sofast 3 is of 430 150 ms of time shift..
575 have sofast 2 220 ms

Fabio

PRESENT: 575 F1 HGTC ROSSO CORSA 2004' - MB CLS 350 CGI 2007'
PAST: 550 ROSSO CORSA 1998' - MB CLK 240 2002'
550_Maranello is offline  
post #420 of 568 Old 05-05-2016, 10:44 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto
Ferrari Life Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by 550_Maranello View Post
No is not a health question .... because for engine ECUs upgrading is at disposal ..
My dealer not seen him from approx 7/8 month, his tell stopped F1 upgrading only by phone, and by phone he no wanted to explain why ....
Software that manage the gearbox is called "Sofast", 1-2-3-4.

Sofast 3 is of 430 150 ms of time shift..
575 have sofast 2 220 ms
That is quite strange though that he decided that he doesn't want to do it anymore Fabio
Anyway , thank you for the information on the Sofast 3 for the F430 and the Sofast 2 for the 575, both of which I have never heard of before. I am going to ask Massimo if this is what he will be using to smooth out and speed out the F1 shifting mechanism. Is this from Italy? Do you know the company that provides it?
Clyde
tifosi_ is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale