My New 575 HGTC - Page 20 - Ferrari Life
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #381 of 568 Old 06-04-2015, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,232
Hello a all,

Two days ago my friend crismic of FL came to me in Milano Marittima with his family (and his wonderful 456) for a meeting ....
I brought he around with my 575 and i make him also drive my 575 ....
He was impressed about the handling suspension, the power and the fast gas response, and about the sound .... he liked so much!

He took some pictures of me and two audio files of me passing on the way ....

Follow the two videos, are in less definition because he sendded me by phone, but as soon is possible i will post the high definition videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_Ulk4dhoIU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br3FFASGuk8
Attached Images

Fabio

PRESENT: 575 F1 HGTC ROSSO CORSA 2004' - MB CLS 350 CGI 2007'
PAST: 550 ROSSO CORSA 1998' - MB CLK 240 2002'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #382 of 568 Old 06-04-2015, 11:36 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Fabio, that is simply lovely, street F1 sound !

w/ smiles
Jimmy

Italian Lover
post #383 of 568 Old 06-05-2015, 11:40 PM
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 50
Fabio, would you please PM me with further details and price for your headers for a 1999 550 Maranello. I am interested in a catalyst and non-catalyst option if there is one. I really like the much higher-pitched sound that your 575 puts out.

Thank you,
Wil

post #384 of 568 Old 08-20-2015, 04:38 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Hello at all,

this morning i got up early (6:20 am) for one most important thing .... was my red toy ... hahaha
THe reason of this early morning wash is my more busy at work ...
The 575 is at my mother home and yesterday evening i sleep here without wife, otherwise my wife would say to me "...you are crazy..."
Apart those joking things ....
Next sunday i will have a Ferrari meeting in Bologna and i will have 575 in perfect conditions ....
I picked up out of garage the car, last time was two weeks ago, already I missed .... as soon she started and i listen her sound ... immediately was born smile ...

I had two beautiful hours during them my toy it become light sparkling .....

After that, happy I went to work .

I think, and i hope, is the same thing for you FL members .....
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf 14 INCONTRO CON LE FERRARI 23 08 2015.pdf (379.7 KB, 92 views)

Fabio

post #385 of 568 Old 08-20-2015, 05:21 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 192
Very Nice Fabio, a great way to start the day. And it looks like you have a Sunday to look forward to.

Just to make this post a little more interesting, the pic below is of a FHP rear spring next to a HGTC rear spring. Every physical measurement is identical. The technical specs on paper say the FHP measures 5 pounds stiffer than the actual measurement taken from the new HGTC. The fronts will show the reverse with the HGTC the stiffer spring.

Bill
FL
Attached Images

post #386 of 568 Old 08-20-2015, 06:10 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 535
Hey Bill,

By chance are you selling FHP and/or HGTC springs or replacement springs for the 575? I have a standard 575 but would love to tighten up the suspension a bit.

Clyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaDog06 View Post
Very Nice Fabio, a great way to start the day. And it looks like you have a Sunday to look forward to.

Just to make this post a little more interesting, the pic below is of a FHP rear spring next to a HGTC rear spring. Every physical measurement is identical. The technical specs on paper say the FHP measures 5 pounds stiffer than the actual measurement taken from the new HGTC. The fronts will show the reverse with the HGTC the stiffer spring.

Bill
FL
post #387 of 568 Old 08-20-2015, 06:15 AM
Owner

Hi Fabio,

Your 575 looks glorious!

Clyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by 550_Maranello View Post
Hello at all,

this morning i got up early (6:20 am) for one most important thing .... was my red toy ... hahaha
THe reason of this early morning wash is my more busy at work ...
The 575 is at my mother home and yesterday evening i sleep here without wife, otherwise my wife would say to me "...you are crazy..."
Apart those joking things ....
Next sunday i will have a Ferrari meeting in Bologna and i will have 575 in perfect conditions ....
I picked up out of garage the car, last time was two weeks ago, already I missed .... as soon she started and i listen her sound ... immediately was born smile ...

I had two beautiful hours during them my toy it become light sparkling .....

After that, happy I went to work .

I think, and i hope, is the same thing for you FL members .....
post #388 of 568 Old 08-20-2015, 06:30 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Very nice Fabio! I have not driven my toys for too long. This weekend I must find half an hour!

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #389 of 568 Old 08-20-2015, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Hello Guys,
thanks at all for the compliments ... she is very cleaned ... ready to war with midges ... hahaha
Now with the sticky P0 corsa is too pleasing!

Bill:
i checked on spare parts list,
cod. 175887 "CAGNOLA springs" are of FHP for F550 & F575.
cod. 208679 "COSMOS springs" are an alternative for FHP for F575 & SA
Probably are those last springs on the HGTC option, i need to check on my WSM at home.
From your picture the two springs appear with the same dimensions .... but if they have same dimensions then have same stiffness... the only way that there are different stiffness is if they are made of different materials ..
But we need to remember that steels have all approx the same young-module ...
Bill did you checked if they have the same wire diameter?

Clyde:
If Bill sell his springs is a good buy, but probably for those springs are needed other shock absorbers for a good coupling, Bill can confirm if is that.

Onno:
i think for sure you will find a time for play with your two great toys ....
Attached Images

Fabio

post #390 of 568 Old 08-20-2015, 06:11 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi_ View Post
Hey Bill,

By chance are you selling FHP and/or HGTC springs or replacement springs for the 575? I have a standard 575 but would love to tighten up the suspension a bit.

Clyde
Clyde, I am in the process of switching from FHP springs to HGTC springs. The reason is simply that I ended up with so many HGTC pieces on the car that in the interest of long term value it should all be HGTC. The FHP suspension made me very happy. In regards to the sale of the FHP springs, they are committed to another member. He is just waiting for me to deliver. You were second in line showing interest, and if the other individual changes his mind I will be sure to contact you.
Thanks again for your interest.
Also I believe Taz posted that FHP shocks and standard shocks are the same, just the springs, sway bar and ECU's were different.

Fabio, these rear springs are exact in every dimension. Only the part numbers are different. And yes metallurgy is the only explanation for any difference in stiffness. However my guess is that they are the same. The rated number on the FHP is 245#. Since published information is limited on the HGTC springs I took them over to a local NASCAR race shop here in Daytona Beach, FL. and had them tested. The rear HGTC's measured at 240#. Basically the same.
The front HGTC springs are 95% identical to published dimensions specs for FHP. However they tested out at 425#, where as if my memory holds the FHP's are rated at 400#. The race shop did pay a compliment after the test, saying that they were very high quality springs as their numbers were very consistent.

Fabio, if you ever have the opportunity to measure your factory HGTC springs front and rear, I would really enjoy knowing your wire diameters to compare.

Once finished changing these over I'll post a more detailed report and pictures comparing FHP and HGTC springs.
Bill
FL
post #391 of 568 Old 08-20-2015, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Clyde, I am in the process of switching from FHP springs to HGTC springs. The reason is simply that I ended up with so many HGTC pieces on the car that in the interest of long term value it should all be HGTC. The FHP suspension made me very happy. In regards to the sale of the FHP springs, they are committed to another member. He is just waiting for me to deliver. You were second in line showing interest, and if the other individual changes his mind I will be sure to contact you.
Also I believe Taz posted that FHP shocks and standard shocks are the same, just the springs, sway bar and ECU's were different.

Fabio, these rear springs are exact in every dimension. Only the part numbers are different. And yes metallurgy is the only explanation for any difference in stiffness. However my guess is that they are the same. The rated number on the FHP is 245#. Since published information is limited on the HGTC springs I took them over to a local NASCAR race shop here in Daytona Beach, FL. and had them tested. The rear HGTC's measured at 240#. Basically the same.
The front HGTC springs are 95% identical to published dimensions specs for FHP. However they tested out at 425#, where as if my memory holds the FHP's are rated at 400#. The race shop did pay a compliment after the test, saying that they were very high quality springs as their numbers were very consistent.

Fabio, if you ever have the opportunity to measure your factory HGTC springs front and rear, I would really enjoy knowing your wire diameters to compare.

Once finished changing these over I'll post a more detailed report and pictures comparing FHP and HGTC springs.
Bill
FL
Good Morning Bill,

as soon possible, i will take the wire diameter of my factory HGTC springs front and rear, directly with caliber.
Your guess, that they are the same, probably is true ...
Very good the fact that you have tested the springs on a race shop, and very nice that are high quality springs.
I sended you a PM with 575 suspension set-up, on that two picture are showed the different heights for "standard", FHP and HGTC.

Regards

Fabio

post #392 of 568 Old 08-24-2015, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Hello,
yesterday i went to a Ferrari meeting in Bologna from my friends of local SFC, we went around the hills streets, very nice places ... and we stopped in Sasso Marconi for visit the Marconi Museum.
I know Marconi, but not in detail like explained yesterday ... His history is very very interesting, he was an exception person but he also was lucky to have relatives in UK, and by friends of those relatives, he could patented his invention, that was an assembly of existent components...
If you pass thru Bologna, is an interesting visit to do, is possible visit only with reservation with guide.
follow the website
http://www.fgm.it/en.html

... my HGTC on the hills? .... hahaha lovely .....!!!!!

Best Regards at all
Attached Images

Fabio

post #393 of 568 Old 09-02-2015, 01:25 PM
Owner

That's too bad Bill, but I'll keep looking for either FHP or GTC springs and I'm sure I'll come up with some sooner or later.

Clyde

Quote:

Bill
FL
post #394 of 568 Old 09-15-2015, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Hi,
last week i brought my 575 to my dealer for injectors control &/or cleaning, perhaps at the end of the week she will be ready to sing ... hahaha

Fabio

post #395 of 568 Old 09-15-2015, 12:41 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 550_Maranello View Post
Hi,
last week i brought my 575 to my dealer for injectors control &/or cleaning, perhaps at the end of the week she will be ready to sing ... hahaha
Sounds good Fabio,

Keep us posted on how she feels after your injectors cleaning. Are you having any work done on the F1 tranny as well or does your work fine without missing any shifts?

Clyde
post #396 of 568 Old 09-15-2015, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi_ View Post
Sounds good Fabio,

Keep us posted on how she feels after your injectors cleaning. Are you having any work done on the F1 tranny as well or does your work fine without missing any shifts?

Clyde
Clyde,
I have my 575 from 2013 and i drove at today for 6000 km , fortunatetely i never had problems with F1 gearbox, i love, is every time perfect.
On 2014 my official dealer changed F1 fluid and he done the auto procedure that i explained weeks ago, ve done that usually, but i never had problem alzo before.
Kind regards

Fabio

post #397 of 568 Old 01-26-2016, 05:34 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Hello guys,

today is was too sun, too nice, too good weather .... for not pick up my red toy ....
I drove for 41 km, on freeway between guardrails.. the wave sound is reflected in wonderful way ... hahaha

After that i put her in a garage i caressed her ....
Attached Images

Fabio

post #398 of 568 Old 01-26-2016, 10:39 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
Fabio- She looks great. Nice to get out in the winter.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #399 of 568 Old 01-26-2016, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Fabio- She looks great. Nice to get out in the winter.
Yes Terry,
when there are sunny days i like to drive my 575 also in the winter ...

Fabio

post #400 of 568 Old 01-27-2016, 03:52 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 38
Garage
Congratulations to you Fabio,
my beauty is jacked up in the garage. I really envious of you that you can ride it in the wintertime :-)

Oliver

Present: 575 M
Past: Mondial T, 355 GTS F1, 550 Maranello

Live each day as if it were your last

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode