Buying 599 GTB - Questions! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-05-2013, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Buying 599 GTB - Questions!

I'm looking at a 2007 and 2008 model. Are there any differences, any updates in later year models?

What options are a must have?

How many km between services?

What should I look for when looking at a car, things that need to be there, like tool-kits? Any standard luggage?

I'm coming from BMW M's and have very little knowledge about Ferrari.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,881
Welcome to Ferrari Life. If you go to ferraridatabase.com, you can download owner's manuals for the 599. Unless you intend to use the 599 as a daily driver, service is usually on a annual basis, where fluids and filters are changed. There are other intervals for things like suspension settings, but the service and warranty book is a separate volume and I do not have it.

Options are a matter of personal taste, but CCM brakes are one I would like. They did not become standard until Fall 2007, so earlier cars may or may not have them. The monolithic or Challenge style wheels are also a desirable option and, to me, much more attractive than the pentagram wheels.

There were extensive carbon fiber options and seat covering options, but those are a matter of taste and were a matter of budget. The more free CF you get, the better, probably.

The 599 has chain driven camshafts and a really tough, dual plate clutch, so maintenance requirements are lower than for a cambelt car like the 612.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-05-2013, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Amazing! Thank you very much Terry.

post #4 of 5 Old 01-05-2013, 10:21 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
post #5 of 5 Old 03-07-2014, 01:40 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
I'm also looking to buy a Ferrari, but not the new ones such as 458 and F12 Berlinetta, I want to get a ferrari f430 or 599, but I'm leaning to the 599 more, but my problem is that all the ferraris that are up for sale are too expensive, I live in Saudi Arabia btw, and they have this kind of plan where they have it up for sale overpriced so when you wanna buy one you lower the price down to the actual price of the car, what I've said might a little bit confusing, anyways, that's why it's hard to look for a ferrari with good mileage, good history in Ferrari Service, and most importantly an honest seller

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode