I have had the 456 for 3 and a half years. I love the car and the way it drives. Haven't had any major issues with it. I am midway though the second major on the car. The car was not all that well maintained before I owned it and I have put a lot of time into correcting the issues, mostly because I like to tinker and it is an interesting car from an engineering perspective - and when I say this, some of it makes you say, "huh?"
The car is fun to take on trips, though I have never driven a car that needed cruise control more and didn't have it than this one. Seems silly, but a 6 hour drive in the car can get to be a pain. Very comfortable car for up to 4 hours at a clip though. I will say this, I will take the car from CT to upstate NY, ~800 miles round trip, and it will run like a top for a few months after...
I pretty much daily drive the car in the summer; I try to take it to work at least 3 times a week then run errands with it on the weekends.
Work I have done:
- Interior leather redone (dash, dash gauge pod, headliner, rear shelf - twice)
- Fuel pump rubber mounts
- Major - twice (2nd in progress): belts, tensioners, plugs, etc
- Valves adjusted
- Cam seals and o-rings
- Spark plug wires - ouch
- Window fix from F1 Motorsports - both windows
- Window computer
- Driver's door harness replaced - look at the harness if having window issues...
- Radiator replaced with Ron Davis custom made unit
- Motor mounts replaced
- Rear shocks done by Delta Vee racing to cure leaking
- Added iPod connection to amp in the trunk routed to consol
- Coolant hoses under intake
- Intake gaskets
- Fuel injectors cleaned
- Lower cam belt drive pulley fences welded
Still need to do the A-arm bushings - next year perhaps...