550 Parking Lights stuck on - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 11-01-2012, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
550 Parking Lights stuck on

Hey All,

I sent a few interior pieces to Robbie for the stickynomore treatment-- including the 7 trim switches. First I'd like to recommend his work to anyone. Incredible job and very fast turn around time.

My question for the technical guys is this: I just put the switches back in but there seems to be a problem with the parking lights (fogs and rear lights). They are stuck on, regardless of whether the button is installed, switched on, or switched off, or if the car is on or off. If the battery is on, the lights are on.

I imagine its something with the connector, but I can't quite figure out the design and what might be causing the constant contact. If anyone could "shed some light" on this I'd be forever grateful!

Thanks,
Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,206
IIRC, it's possible to transpose the connectors for the emergency flashers and the parking lights. I've forgotten what happens when you do this, but it might be the situation that you have now.

Have a look at this pic and see if you've got the connectors right. The red connector goes to the parking lights and the blue one should go to the emergency flashers.

As a check, pull both the blue and the red connectors off the switches and see if your parking lights go out. They should!
Attached Images

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
post #3 of 4 Old 11-02-2012, 07:19 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Thanks, it was the switch contact.

Love you work btw. Your lift system is great. Any pics of your car? Looks slammed.

post #4 of 4 Old 11-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by qksilver View Post
Thanks, it was the switch contact.

Love you work btw. Your lift system is great. Any pics of your car? Looks slammed.
Good to hear you found the problem.

Thanks for the kind words; no my 550 isn't lowered, that first video just shows the entry to my own home's driveway, and how close the front lip comes to hitting it.

With only me in the car I could usually clear it by angling in, however if there was a passenger, it was nearly guaranteed to drag. Imagine asking your passenger to "..please get out of the car so it won't drag entering the driveway?"

With the lift kit, no more worries!

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode