550 radio - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 12-21-2003, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 22
550 radio

Hi everyone. I am new to the Ferrari Forum today .... I came across it while spending hours on the internet looking for an answer to a radio problem. I have a 2000 550 which I bought last week that has what appears to be a Becker radio (? Mexico variant) with a remote CD player. When the radio was turned on the message came up "FERRARI" and then had 4 stars which was for the code to be entered. I may not have had the right code but after entering it 3 times the message was "WAIT". I got tired of waiting after a couple of minutes so I started to push buttons to see if I could exit it including the button that flips the face plate open for the cassette slot. When the faceplate was pushed back the message LED has been blank ever sense, including turning on and off the ignition, on off button and even the battery disconnect. Is this something I can rectify or is it a 150 mile trip to the dealer? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-21-2003, 04:50 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,684
You must get the correct code from the previous owner otherwise you'll never get it to operate.

The radio will reset itself everytime you diconnect the battery. So try that. But make sure you have the correct code first.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-23-2003, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 22
Thanks.... I spoke with a dealer who told me to drive the car for about an hour then it will allow me to enter the correct radio code again.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode