550, 575 or 599? - Page 9 - Ferrari Life
View Poll Results: 550, 575 or 599
550 96 36.09%
575 64 24.06%
599 106 39.85%
Voters: 266. You may not vote on this poll

 4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #161 of 185 Old 05-16-2016, 06:46 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto
Ferrari Life Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotti View Post
Love this discussion! I've admired greatly the 599 since it was launched. Those curves are PenÚlope Cruz the night she met Bond, luscious and epic in red. It's wide like a supercar can be, low slung front end, perched on its rear haunches, growling 12 cylinders that erupt into a cacophonous howl when summed for duty. I'm getting one, and these are the reasons.
That's a great description Roti, sounds almost like sex! Lol!
Clyde
tifosi_ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #162 of 185 Old 05-23-2016, 10:05 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Ferrari Life Posts: 3
Attached Images
 
Joeyg is offline  
post #163 of 185 Old 05-24-2016, 05:10 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto
Ferrari Life Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyg View Post
Nice angle shot Joeyg
tifosi_ is offline  
 
post #164 of 185 Old 05-24-2016, 05:55 AM
Owner
 
550_Maranello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cesena - Italy
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyg View Post
Ciao Joeyg,

wonderful garage ....

Fabio

PRESENT: 575 F1 HGTC ROSSO CORSA 2004' - MB CLS 350 CGI 2007'
PAST: 550 ROSSO CORSA 1998' - MB CLK 240 2002'
550_Maranello is offline  
post #165 of 185 Old 05-25-2016, 12:41 PM
Owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto
Ferrari Life Posts: 535
Though the 575M seems to behind in this poll I would still choose it over a 550 due to the better engine, and nicer more modern interior in my opinion. Just my personal taste though.
Attached Images
 
tifosi_ is offline  
post #166 of 185 Old 05-26-2016, 05:25 AM
Owner
 
intrepid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Saratoga Springs NY
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,005
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi_ View Post
Though the 575M seems to behind in this poll I would still choose it over a 550 due to the better engine, and nicer more modern interior in my opinion. Just my personal taste though.
Clyde, IMO the only reason some claim to prefer the 550 is the scarcity of 3-pedal 575s; otherwise there's no contest

Seth
575M F1, Maserati Spyder, Cadillac STS-V & CTS
past: 330/365GTC speciale, F355b, 412GT, 400iA, 308GT4 2+2, 330GT 2+2, Porsche 356b Super 90, BMW 1800ti

what do I know? I drive blue Ferraris
intrepid is offline  
post #167 of 185 Old 05-26-2016, 06:44 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto
Ferrari Life Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepid View Post
Clyde, IMO the only reason some claim to prefer the 550 is the scarcity of 3-pedal 575s; otherwise there's no contest


tifosi_ is offline  
post #168 of 185 Old 06-10-2016, 08:05 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Ferrari Life Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepid View Post
Clyde, IMO the only reason some claim to prefer the 550 is the scarcity of 3-pedal 575s; otherwise there's no contest
Not really. I've always preferred it over the 575.

I think it looks better; it has a better looking front bumper (even though it has less ground clearance), I prefer the headlights.

For some reason it sounds better (no idea why it is, but it seems quieter to me. An easy fix though).

The top half of the interior is the best on the 575, though. The gauge console looks much better, and the center bit makes it look much newer. Lower half (where the gear shift is) is better on the 550 again (odd, I know...and really nit picking here!).

Both are fantastic cars, though, and my preferences are purely personal. The 550 I've a strong connection with, my best friends dad had one when new which may make me a bit biased. It's always been a goal to have one since then!
Bas Jaski is offline  
post #169 of 185 Old 06-10-2016, 09:10 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto
Ferrari Life Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bas Jaski View Post
Not really. I've always preferred it over the 575.

I think it looks better; it has a better looking front bumper (even though it has less ground clearance), I prefer the headlights.

For some reason it sounds better (no idea why it is, but it seems quieter to me. An easy fix though).

The top half of the interior is the best on the 575, though. The gauge console looks much better, and the center bit makes it look much newer. Lower half (where the gear shift is) is better on the 550 again (odd, I know...and really nit picking here!).

Both are fantastic cars, though, and my preferences are purely personal. The 550 I've a strong connection with, my best friends dad had one when new which may make me a bit biased. It's always been a goal to have one since then!
It may shock you to learn that though I am an owner of a 575, I prefer and yearn after ownership of a 599 which I hope to eventually acquire. Others on this forum are aware of my feelings in that respect because I have defended the design of the 599 while others pointed out the fact that its larger and bulkier looking. I agree with both those statements but still love the car.
tifosi_ is offline  
post #170 of 185 Old 06-10-2016, 09:52 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Ferrari Life Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi_ View Post
It may shock you to learn that though I am an owner of a 575, I prefer and yearn after ownership of a 599 which I hope to eventually acquire. Others on this forum are aware of my feelings in that respect because I have defended the design of the 599 while others pointed out the fact that its larger and bulkier looking. I agree with both those statements but still love the car.
I really like 599's. The star wheels not so much but it's an excellent car. GTO top of the cake of course. They are a tad on the large side (especially for Europe) but something to get used to I guess. I love the design too.
tifosi_ likes this.
Bas Jaski is offline  
post #171 of 185 Old 06-13-2016, 03:11 PM
Elite Member
 
Rotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canberra
Ferrari Life Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi_ View Post
It may shock you to learn that though I am an owner of a 575, I prefer and yearn after ownership of a 599 which I hope to eventually acquire. Others on this forum are aware of my feelings in that respect because I have defended the design of the 599 while others pointed out the fact that its larger and bulkier looking. I agree with both those statements but still love the car.

Agreed. I think it has a beautiful shape. It's the main thing I like about this car. The pseudo Enzo engine is a novelty and a bonus, but the lines n the car are boss. It's almost the primary reason I'm getting one, as well obviously as its reportably a decent drivers car!

Life is not a dress rehearsal
Rotti is offline  
post #172 of 185 Old 06-13-2016, 03:47 PM
Owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto
Ferrari Life Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotti View Post
Agreed. I think it has a beautiful shape. It's the main thing I like about this car. The pseudo Enzo engine is a novelty and a bonus, but the lines n the car are boss. It's almost the primary reason I'm getting one, as well obviously as its reportably a decent drivers car!


It's supposed to be an amazing Driver's car.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tifosi_ is offline  
post #173 of 185 Old 06-15-2016, 05:07 AM
Owner
 
intrepid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Saratoga Springs NY
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,005
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi_ View Post
It's supposed to be an amazing Driver's car. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
as is the 575M with FHP

Seth
575M F1, Maserati Spyder, Cadillac STS-V & CTS
past: 330/365GTC speciale, F355b, 412GT, 400iA, 308GT4 2+2, 330GT 2+2, Porsche 356b Super 90, BMW 1800ti

what do I know? I drive blue Ferraris
intrepid is offline  
post #174 of 185 Old 06-15-2016, 06:27 AM
Owner
 
Bluebottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Exeter, England
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,502
I met the owner of a 599 on Sunday who definitely has a sense of humour: his registration number is BIG 599. Says it all, really! It certainly looked it, parked next to my Dino (unfortunately no picture, but I am sure your imagination can supply the image).

Lovely car, the 599, just not as lovely as a 550. Not that I am in any way biased, you understand

Best wishes, John
Ferrari: 550 Maranello S/N 110995, Dino 246 GT S/N 6934
Other: 1990 Bentley Turbo R, 1989 Porsche 911 C2, 2004 Mercedes 500CLK, 2011 Mercedes E350 CDI, 1972 VW T2 Camper, 2014 Fiat 500C, 1963 Jaguar E-type 3.8 FHC, 2015 Maserati Granturismo Sport
Website: http://bluebottleonline.com/
Bluebottle is offline  
post #175 of 185 Old 06-15-2016, 11:41 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto
Ferrari Life Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepid View Post
as is the 575M with FHP
Yes I love driving the 575 now that I've installed the FHP springs and HGTC anti-roll bar, but since the 599 has an extra 100 HP to play with, I can only assume its that much more of a hot shoe to fling than the 575 (though I could be wrong?)
Clyde
tifosi_ is offline  
post #176 of 185 Old 06-16-2016, 05:35 AM
Owner
 
intrepid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Saratoga Springs NY
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,005
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi_ View Post
Yes I love driving the 575 now that I've installed the FHP springs and HGTC anti-roll bar, but since the 599 has an extra 100 HP to play with, I can only assume its that much more of a hot shoe to fling than the 575 (though I could be wrong?)
Clyde
No, I don't think you're wrong, Clyde. 100 horses are 100 horses. But where would you fling (use) those extra horses and would you really notice the difference?

Seth
575M F1, Maserati Spyder, Cadillac STS-V & CTS
past: 330/365GTC speciale, F355b, 412GT, 400iA, 308GT4 2+2, 330GT 2+2, Porsche 356b Super 90, BMW 1800ti

what do I know? I drive blue Ferraris
intrepid is offline  
post #177 of 185 Old 06-16-2016, 07:51 AM
Owner
 
Bluebottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Exeter, England
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,502
That is even more than 100 horses up on my 550, then. Personally I already find my car's 485 or so more than adequate to my needs, so the idea of another 100+ is nothing short of frightening (and I hate to think what an F12 would be like with 700+!!), but maybe that's a sign of old age

Best wishes, John
Ferrari: 550 Maranello S/N 110995, Dino 246 GT S/N 6934
Other: 1990 Bentley Turbo R, 1989 Porsche 911 C2, 2004 Mercedes 500CLK, 2011 Mercedes E350 CDI, 1972 VW T2 Camper, 2014 Fiat 500C, 1963 Jaguar E-type 3.8 FHC, 2015 Maserati Granturismo Sport
Website: http://bluebottleonline.com/
Bluebottle is offline  
post #178 of 185 Old 06-16-2016, 07:55 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto
Ferrari Life Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepid View Post
No, I don't think you're wrong, Clyde. 100 horses are 100 horses. But where would you fling (use) those extra horses and would you really notice the difference?
You would be surprised . Of course the obvious response would be "at the track", because its not only a matter of the top speed but also the superior acceleration that the 599 along with the super fast F1 shifts (which I would really enjoy). That is only one area, but I also belong to a local car club (for obvious reasons I don't want to mention the name online but its not the Ferrari Club of America) who scout out some really good empty roads away from population centres and we tend to drive quite vigorously on them during the club drives .
Clyde
tifosi_ is offline  
post #179 of 185 Old 06-16-2016, 07:56 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto
Ferrari Life Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebottle View Post
That is even more than 100 horses up on my 550, then. Personally I already find my car's 485 or so more than adequate to my needs, so the idea of another 100+ is nothing short of frightening (and I hate to think what an F12 would be like with 700+!!), but maybe that's a sign of old age
Sorry but I have to agree with you, its a sign of age (LOL! Though I am probably older than you!).
Clyde
tifosi_ is offline  
post #180 of 185 Old 06-19-2016, 10:31 PM
Elite Member
 
Rotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canberra
Ferrari Life Posts: 31
Well I am not qualified to make comparisons with the 550 or 575, though I can say the 599 GTB is epic. I collected it on Friday and drove it 700km back home. It looks incred, so much better in 3D than on screen and confirmed in my mind its an absolute beauty to look at. Gets me every time I get out and turn to look at it. The ride is epic. Huge car but it shrinks around you. The first thing I had to do was navigate a corkscrew in a car park and I though f*#k but it was actually a breeze. Then on the open road it felt like a go kart and no less concerning than fanging my F355 around, seriously! The engine will need a sports exhaust as that's the only thing left to complete what is otherwise an incred visceral experience. Very pleased. Here are some snaps form the drive home.
Attached Images
   

Life is not a dress rehearsal
Rotti is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale