New to the forum from Oregon - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 03-13-2009, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 38
New to the forum from Oregon

hey figured i would move my introduction from another thread over here. Anyone from Oregon?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 03-13-2009, 10:26 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by itr554 View Post
hey figured i would move my introduction from another thread over here. Anyone from Oregon?
Welcome to FLife. What current resides in your garage ?
post #3 of 23 Old 03-13-2009, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Welcome to FLife. What current resides in your garage ?
a boat and a 96 acura integra that should make 800+whp or so.

post #4 of 23 Old 03-13-2009, 07:10 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Welcome again....still waiting for those pictures

“ To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.”-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
post #5 of 23 Old 03-13-2009, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishawk4 View Post
Welcome again....still waiting for those pictures
Yes i posted them for a second in the other thread then realized i should probably start a new one. But was waiting for you to come back in this one and ask haha. here they are. All the fabrication was done by myself in my garage. Only thing i didnt do to this was the machine work on the motor.
Attached Images

post #6 of 23 Old 03-13-2009, 09:29 PM

Looks very nice. I suppose it isn't street legal?

“ To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.”-Anatole France
post #7 of 23 Old 03-13-2009, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Very nice. I suppose it isn't street legal?

It is very street legal. Actually the class i am in basically the car has to be street legal. Has all the interior mirror's all glass and whatnot. However you wont see me daily driving it as there is no point and will just get me into trouble.
post #8 of 23 Old 03-13-2009, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

It's been in the works now for over a year. I was getting ready to finally fire it up this weekend and get it on the dyno. I went to adjust the valves and the machine shop didnt cut the valves correct and i couldnt adjust them. So i had to pull the whole thing apart to take the head back to them. So hopefully in the next month or so i will have some dyno video's
post #9 of 23 Old 03-13-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
It is very street legal. Actually the class i am in basically the car has to be street legal. Has all the interior mirror's all glass and whatnot. However you wont see me daily driving it as there is no point and will just get me into trouble.
Awesome. Do you have an exhaust system on it? I had a high school auto teacher that had a CRX si that put about 400 hp into it, but he had put a silencing muffler on it. I almost bought the car for $5,000. It had an Integra motor with Integra trans, a nice turbo, racing springs, roll cage, and a ton of other things. Too bad, that would've been a fun car. Oh and the car had 1 mile on the engine after the rebuild...he said the racing clutch was irritating in everyday driving though.

post #10 of 23 Old 03-13-2009, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Awesome. Do you have an exhaust system on it? I had a high school auto teacher that had a CRX si that put about 400 hp into it, but he had put a silencing muffler on it. I almost bought the car for $5,000. It had an Integra motor with Integra trans, a nice turbo, racing springs, roll cage, and a ton of other things. Too bad, that would've been a fun car. Oh and the car had 1 mile on the engine after the rebuild...he said the racing clutch was irritating in everyday driving though.
As far as exhaust i just have a 4 inch downpipe that comes off the turbo and goes back to about the shifter thats it. No need for it beings i am not driving it on the street and the class rules do not require it.

Yes some clutches are a pain to drive in stop and go traffice i.e. 4 puck unsprung is a majob pain in the rear.

I have a twin disk for this thing and it shouldnt be too harsh.
post #11 of 23 Old 03-13-2009, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

400 hp is actually pretty fun in a fwd street car. I built my buddies civic that was a pretty basic small setup 61mm turbo on a 1.6 liter and it made 450 to the wheels.
post #12 of 23 Old 03-14-2009, 06:10 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 260
Quote:
a boat and a 96 acura integra that should make 800+whp or so.
Did you modify the car yourself or take it to a shop?
post #13 of 23 Old 03-14-2009, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambo65 View Post
Did you modify the car yourself or take it to a shop?
Myself. The only thing i did not do was machine work on my motor as well as my roll cage. I am really good friends with a local shop and basically i paid for materials and they did all my cage work. There are some things you just let other people do when it comes to safety.

However Everything else including putting the motor together, building the fuel system and fuel sump, all the intercooler piping i built and the intercooler itself i built bought a core and made my own end tanks, did all the wiring myself, pressed my wheel studs and wheel bearings.

Yea i couldnt tell you how many hours i have into this thing.
post #14 of 23 Old 03-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Owner

Quote:
Myself. The only thing i did not do was machine work on my motor as well as my roll cage. I am really good friends with a local shop and basically i paid for materials and they did all my cage work. There are some things you just let other people do when it comes to safety.

However Everything else including putting the motor together, building the fuel system and fuel sump, all the intercooler piping i built and the intercooler itself i built bought a core and made my own end tanks, did all the wiring myself, pressed my wheel studs and wheel bearings.

Yea i couldnt tell you how many hours i have into this thing.
I envy you. That is priceless and no money in the world can buy that car. Wish I was talented to be able to do that especially with one of my sons. It is amazing how people like Heffner can twin turbo the Gallardo to produce 1000 horsepower and Hennessey can twin turbo the Vipers and the costs associated with it. Ever think about marketing your talents? Have a Gallardo and an older Murcielago that I might have an open mind as well as a 1969 Chevelle.
post #15 of 23 Old 03-14-2009, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I envy you. That is priceless and no money in the world can buy that car. Wish I was talented to be able to do that especially with one of my sons. It is amazing how people like Heffner can twin turbo the Gallardo to produce 1000 horsepower and Hennessey can twin turbo the Vipers and the costs associated with it. Ever think about marketing your talents? Have a Gallardo and an older Murcielago that I might have an open mind as well as a 1969 Chevelle.
Thanks i love your garage btw

Yes it is definately priceless. That is one of the reasons i wont probably drive it on the road for the simple fact that if i were to get rearended or anything i couldnt get compensated for all the hours and blood and sweat let alone the price of whats into it.

I have a daughter too and cant wait till she is older and i can build a car with her its going to be awesome. Everything i know is self taught. When i did my first motor swap i didnt even know how to change my oil. I just had a magazine that showed the steps. Tig welding. I had no clue how to do it i just bought a miller tig welder and started reading and watching video's and asking questions at the welding shop.

I have though about marketing it but its more of just a side job as i own a small landscape maintenance business that is my bread and butter. I have however done alot of work on other peoples car as well as full builds.

What is funny the shop i am good friends with that did my cage work and i use their dyno had fired their old fabricator and the other day when i was there i welded some aluminum for them on their 67 supercharged nova.
post #16 of 23 Old 03-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Owner

Quote:
Thanks i love your garage btw

Yes it is definately priceless. That is one of the reasons i wont probably drive it on the road for the simple fact that if i were to get rearended or anything i couldnt get compensated for all the hours and blood and sweat let alone the price of whats into it.

I have a daughter too and cant wait till she is older and i can build a car with her its going to be awesome. Everything i know is self taught. When i did my first motor swap i didnt even know how to change my oil. I just had a magazine that showed the steps. Tig welding. I had no clue how to do it i just bought a miller tig welder and started reading and watching video's and asking questions at the welding shop.

I have though about marketing it but its more of just a side job as i own a small landscape maintenance business that is my bread and butter. I have however done alot of work on other peoples car as well as full builds.

What is funny the shop i am good friends with that did my cage work and i use their dyno had fired their old fabricator and the other day when i was there i welded some aluminum for them on their 67 supercharged nova.

Good for you. I am glad for you. I really respect that in a man, especially when you took the inititive when you are in a totally different field to self educate yourself and master something from scratch. A true sign of future success.
post #17 of 23 Old 03-14-2009, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Good for you. I am glad for you. I really respect that in a man, especially when you took the inititive when you are in a totally different field to self educate yourself and master something from scratch. A true sign of future success.

Thank you. It really helps hearing from people that are as successful as you. I am still fairly young (25) and still just trying to continue what i have built and learn as much stuff as i can while i am here.
post #18 of 23 Old 03-14-2009, 02:35 PM
Owner

Quote:
Thank you. It really helps hearing from people that are as successful as you. I am still fairly young (25) and still just trying to continue what i have built and learn as much stuff as i can while i am here.
Anybody can buy an exotic car. Anybody can pay and modify their car and add horsepower. All it takes is money. It amazes me to hear stories like yours from time to time where people with limited budgets work on their spare time to so they can have something nice and paid for. What amazes me about you is that you are not a mechanic by trade and learned it by yourself. My biggest heroes in life is not the Donald Trumps in this worlds. My biggest heroes in this life are the immigrant families who work their asses off working two seven days a week so they can put food on the table and save money so they can put their kids to college. Guys like you who learn from magazines and take a 1996 nice car like an Integra and modify it into a cutom 800 plus HP car are what make the future Bill Gates of tomorrow, to put it bluntly. I am much older than you are, 44 years old, and did make tons of mistakes in life but did not have the creativity nor the guts to attack a project like that especially with a family. Keep up the good work. Life is not easy and and is full of challenges. Tackle one challenge after another. Once you have accomplished all the challenges, I guess its time to go. Thanks for sharing your story, Mike. Schooling is not the only source of an education.
post #19 of 23 Old 03-14-2009, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Anybody can buy an exotic car. Anybody can pay and modify their car and add horsepower. All it takes is money. It amazes me to hear stories like yours from time to time where people with limited budgets work on their spare time to so they can have something nice and paid for. What amazes me about you is that you are not a mechanic by trade and learned it by yourself. My biggest heroes in life is not the Donald Trumps in this worlds. My biggest heroes in this life are the immigrant families who work their asses off working two seven days a week so they can put food on the table and save money so they can put their kids to college. Guys like you who learn from magazines and take a 1996 nice car like an Integra and modify it into a cutom 800 plus HP car are what make the future Bill Gates of tomorrow, to put it bluntly. I am much older than you are, 44 years old, and did make tons of mistakes in life but did not have the creativity nor the guts to attack a project like that especially with a family. Keep up the good work. Life is not easy and and is full of challenges. Tackle one challenge after another. Once you have accomplished all the challenges, I guess its time to go. Thanks for sharing your story, Mike. Schooling is not the only source of an education.

Thanks again. Yes even with my landscape stuff i have not gone to school but read and read and read my butt off to learn.. It wasnt easy in the beginning but now(7 years later) its all starting to pay off. Of course like everything there is trial and error. I have worked a few times for free haha.

I think as long as someone has the drive and goals and works hard to achieve them they will do good. One thing to i try and remember is to always keep my head up and keep a positive attitude.

I had to grow up and learn very fast after having a kid at 18. But i went the other way that most wouldnt. Sure i lost alot of friends cause i couldnt do the stuff i could before but i wouldnt change anything for the world.

Once my head gets back from the machine shop i will take more detailed pictures of the whole setup like the fuel system and what not and explain the details fo everything. I was pretty much ready to startup this weekend and i had to pull it all back apart cause the machine shop didnt cut two of my valves right and i couldnt adjust those two. So once that gets back i will be good to go.

p.s. what kind of real estate are you in?
post #20 of 23 Old 03-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Owner

Quote:
Thanks again. Yes even with my landscape stuff i have not gone to school but read and read and read my butt off to learn.. It wasnt easy in the beginning but now(7 years later) its all starting to pay off. Of course like everything there is trial and error. I have worked a few times for free haha.

I think as long as someone has the drive and goals and works hard to achieve them they will do good. One thing to i try and remember is to always keep my head up and keep a positive attitude.

I had to grow up and learn very fast after having a kid at 18. But i went the other way that most wouldnt. Sure i lost alot of friends cause i couldnt do the stuff i could before but i wouldnt change anything for the world.

Once my head gets back from the machine shop i will take more detailed pictures of the whole setup like the fuel system and what not and explain the details fo everything. I was pretty much ready to startup this weekend and i had to pull it all back apart cause the machine shop didnt cut two of my valves right and i couldnt adjust those two. So once that gets back i will be good to go.

p.s. what kind of real estate are you in?
I own larger apartment complexes in the Midwest. Some of them are the following. www.foresthillsapartments.cc www.cuntryclubapartments.cc www.southgateapartments.us among others.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode